What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal-best time to go

rajen

one or two alone are o.k. but a group is a drag...
the only ones I met causing trouble!
there are many guest houses in bangkok with a sign saying 'no isralies'
because they're causing too much trouble all the time.

T

The Batman

we will go to kashmir next year and im planing to go to rishikesh, shimla, kullu/manali/malana/parvati area too to smoke a little

T

The Batman

about the place you were talking about i find it, its Kasol its approx 10km south east of malana village, am i right ?

rajen

about the place you were talking about i find it, its Kasol its approx 10km north west of malana village, am i right ?
:

correct, but you could even stay there, I wouldn't worry too much. or just don't go there, or have look first and if it dosen't fit , move along. I don't think your wife is going out in chador ...

theclearspot

Rajen, I know you said I dont need a guide, but I'd like a guide because i think they can offer numerous insights into the local culture and people etc. could you point me in the right direction for a guide? cheers..

hom

Veteran
Nepal is a brilliant country too visit and it has everything to offer the avid smoker. its available everywhere and costs about 2 euro a gram before haggeling.. weed is alot cheaper too. On my first night in kathmandu I had 10 grams of some nice pollen for 2000 nep rupees( got over charged) and later was offered some weed at the hotel......told him I wanted a bit an was told to wait for 20 mins.....then a young guy lands with a plastic bag full of buds..maybe 5 ounces...1000 rupees for everything..10 euro...was rollin bob marley spliffs that night. Found much nicer weed in the countryside though. Locals are really good fun to hang out with....very generous and friendly. Hard to get very high quality hashish in nepal because the best comes to Europe and the remainder seems to be mixed with some contaminent. Stick to the blonde and the weed.

hom

Veteran
picture.php

rajen

right what you said. stick to the pollen, it's easier to point out the quality.
although I would look for good charas too, as it's the traditional kind of hash making there, and you will only find it it in nepal.
imagine the amount one experienced worker can produce in one day (a good one can make 8 -10 grams a day, which is one thola). All of them cream their hands with some grease (whats around, I even saw vaseline to be used, only a litle bit, but it gets off the hands better this way.) as you can imagine there are some pieces of the plant included. but this is what makes it not stronger but most unique in the worl, but don't expect to get blown away by this stuff, though it coul happen if youre lucky.

For the guide it won't be a problem, but it's a question of what you expect. If you're known to be out for scoring a lot, you'll have to manage with the israelies, or you just walk up towards Melana, and ask someone there. As the Melana people are a special kind of people, they are not allowed to touch something which was touched by outsiders, so don't try and shake hands or exchange anything (i.e. a bottle of water, a thola of crema :) directly from hand to hand, this won't work. Put it down and they wil take it, and they will place the good in question to the tabel or ground and from there you can take it.
They also won't guide you around, not even if you want to buy big amounts, which will be almost impossible for you to get.
A guide to walk you around is found easily, but what you're looking for won't be shown to you. Would you show a stranger your growroom or field ?
There are two chances to see the hidden places: you stay there long enough to hook up with some locals, or you fall into a field by youst strawling around.
It depends on what youre after.
There are many trks and hikes over there, and it will be nice to go on a trek for some days.
Make sure youre guide is a smoker, and on the way you ask if he knows some weed farmer or a nice field to take fotos. If youre lucky maybe you will pass by a nice field.
This is for melana and north india.
in nepal, fields are everywhere, mostly wild ones, the cultivations will be cut in oct. so most of the fields will be gone and you will see only wild weed on your trek, i.e. up to jomsom near tatopani (hot springs) everywhere. If you tell me what your after, I could get you some contact (I do know some mountain guides who will be glad to walk up to some base camps, or make the annapurna round trek, but you can get those guides easily, just go to some travel agency).
have a good time there and unworry, with the feet on nepalese ground everything looks different as from home, and tourns out to be quite easy, whats a real tip for any nepal tourist, or asia tourist: stay with the flow, go with what happens and you will be fine. I don't remember how often i planned to go west and ended up in the north or somewhere I didn't intend to go. And it was always cool.

cheers rajen.

T

The Batman

In oct.- nov. you'll likely fall over fresh charras, in jan, the best will be gone as it's sold completely in oct. There is no reason to keep some srash for torists who are late.
In april it's still nice and it's not as cloudy as after the mosoon.
But let me tell you it's still hard to find best quality.

hello rajen i hope you feel good, do you think oct nov is the best period to find the best quality resin in himachal pradesh and even in kashmir ?

you are lucky man to have some malana creme soon, you should have good conection, have a good smoke my fellow adventurer !
take care

sincerely

bat

ps : you should be able to edit your posts now you have more than 50 posts. :)

rajen

hi bat, definitely in sep, oct, nov. it's the best time to score top quality. In himchal there ist a real competition going on. Every1 is keen to have the best crema.
it goes like this, one presents some hash an quotes it as 'best melana crema', the other one says that this isn't crema but just good hash. If you're lucky you sit at the same table and everyone is questioned about the quality. it's a real competition. although those people are douchbags, they still have the best smoke, but no brains. this is fortunate for you, as you could ask the one with the best if you could have a little.
What we did always (the dealers around) we would stroll around the beach cafes and hand over to the smokers some giveaways so they could test the quality, and might buy some of it, this is likely to happen in the touristy beach areas (dunno if this is still common).
it's easy to get what you're after. for the best hash i recommend himchal, for the trks, culture, religion and exotic places go to nepal and trk.
have fun on your trip it's quite an experience, which in my case, changed my life up to now.
but as i said before. it's good to make plans, but be open to the flow! as you can't plan fate, in the most positive way you can imagine.

rajen

hi bat, definitely in sep, oct, nov. it's the best time to score top quality. In himchal there ist a real competition going on. Every1 is keen to have the best crema.
it goes like this, one presents some hash an quotes it as 'best melana crema', the other one says that this isn't crema but just good hash. If you're lucky you sit at the same table and everyone is questioned about the quality. it's a real competition. although those people are douchbags, they still have the best smoke, but no brains. this is fortunate for you, as you could ask the one with the best if you could have a little.
What we did always (the dealers around) we would stroll around the beach cafes and hand over to the smokers some giveaways so they could test the quality, and might buy some of it, this is likely to happen in the touristy beach areas (dunno if this is still common).
it's easy to get what you're after. for the best hash i recommend himchal, for the trks, culture, religion and exotic places go to nepal and trk.
have fun on your trip it's quite an experience, which in my case, changed my life up to now.
but as i said before. it's good to make plans, but be open to the flow! as you can't plan fate, in the most positive way you can imagine.

many resident foreigners 'subscribe' a field, which means, before the seeds are in the ground you pay for the whole harvest and work the hash on themselves. so they could guarantee the best quality, as the local farmers dry it in plain sun and don't trim too good. we did that in kerala, and made oil from it, which was common in the old days. the biggest problem was the huge amount of alcohol you needed, it was sold by government shops, and they wondered why we would need so much of it.
and unfortunately we had to rebuild the hut twice, because to work on those amounts the distiller was running 7/24, and we where 'drunk' and stoned all the time.
as peter got up one night he lid a cig an walked in: booooom and he blew the whole thing off. fortunately his friend could save some litres of oil, but to finish the rest of 150 kg of weed we had to rebuild everything.
that was over 30 years ago...and now is a laugh. hopefully you will encounter people like we where back in those days, it'll be great fun for you.

sorry, for the double post, to edit on my pad is a drag,

theclearspot

Rajen, sent you a pm not sure if you got it, but would appreciate any contact for a guide who could show us the ropes, fields and charas! we are looking for a sort of organised trek or treks , not too hard as we arent experienced hill walkers,need accommodation teahouses and food, transport, hotels Kathmandu,Pokhara...

rajen

:hi bat,
I wouldn't traffic anything illegal over a boarder, not even within europe.
About your question:
ass hash is the common way to get something to spain on the land way.
If you swallow you'll get really red eyes from the latex of the condoms, and believe me the customs know their job.
I don't know if this happens also when you stash in the ass. but maybe.
You can get this egg dope in spain and it won't be so expensive in the south of spain.
To get it over the boarder is a risky thing, as much people try it and many are caught.
Definitively not my recommondation.
Enjoy when there, and enjoy what you get in the country where you stay.
And if you want to do it bigscale, there are posibilities, but this is not the place to discuss this, and it's , for me, a totally no go.
Imagine the stress you have by doing either of it, and imagine your gain....
it's just not worth it. but every1has to decide on his own.

Green81

Veteran
Good advice Rajen, smuggling small amounts is just not worth the risk anymore.

Hey Im going to Goa for 3 weeks in late Jan, could you give me any advice scoring something of high quality, hash or green? Do i need to worry about openly smoking on the beaches etc or is that an isnt bribe time to the police?????????

rajen

if you want to score best quality, you have to search for it while smoking with others.
just ask (not in public :) )
in most, if not all producing countries, the people take more time.
in nepal i was dealing for a singing bowl. 3 days i needed to get it at the price i was willing to pay.
sitting in the hills, smoking, drinking tea, and after one hour i coul stert making compliments about his singing bowl. On the ladt day i told him that all i have was what he sees and that was only one sleeping bag, trousers, shoes a small bag with toothbrush etc. and a monks robe, and that i needed a bowl, because i don't have anything to eat my food from....which was true, this convinced him, and i was having every meal from then on out of my singing bowl.
so now imagine you don't want a singing bowl, but see his fields. ...imagine some friend of you brought another unknown guy to your grow room!
if you spend long enough time there you might be able to be guided to one field and maybe be able to make your own charras.,
you'll have aboou 3 to 5 grams after 8-10 hours work, don't be dissapointed. :)
it's all a question of time and luck.
i walked up the jomsom trek towards muktinath, and a day before i reached tatopani iwalked through fields of wild weed, nice sativas, all different age and size.
even in between the stepstones up the hill they were sprouting out.
in tatopani yo talk to some smoking tourist.
or go to the biggest and most expencive guesthouse, you possibly talk to the owner of the biggest and bet stash and owner of the biggest fields.
never be direct to the point, never be pushy. take your time.
for goa it's just the syme, take your time.
it's possible to get everything, i mean it, in goa.
go to the flea market, look for the most stoned hippie, be carefull it's not a junkie, and talk to him, may be mention after some time, that you really would like to be as stoned as him...
maybe your lucky. this is the way it works in asia, very 'shanti' .
hope it helps, enjoy your trips, and report.

btw, i'm just sitting near the window looking outside on the street just behind the old melkweg in amsterdam and just smoked some manali jungle cream from greenhouse...nice, and some super lemon
haze, nice too.
cheers rajen

Green81

Veteran
Rajen, i could listen to your stories for some time brother, thanks for all the useful info and tips. Would like to do the trekking-thing but we have only 3 weeks, India has so much to offer and is undisputed the oldest culture on Earth.

Hey Rajen do you have any pics from the past to share?

Peace

G81