What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Latitude 30 bagseeds

J. Crowe

Started these on march 3rd. Set them out about March 10 or so.
I must have misjudged the light during that first week because one of the sativas went right to flower and I harvested her about 12 days ago. That's some of the wet and dry buds in the pics. Total dry weight was only 62 grams but..it was all free, so there's that.

The others are 6.5 and around 7 ft. That fence in the background is 6ft.

20170514_081440_zpsl3ghbu8n.jpg

20170526_111410_zpsem5ne8wx.jpg

20170602_115953_zpsiscu5h4y.jpg

20170602_121010_zpsvsojw4fb.jpg

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
rad, you are already ahead for the outdoor season
those plants look like they are going to be huge

these are sativas you are growing?

J. Crowe

Those dried nugs look amazing, little early smoke as always a good thing. Bagseeds lookin fire.

Thanks! It was "accidental" early smoke as, like I said, I didn't pay close attention to the light timing when I had the seedlings indoors for the first couple weeks and when I set them out in March the one went straight to flower.

J. Crowe

rad, you are already ahead for the outdoor season
those plants look like they are going to be huge

Thanks!
When I do grow, I usually have them ready to put in the ground in March. They are pretty big now and positively confirmed females.
these are sativas you are growing?

Well, TBH these look like hybrids. Not pure either way.
The one that flowered "early" had the "classic" sativa look, though. Maybe some of the more experienced pros can tell about these. I'm not sure.

I also just started 2 feminized afghan-skunk crosses from Sensi Seeds.
Shooting for 60-90 or so days of veg and maybe 40 or 50 days to flower. I'll be cutting it close as far as cold weather but should be ok. The solstice was what? Yesterday, I think? Long outdoor growing seasons are nice
dance013.gif

I've never started this late but was excited about these and wanted to try a couple. I have some set back for next season, though.

Last year I did 5 northern lights autos from Vision Seeds outdoors with excellent results. I'm just a "hobby" grower...especially compared to what I see some of these people doing here. :)

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
i think its getting hard to find a truely pure strain of either variety
unless you are able to source land race genetics, pref from their place of origin, most plants we grow are hybrids
i guess the more correct term would have be mostly sativa

the schedule you have sounds good but if these plants are outdoors without supplemental lighting, its kind of up to nature to decide when they start to flower
/have you grown outdoors in your current location?
where i live outdoor plants usually start to flower in mid to late august
i would usually pull down most outdoor plants in mid to late october,
/but that just for my location and strains

the plant looks great and should be a beauty
when were those pics taken?

J. Crowe

i think its getting hard to find a truely pure strain of either variety
unless you are able to source land race genetics, pref from their place of origin, most plants we grow are hybrids
i guess the more correct term would have be mostly sativa

Yes. These are mostly sativa.

the schedule you have sounds good but if these plants are outdoors without supplemental lighting, its kind of up to nature to decide when they start to flower
/have you grown outdoors in your current location?

Right. I start them indoors under t5's and then put them out. Like I said I've never started THIS late in the season and those are just hopeful estimates. It might not work out at all.
I've been here 15 years and grown 5 times and usually have 6 to 10 plants when I do. Small time stuff. An lb. lasts me almost a year, so I'm in good shape there.
Used to have a job that kept me on the road, otherwise I'd do it every year.

where i live outdoor plants usually start to flower in mid to late august
i would usually pull down most outdoor plants in mid to late october,
/but that just for my location and strains
I usually have them down by Aug. / Sept. too. We'll see how it works out. There won't be any frost until at least Nov, so I'm hoping for the best.

the plant looks great and should be a beauty
when were those pics taken?
Thanks. That's actually 2 plants in those shots. The one that has the bigger colas forming is around 6 ft and the other one is around 7 ft now. The 7 footer was topped and semi lollipopped. The one with the colas was not topped, just LST to open up the branches some.
I still have 2 that I put out a few weeks ago and haven't determined sex yet...and the two feminized afghan-skunk crosses... if they work out.

The bud pics were a few weeks ago and the plant pics were the other day.
Thanks for taking the time to read and comment.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is a sweet set up you have going there!
did you build that enclosure just to grow weed?

like yourself, i pretty much just grow for myself and the mrs now, so a little goes a long way

it sounds like this is not your first rodeo, my man
your plants look nice and your technique is solid
/i am a big fan of LST and lollipopping my plants too; indoors and out

so how did the bud smoke?

J. Crowe

that is a sweet set up you have going there!
did you build that enclosure just to grow weed?

No, It's a portable dog kennel. It's 6x10 and 6 ft tall. My dog likes cannabis leaves, so....
I can put four 15 gallon containers with one plant each (plus a couple in 5 gal buckets occasionally) in there nicely. The 15 gal. ones get 6-8 ft usually.

like yourself, i pretty much just grow for myself and the mrs now, so a little goes a long way
That's the way I've always done it. Otherwise it becomes too much like "work". :)

it sounds like this is not your first rodeo, my man
your plants look nice and your technique is solid
/i am a big fan of LST and lollipopping my plants too; indoors and out

so how did the bud smoke?

Thanks a lot, pop_rocks.

It had a slight tang like citrus and a kind of woody/herby/slightly "pepper" flavor. I dried about 8 or 9 days and only cured for a couple of weeks...and I was smoking some as it cured. Down to my very last bud now, in fact.

The white widow autos that I had going (and was hoping would provide a July harvest of a few ounces) just didn't do anything like I expected, so I pulled them and replaced them with those afghans I mentioned earlier. No point in wasting time and resources on poor plants.

ManyManySpliffs

J. Crowe how many bagseed plants do you have going? Do you know what kind of weed the seeds came from? The plants look nice and healthy..

J. Crowe

J. Crowe how many bagseed plants do you have going? Do you know what kind of weed the seeds came from? The plants look nice and healthy..

Hi there spliffs! Nice to meet you.
I have 4 plants going. Those 2 that you see are conformed females and 2 others I started later that haven't shown yet.
I also just put in 2 afghan-skunk feminized seeds from Sensi Seeds.
It's a REAL late start for those, I know but they replaced those 2 white widow autos that I pulled up.

Your grows are very impressive. I'm new here. Just found the site a few weeks ago but I've looked at all your journals. Good stuff.

J. Crowe

damn...I can't edit my post...that's weird... but anyway in my post above "conformed" should read "confirmed" and to be clear I have 6 plants going and 4 of them are bagseed.

ManyManySpliffs

damn...I can't edit my post...that's weird... but anyway in my post above "conformed" should read "confirmed" and to be clear I have 6 plants going and 4 of them are bagseed.

Nice to meet you too. I think you need atleast 50 posts to be able to edit posts and get a few other features. Welcome to ICMag and we'll be along for your journey to help out any way we can, just keep us posted. :tiphat:

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
that is awesome!
never though of using a dog kennel as an enclosure
so is that just to keep the dog away or do you also have nosy neighbors?

that sounds like a nice flavor profile!
here there are tons of fruit and sour varieties
i like the spice flavors too, esp the woods and pepper

how did teh autos not live up to expectation?

J. Crowe

that is awesome!
never though of using a dog kennel as an enclosure
so is that just to keep the dog away or do you also have nosy neighbors?
Just to keep Gunnar away from them. I made the mistake of tossing dead leaves over the fence and now he eats them...I just know if he could get to the plants it would be....bad...

that sounds like a nice flavor profile!
here there are tons of fruit and sour varieties
i like the spice flavors too, esp the woods and pepper

how did teh autos not live up to expectation?

Well, I had plans to grow 5 autos for an early summer crop and I set them out in March. Only ONE out of 5 did anything. Got slightly more than 2 ounces dry...which would be ok if all 5 plants did that in 80 days. Alas...

The enclosure isn't big enough so that I can step back and get the whole plants in the shot...but maybe these can give an idea of size with the ruler next to the (still forming) colas. I guess I'm not much of a photographer...
Next ones I post in a few weeks will be harvest and trimming. Maybe those will look better and give a better idea what I'm doing.

20170621_165639_zpstqiv8gzp.jpg

20170630_150748_zpspqxntvp7.jpg

20170630_150631_zps8mxvigcm.jpg

J. Crowe

ahhh hell...to clarify since I can't edit yet.....3 out of the 5 autos popped but only one grew correctly. The other 2 that popped were like mini marijuana Bonsai...useless, so I yanked them..
Too much aggravation for me. Not worth the effort when I could be growing 7 ft photos.

pop_rocks

In my empire of dirt
420club
like manysplifs' said you need 50 posts to unlock certain features
but you are well on your way!

yes, mini plants would definitely not meet expectations
as a personal grower now, i will tolerate smaller plants to a certain degree, but we all draw our line someplace
/like you said, its time and resources that would be put to better use elsewhere

thats funny about your dog eating leafs
did it have any effect on him?
/i found out the hard way that my dog will take buds and chew them if you hold them out to her
luckily she dosent show any interest in the growing plants

no worries about the pics,man
the plants look great and you should pull down some nice bud
is there another plant in the picture?
like in the lower right, it looks like a smaller plant that isnt in flower yet?

Latest posts

Latest posts