What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Unknown Problem, Unusual New Growth!!

hannerdoser

Hey guys, I've looked through the threads and searched everything I can think of, even asked a few friends to come over and take a gander...all to no avail.

So here's the deal, 4 plants outdoors in 200 gallon Smart Pots, in a mix of 1/3 perlite, 1/3 compost, 1/3 peat and native soil, all organic amendments. They're been outside for just under 1 month and have been doing fine until a couple days ago.I watered ten one night and then I came home from work the next day and all of the new growth was curling under, like rams horns, and I mean ALL of the new growth. The rest of the plant(s) look super healthy. I scoped it out and didn't see and mites, and I haven't added any extra nutes or anything out of the ordinary. All of your help is greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

• IMG_20170613_182321615.jpg
    IMG_20170613_182321615.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_20170613_182336054_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170613_182336054_HDR.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20170613_182825203_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    IMG_20170613_182825203_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20170613_161751291.jpg
    IMG_20170613_161751291.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 15

3snowboards

I think my plants do this when they are really growing fast.
The sun angle is higher
The roots are spreading taking in more of your organics.
Normal plants really taking off

My typical pot size is 1% of what you got going on... so...

Anyway, They look like they are saying yuck �� about Something.
That doesnt look like a pest problem, but it would be good to be sure. Take a real close look in the media for larve.

Could your media be saturated? Are these plants significantly heavier than the good ones?

After all that, i would assume they didnt like somthing they ate. I would flush with a weak solution. But, you have to be sure the root system can handle the saturated media.

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
I'm tempted to concur with 3snowboards. I'd give it a day or two. It seems like the growth I get after a stall of sorts. Like after a transplant. The new gast growth can have that squiggle thing going on.

Speed of green

This is a picture of a plant i gave my mom, 24 hours before this picture it was perfect.

There was an issue with her grow room that was off-gassing.

then she fed them with the ph way way high like 9.something.

If you havent introduced anything new to the growing area its probably not offgassing.

but you may want to double check your ph/calibrate your meter, as ive had the curl like this from feeding the wrong ph.

hope this helps

picture.php

resin_lung

I cough up honey oil
Veteran
This is a picture of a plant i gave my mom, 24 hours before this picture it was perfect.

There was an issue with her grow room that was off-gassing.

then she fed them with the ph way way high like 9.something.

If you havent introduced anything new to the growing area its probably not offgassing.

but you may want to double check your ph/calibrate your meter, as ive had the curl like this from feeding the wrong ph.

hope this helps

View Image

I don't want to side track the thread or anything, it actually may be relevant, but the subject of off gassing has always intrigued me. I believe I've unknowingly dealt with it long ago.

Did you ever discover the source?

I never did. it just eventually went away.lol

Speed of green

I literally stripped everything out of the room piece by piece, i even put the plants in older pots i had run from a previous grow.

it turned out to be the rigid insulation the walls are made of. i exhausted the air 3x per minute and the symptoms went away.

most people put a vapor barrier (orca/panda) over their insulation and seal it up tight. i learned my lesson!

anyway, thats my story.

Guy Brush

ICMag Donor
Veteran
They probably reacted to the different times of light per day outdoors. It's always changeing outside.