What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

R.I.P. Don Rickles

vta

Veteran
One of the last of the Greats!

LA TIMES – Don Rickles, the aggressively caustic comedian who became known as “The Merchant of Venom” and “The King of Zing” as he took insult comedy to a new level, has died.

Rickles died as a result of kidney failure at his Los Angeles home on Thursday, said his publicist Paul Shefrin. He was 90.

[YOUTUBEIF]F4m5HLVwsco[/YOUTUBEIF]

MicroRoy

RIP

He was the worlds funniest asshole ever. Always had me laughing.

That dude was so funny.

If he was on TV today some group would be having a cry baby protest every day.

He could insult your mother and have you laughing about it.

Betterhaff

Veteran
He was a master of the Art of the Insult. That clip in the OP had me howling. Talk about quick.

He once said, "You can't study comedy; it's within you. It's a personality. My humor is an attitude."

RIP you cue ball.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

There was a great special on SpikeTV last night, it was a replay of Don's 88th birthday roast, several of the stars/comics that roasted him had me in hysterics, my little dog Suzi was sitting back with her eyes opened wide @ my howling.

below is a picture of Don & a HS acquaintance of mine Bobby Slayton, this dude Bobby was one of the schools biggest 'partiers' that graduated in '73, one year ahead of me.

Picture Bobby's naturally curly hair, jet black it grew like a 'fro & big, but he kept it parted right down the middle and almost laid out flat, to top off that look he wore a Dracula cape, black w/a red satin lining, I shit you not.
f6qyF6u.jpg

Anyways, I don't know how he knew Don Rickles, I checked IMDB but found no common links.

This of course should be about Don, and what could I have added that wasn't already said a thousand times over :dunno: As a kid back in the '60s I'd sneak halfway down the stairs to watch what was making my parents laugh so much @ the comics on The Tonight Show (11:30pm~1:00am in NY), Rickles, J. Rivers, Carlin, Dangerfield, Dean Martins bawdy humor etc...

Rickles was probably the best of all, very quick, more off the cuff stuff than most comic's standard shtick; the faces he would make, like it was made of rubber, and he always gave blessings and praise to his mother, Rickles was a very good man.

R.I.P. Don.......