What's new

Sprayed safer 3-1 burnt pistils

testing

Hey everyone,
So i had a bit of pm and some mites and decided to use safer 3-1 concentrate because it should help with both issues at the same time.... big mistake:/ ive got about 70% burnt pistils and I sprayed at day 18F. Im stressing hard right now. Everything looked good before the safer. I followed directions and used 8oz per gallon as the label recommended. Everything else is dialed in. Water is always around 68 degrees, ph 5.8 and ppms between 1200-1400. Never any nute burn. Room is sealed co2 around 1300, temp between 80-84 and phantom de lamps.

Theres a few pix as examples. Some are really bad, most are kinda 50/50 burned hairs and healthy looking ones, and a few don't seem to be affected but they are the minority.

Please any advice on what to do and if they may recover. Like I said im almost at wk3 so theres plenty of time to grow

Attachments

• IMG_1817.jpg
    IMG_1817.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_1819.jpg
    IMG_1819.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_1821.jpg
    IMG_1821.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 20

testing

I turned the lights off over them even though theres still lights on in the room to let them cool off. Another friend suggested water spray but honestly at this point im scared to spray anything.

stoney917

i Am SoFaKiNg WeTod DiD
Veteran
The other lights burned them... Its a terrible idea to treat a section of a multi-light room especially with the mites n pm..if they are in one spot there soon to be everywhere.. Spraying right at lights out n After spraying shut the room down... fire everything up when lights kick back on regular schedule u don't miss a beat n have 12 hrs to dry in the dark, never burn.. But ya the hid lights even though not on top of the plants fried them... At 3weeks they should recover n shoot out new pistols though

testing

The other lights burned them... Its a terrible idea to treat a section of a multi-light room especially with the mites n pm..if they are in one spot there soon to be everywhere.. Spraying right at lights out n After spraying shut the room down... fire everything up when lights kick back on regular schedule u don't miss a beat n have 12 hrs to dry in the dark, never burn.. But ya the hid lights even though not on top of the plants fried them... At 3weeks they should recover n shoot out new pistols though

Hey i guess what I wrote was confusing. I DID NOT SPRAY WITH ANY LIGHTS ON. I was simply saying that today when i got to the garden and saw the damage I turned the lights off over the damaged ladies. I sprayed the entire room with lights, fans, dehu, and ac off. They sat in the dark for about 16 hours. The other plants in the room had no damage because they're in week 1 and hence no pistils to turn brown. Hope that clears it up.

buzzmobile

Veteran
Safer's 3-in-1 is a soap and sulfur mixture. Potassium salts of fatty acids = soap. Soap spray will turn pistils orange or brown. It's not a big deal.

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
It has sulphur in it so don't spray anything else with oils of any kind as it will have a phytotoxic effect and burn your plants. Sounds like they are already turning around though :yes:

eric2028

Veteran
Pistils usually bounce back. Green cure at 2 tablespoons a gallon keeps pm gone at doesn't hurt the pistils that bad

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
It has sulphur in it so don't spray anything else with oils of any kind as it will have a phytotoxic effect and burn your plants./quote]

This is something I was unaware of... Is there a thread or link I could learn more about it?

Sorry but I don't have anything specific I could point you towards. Maybe do a quick google search for Sulphur and oil or sulphur phytotoxic? :dunno:

buzzmobile

Veteran
It has sulphur in it so don't spray anything else with oils of any kind as it will have a phytotoxic effect and burn your plants./quote]

This is something I was unaware of... Is there a thread or link I could learn more about it?

Horticultural Oils

Do not apply oils in combination with sulfur or sulfur-containing pesticides such as Captan or Karathane. They can react with oils to form phytotoxic compounds. Because elemental sulfur can persist for long periods, label directions on most oils prohibit their use within 30 days of a sulfur application.

MrBungle

Thanks guys, thats good to know...

I figure it would be pretty easy for someone to mix up some epsom salts with their neem and think it is beneficial...

who dat is

Cave Dweller
Veteran
Thanks guys, thats good to know...

I figure it would be pretty easy for someone to mix up some epsom salts with their neem and think it is beneficial...

I think you would be ok in this instance because epsom salts is magnesium sulfate and not elemental sulfur. Maybe look into it a bit more or test it out on one plant first. :2cents: