What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

bio-bucket res's sssdh x joey weed's blueberry ak47

GSPfan

Veteran
Thanks brother. Any suggestions on a water chiller adequate enough for 4 buckets under a 1000w? I'm actually thinking about chipping a hole in my floor for my rez. My ceiling height is just over 7' so I need the extra room. This would help with temps too but probably not enough as I was getting into the 90°s.
I'm really hoping for a fight for GSP at WW or LW. I'd like to see Georges beat up on Bisping but GSP is too small to be fighting at 185. Diaz would be a good fight though. The last time they fought GSP was dealing with acl injuries and was even having a hard time taking Diaz down. The fight would definitely tell us if GSP has fully recovered from his acl injuries (many are never the same) and if he's still on top of his game.

cravin morehead

Veteran
cant wait to see GSP fighting again. as far as chillers go, i run an eco-plus 1/10 hp. works fine for my 6 buckets under a 1000w. i just use it with a small, smaller the better, inline pump at the reservoir. so it just circulates the reservoir, not the entire 40 or so gallons in my system. works great, most times that i've looked, the chiller isnt even running. i do use a big ice chest cooler for a reservoir. my ceiling isnt much different than yours, mine is just under 8'. i put my res outside the tent on the ground and built a 8" platform for my tent to sit on. that gave me height to get enough waterfall at the res. i designed a system for somebody that we couldnt get enough return line height on. so my solution was to use his chiller return line as another waterfall. we took the return line and raised it 2' to the top of a vertical pipe going into his res. tons of oxygen from that splashing. just an idea. might make it easier than chipping out floor for your res. check out my bio-bucket tent album for more ideas

cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
hey Starke, glad to have you. enjoy the ride...

just a little update, had a spot of PM show up. the weather here has been really fucking different here lately. its been cold, windy, and something really weird was happening. water was coming out of the sky and falling to earth. that kind of shit never happens here that i remember. in some places cars were floating on the freeways and power is going out and stuff. its made everyones yard turn green, strange shit man!
i think it was just from the weather lately and it is a little crowded in my tent. so i hit it with some green cleaner and all gone. a few leaves took a hit from me needing to spray during lights on and the pm. but no signs of it now. busted out more fans and turned them on high for a day. plants never stopped or even slowed eating their nutes. gotta love that. so, other than that, just topped up the nutes again. trying to stay at 900ppm or 1.8ec now. heres a couple day 42 shots
overall shot

close up nug shot

here you can see some damaged leaves. nice cola forming in the back of the tent.

thats about it for today. got questions, fire away...

cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
day 45 update

day 45 update

whats up guys-
not a lot of time right now. so heres a quick day 49 update. just continued with adding nutes. i bumped my light up to 1000w on day 45. keeping nutes at around 900/1.8. temps inside the tent are like 73*f-76*f depending on weather lately. humidity has been holding around 35% when it doesnt rain, then its like 55%. removed some leaves today. not too much, just trying to keep the airflow up. thats about it...

overall shot, day 45

couple of scroggy buds

same cola as before in the back

my attempt at a macro shot

thats it for now... :headbange

cm

B

bionicchronic

how much did your system cost you in all? i just switched to flower in dwc, but wanna try something else with the next gen...
either this of flood and drain

cravin morehead

Veteran
Hey bionic- it's hard for me to say total price because I had a lot of the stuff around already. I work in construction so most PVC and fittings were free. Pump was like $120 that's the most expensive piece besides lighting. If I had to build from scratch minus lights and fans and tent, which I assume you have, I would guess around $300 maybe. I recommend bio buckets highly. If you build one cut no corners, never settle for should be OK and you will be rewarded with a system that protects your plants and pretty much runs itself. Read the bio bucket sticky, all building parameters are in that thread. Check my albums for build pics. If I can help let me know.

Cm

Last edited:

Aspenou812

Veteran
Now you have me looking into your system CRAVEN...... no fair as i have already settled on one myself.....

cravin morehead

Veteran
aspen- your technique seems to be working great for you. but mine is very easy to use and maintain for me. bio-buckets are nothing new, but like most good things, they get passed over for the 'new killer tech that blows everything out of the water'. I don't really weigh my harvests, but I would bet my buckets keep up with every other systems yields out there. growth rates can be seriously explosive. my biggest harvest filled 64 quart jars and a couple 1/2 gallon jars with the big colas. I have zero reason to lie about it. not trying to be mister bitchin at all. i've designed systems up to 50 buckets and they work just like mine do. the only problem I've found is sometimes roots are so plentiful they can slow the draining down and cause a bit of an overflow. just gotta occasionally lift a bucket lid and ease the roots out of the drain. no biggie. in my albums I think there is a diagram of a single bucket system you could try out in the corner of your room. in a power outage, each bucket holds like 4 gallons of solution to keep the girls ok until power is restored.
this new cross I'm running, Super sour berry 47, Ssb47 seems to not be as heavy yielding, but it looks great to me and smells incredible. I still can't pin down the odor. sweet like sour candy is, not much typical cannabis odor at all.

cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
ok, I suck at identifying odors from my grows and relating them to other known aromas. but, yesterday I'm at my buddy's pad. he starts making a batch of Kool-aid for his kids. as he's scooping the powder from the container and dropping it in the jug I smell it, that's pretty damn close to the smell in my tent right now! so, I guess, my Ssb47 while flowering, smells very similar to his mixture of flavors of Kool-aid powders. after adding water, it wasn't the same. it has that kinda powdery odor to it with the sour and fruits. he was mixing cherry limeade and tropical punch flavors together. he didn't have enough of each for a batch so was mixing the two. that's the closest thing I've smelled to what's in the tent. right now at least, it may change, we'll see. damn, now that I read this, that sounds kinda strange for bud odor. but that's the closest I've come across, so there it is.

cm

Last edited:

DARKSIDER

Official Seed Tester
ICMag Donor
Veteran
420giveaway
whats up guys-
not a lot of time right now. so heres a quick day 49 update. just continued with adding nutes. i bumped my light up to 1000w on day 45. keeping nutes at around 900/1.8. temps inside the tent are like 73*f-76*f depending on weather lately. humidity has been holding around 35% when it doesnt rain, then its like 55%. removed some leaves today. not too much, just trying to keep the airflow up. thats about it...

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71542&pictureid=1714089&thumb=1]View Image overall shot, day 45[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71542&pictureid=1714090&thumb=1]View Image couple of scroggy buds[/URL]

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71542&pictureid=1714092&thumb=1]View Image[/URL] same cola as before in the back

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=71542&pictureid=1714093&thumb=1]View Image my attempt at a macro shot[/URL]

thats it for now... :headbange

cm

Looking Good cravin morehead.:)

cravin morehead

Veteran
hey natures gift, too bad this run is almost over. go back and check it out, if you got questions fire away...
update time...
yesterday was day 63 of flower.

the trich's are 99% cloudy and are filled up and swelling. sorry about bad pic

i stopped feeding on day 58. i've never ran this cross before so i'm just going on experience here. they're getting their fade on pretty well.

in the pics you can see the damage to some leaves from the previous PM. haven't seen any more since that one time. i need to get in and remove them. i left them for the pics because i got nothing to hide. i'll show you guys the good, the bad, and everything in between, i got nothing to prove or hide. from this run i can say this cross is a bit of a calcium and nitrogen hog. next time i run it, i will feed some extra cal mag in early to mid flower. also i probably will add in some dynagro grow with my bloom feed until about 30 days of flower. every Sour Diesel i've ever run likes extra calcium, i shoulda known. extra nitrogen, not sure where that comes from but i put it in my notes for next time.
ok another odor update. Now i'm saying i got this figured out. it absolutely reeks of ripe Guava and Grapefruit, smells sooo delicious! i don't smell any typical cannabis odors at all. i'm hoping this smell translates into flavor too. not sure when they'll come down yet, but its coming up. i'm thinking like 72 days or so, we'll see how it goes.

the buds are pretty damn dense and still packing on weight. i'm pretty happy about the trichome density and size too. the
terp's are frickin great so far. i think i have 30 or so more of these seeds and i'm real interested in seeing what other phenos they contain. i can't run a bunch of seeds at once so it'll be a long time adventure running those other beans too. let alone the stash of other seeds in my seed vault. maybe i'll try another seed or a cut from this mom outdoor this year, we'll see.

with the price of electricity here in SoCal i think i will be shutting down the tent for the hot season here and run outdoor soil. i have AC in the tent room and very good control of the environment in there, but it is too expensive to run all the time for me. i did this run with zero AC. i don't really sell my bud so no return on investment for me. plus from what i see at the dispensaries around here, if it ain't Glue, or cookies, or Kush or whatever some rapper is talking about, they aren't interested. i gotta say, most of the popular strains, don't interest me much. too much of a generic high without much variaition in any of them. i kinda consider them boring and uninteresting to me. however there are some good flavors, i'll admit it. i've been toking for around 30 years and growing for over 20 years and things are not as interesting now as they were back in the day... i say hot season because its alot more than just summer around here. i'm getting frickin sick of the heat all the time anymore around here. i think a move may be in my near future. i will leave my pump going to keep the bennies happy until next run. next run will probably fire off around Halloween or so. i'll consult the old farmers almanac to get an idea of when to get cuts ready to go.
as for this run, i will keep it updated and going through harvest for sure. if anybody is interested still, i'll keep on going through cure and smoke/vape time.
thats about it for now, will update again soon... thanks for following along guys, sorry for stoned rambling

cm

cravin morehead

Veteran
Holy crap!

Holy crap!

Thanks for the Up's guys...
Today is day 70. I'm thinking the girls may get their 48 hours of dark in the next day or two. We'll see, I'm in no hurry, still sitting on about 12 jars of unknown sativa #3 x Chimera's Calizahr I made. Smokes/vapes great, clear up high with no ceiling and tastes exactly like if pinesol made orange flavor.
But, I did take a nug of this Ssb47 about a week ago and dried it as slow as I could, about 5 days. Holy shit!! With zero cure, this is up there in the top 10 I've smoked, ever! No lie, no embellishments from me, don't need to, nothing to prove to anyone. At first taste I get hit with straight fuel and grapefruity sour on the inhale. Then as it sits in your mouth/lungs, a change to like Lemonhead candy. And on the exhale, blueberry lemonade all the way. Taste seems to linger in your mouth for a good bit after smoking, like 5 minutes maybe.
As for the high. Didn't have enough to test the ceiling. Beautiful high, laughy, long lasting, and comes on pretty quick. Colors are enhanced a bit, real intense. The wild poppy fields around here were brighter more intense orange than before. Almost like mushroom induced kinda colors. I think I really came up with a great one here. Soooo glad I got 2 mom's of it and 2 more were gifted to my bro's. I'm fucking stoked on this cross... Can't wait to try it after jar curing and cobbing some up too. Gonna probably run a cut outdoor organic soil this season too. I got a mess of seeds of it, this is the first seed I popped. Wonder what other phenos she holds? Time will tell. Can't wait to bring the rest down. More pics coming soon... :headbange

Cm