What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

RIP Carrie Fisher

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Actress Carrie Fisher, who played Princess Leia in ‘Star Wars,’ has died at age 60, daughter’s publicist says.

Carrie, You will be missed.

May the force be with you.....:thank you:

Betterhaff

Veteran
I have to agree S4L.

RIP Carrie Fisher and thoughts & prayers to her Mother and Daughter. Gary too.

Attachments

• Leia Organa.jpg
    Leia Organa.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 9

shithawk420

Veteran
jeez.didnt see that coming.seems like all these people dying lately are young.60 is not that old.rip

yesum

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Tough for the mom. Hope she just passed out quick and did not suffer much. R.I.P.

Green Squall

Very sad. I'm glad Carrie got to participate in the new Star Wars movies. It must have been an exciting time for her. Maybe even a little deja vu'ish.

She was wrapped for Episode VIII so we will be seeing her one last time on the big screen next year. RIP.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Another great artist gone from my era.

When I heard she suffered a cardiac event in the air, I remained hopeful, but reality, if she lived, it'd have been a long rough road and she wouldn't be the same.

In September, Fisher spoke to CBC's "Radio Active," saying that speaking out about her mental illness (bipolar) has been “freeing.”

“Shame is not something I aspire to,” she said, noting that "a lot of people are bipolar."

Fisher added that since speaking up, she had gotten “a lot of people coming up to me and thanking me for that.”

HOORAY, Carrie!

We thank you Princess Leia for gracing us with your beauty, wisdom and wit.

“Karl Marx: "Religion is the opiate of the masses."

Carrie Fisher: "I did masses of opiates religiously.”
― Carrie Fisher, Postcards from the Edge

RIP.