What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Premium nutrients - Real deal or hype???

X

xavier7995

Am a big fan of jacks, maxibloom is a reasonable second. I have tried a number of mj oriented lines and view them all as unnecessary and I can get comparable results for pennies with jacks. Some of them offer a large buffer for new grower mistakes, it is probably easier for a new person to really nail a grow using AN...but man, learning a bit about plant nutrition beyond just following a feed chart and will never look back.

Stan G.

I use Fox Farm Ocean Forrest soil and Fox Farm veg and bloom nutes. I also use Great white and Cool Bloom and ph down. I Have no complaints on my quality. I get enough full melt hash, that I spend more time smoking, than worried about which nutes are better. I had great results with A.N. when doing hydro, except I also had a sore throat when I smoked the flushed product.:tiphat:

C

cooterbrown420

Your results are what they are. You had problems with premium nutrients that went away when you switched.
This doesn't prove premium nutrients are a scam as there are far more accounts of people like me who have had great success with premium quality cannabis specific nutrients. One persons bad experience doesn't outweigh the good experiences had by the majority of users.

Ok tell us the truth you are a rep for Canna huh? Dude never said he had problems with premium nutrients just said he likes Jacks ease of use better. You seem intent on proving a point im sure pictures of all your premium cannabis would help.

chomsky

Ok tell us the truth you are a rep for Canna huh? Dude never said he had problems with premium nutrients just said he likes Jacks ease of use better. You seem intent on proving a point im sure pictures of all your premium cannabis would help.

He's definitely not a Canna rep. Canna wouldn't bother. But yea man, why all the point proving and arguing? I agree, he never said a word about PH problems. Let's keep this to nutrients...

Personally, I love canna but am switching to Jacks the next run. Canna is just too expensive and Im seeing all kinds of good stuff about Jacks.

Spaventa

Veteran

A rep for Canna who is looking to drop Canna Boost for another brand? (in this thread) A rep who questions if the Boost does anything (in this thread)

All I did was dispute one person who denounced ALL premium nutrients as a waste of money.

Taking pictures of your buds? Most of us stop that shit after a few years of growing :tiphat:

C

cooterbrown420

A rep for Canna who is looking to drop Canna Boost for another brand? (in this thread) A rep who questions if the Boost does anything (in this thread)

All I did was dispute one person who denounced ALL premium nutrients as a waste of money.

Taking pictures of your buds? Most of us stop that shit after a few years of growing :tiphat:

in other words you don't have pics of your "premium bud" because you don't grow premium bud. I thought your were just trolling now its obvious.

Gelado`

Veteran
Great thread. I've gone from ROLS to soilless with Peter's Professional, and a little added STEM and mag sulfate. I bet this is going to be my best grow ever!

Spaventa

Veteran
Well, that's just not true bro... Take a puff bro... It's all good here. We are just talkin nutes man. Not fighting about em...

I know man - I'm the one under attack from multiple parties just for daring to challenge a generalisation that premium nutes are a total waste of money. Im accused of being a troll, a shill and and some kind of fake grower it seems. Ive not thrown any insults like that so maybe you should have a word with them. Its ridiculous because in the thread I talk about dropping Canna Boost and looking for a cheaper alternative. To accuse me of being a canna rep after that makes me wonder what their objective is. It clearly disingenuous and CLASSIC trolling. Preemptively calling me a troll only confirms THEY are trolls - thats what they always do.

MJINC

I agree 100% that premium nutrients are vastly more expensive then products like Jack's powdered but for many folks (and that includes some commercial growers) it takes away some hassle and gives peace of mind with something that they know works.

chomsky

I know man - I'm the one under attack from multiple parties just for daring to challenge a generalisation that premium nutes are a total waste of money. Im accused of being a troll, a shill and and some kind of fake grower it seems. Ive not thrown any insults like that so maybe you should have a word with them. Its ridiculous because in the thread I talk about dropping Canna Boost and looking for a cheaper alternative. To accuse me of being a canna rep after that makes me wonder what their objective is. It clearly disingenuous and CLASSIC trolling. Preemptively calling me a troll only confirms THEY are trolls - thats what they always do.

I get it... Its all good... Im sure in person we would all be stoned and laughing our asses off... Lets get back to nutes...

Spaventa

Veteran

You can see those have happily taken everything you've given them. Thats purity and chelation for ya - increased absorption.

I will say this however. If I was growing outdoors, Id be all organic, 100%.

hazyfontazy

Veteran
After reading up i'm quite impressed with jr peters ,a speciality dry fert company ,the range is huge ,if it were readily available in uk i would try it ..

before i started using coco and coco nutes i used dry ferts by growth technolghy and they did give great results ,,prior to this i used chempak in soil ,,same again great results ,,but the first time i used canna coco everything changed ,,taste was so much better than anything else and yields were good ,,ive spent 20 years fine tuning my grow in coco and i now only use the medium from canna if i'm lazy ,,the canna system does work though its not HYPE