What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hemp Russet Mites!! Help?

jason33

can anyone direct me in , how many lady bugs to order 12by12 8 \. tall i see a few vleveas showing speckles//thank you , and best time to release???thanks JAY

We have some on our outdoor garden this year and they have taken there toll. We are in progress of battling them using Organicide spray every three days. They seem to be on a few of the plants only or at least there the only ones showing signs. I have a hand scope and computer scope and will be monitoring them several times a day maybe to a couple experiments. Here is a couple pics off the scope today. Not Good

picture.php

picture.php

Ras Mason

Veteran
0.75 ml avid per litre with half dose of cocowet.
re-applied about 4 days after. The speed at which the poison they inject in
the host goes away is minblowing.
Not a trace...

GottaBeGreen

.75ml of avid per litre seems to be a lot if you ask me. I only did 1 ml in a gallon and it worked fine. I havent had them in months now.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i didn't have good results with flormaite/tetrasan mix, id say if you are gonna go that route avid is the way to go over floramite, duno if tetrasan works on them, its an ovacide specialized against spiders mite varieties.

fuck... kill them fuckers, sorry yall are dealing with the HRMs they are pure evil.

Ras Mason

Veteran
aren t spider mites acarians and HRM actual mites? why do i hear left and right that floramite would work? is it not an acaricide????

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
once again, I had poor/no results fighting HRM with floramite/tetrasan

Last edited:

yujin

It's pretty simple and non-toxic. sulfur. either burn it in the room or spray it on with a sulfur spray. no need for those heavy chemicals.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
:yeahthats

I had GREAT results against HRMs using safer brand wettable sulfur, sold as a fungicide; but knocked out the hemp russet mites.

sneeded

Avanish. How often are you using the sulfur? Are you using a wetting agent with it? Have u seen any burn with it?

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
now i use it as part of my IPM regime, once every 2 weeks about, yes i use dr bronners soap as wetting agent, just a few drops.

IF i still had HRM's I'd be spraying it regularly.....
there IS some risk of using sulfur and neem or neem extracts in conjunction or timed closely together, im not sure of the specifics but something like you don't want them to mix on the surface of the leaf or the leaves will burn the f up or die or melt or something :dunno:

hope that helps.

btw, getting hRM's via accepting gifted "elite" cuts has seriously turned me OFF of taking plants from ANYONE, altho i still do it, i love the variety.... and im in an area that has lots of widely available strains, so i take advantage of that, BUT, keep up with my IPM regime of spraying controls for EVERYTHING that i can....

vStagger Leev

Cannaseur
Veteran
FUCK MY LIFE! For the 1st time in a long time, i'm got bugs... not just bugs, but HRM! I haven't taken a clone in from anyone in almost 6 months. This is fucked, the Spinosad/ Pyganic only slows them down. I'm afraid I may have to do something drastic to totally knock them out. SL

Ras Mason

Veteran
yes you will have to be drastic. make sure it is only on mothers or babies.
avid and hexagon will do it. NEVER IN VE OR FLOWER is what i say.
Judo will exterminate but is more toxic i think.

The thing with these fuckers is the poison they inject in the plant. Prevents it from ever attaining it s full genetic potential and will always seem more hairy' bland and with pink to peach pistils even when no adults have been found! this shit is vicious and IS transmitted by seeds.... those spanish seed factories outdoors are plagued by it...many well known breeders contract their shit over there...

Anyways, always snap macro pics of top of the leaf where and petiole junction to then blow up on tv screen. (if you don t have a microscope)

Spraying aspirin is a good help to counter effects of the poison.

does any of this make sense? i am extremely high and a little drunk...
good night

Ras Mason

Veteran
oh, ya, these eggs are tenacious and really' i mean REALLY, fly easy in the air and even on the legs of other insects as adults.....
i wish i never looked through that electron microscope....
tin foil on. good night. part deux.

Just wanted to pop in my deal.

I have a few outside plants.

I have HRM checked out by microscope.
Some leaf curl now and then. Nothing major.

1. Sprayed all year with Nukem, Azamax, Neem, all organic. Did nothing.
2. 6 days ago sprayed Forbid
3. 2 days ago sprayed AVID.

ANy more advice? I see eggs and plan on using Azamax tomorrow night.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
good work on getting to this before they really go into flower.
these are good for tersomid mites in general.
im not recomending all these but these are things you cuold use in an ipm.

kontos 1 mil per gallon root drench takes 2 weeks to start working.

pylon. another systemic. foliar spray 1 mil per gallon.

there is another source of the same formulation of the same chem called phantom thats liscensed differently and is much cheaper than pylon.

it is good to choose three thingfs and rotate for good coverage and so as not to create resistant mites. whatever you choose do 4 treatments 3 days apart. start with kontos on the same day as any foliar its fine and takes 2 weeks to start working. it would have been a good starting point. still is.

xxxstr8edgexxx

Veteran
example
day 1
kontos drench forbid foliar.

day 4

avid foliar

day 7

pylon foliar.

day 10
forbid foliar again.

i like the avid to be the second one so it is the soonest position in the rotation to be furthest from harvest \. the first one gets rotated back in so use that as the position for your quickest half life drug. second position for the longest because it will be the furthest from harvest by 9 days.

if you dont want to do these chems. heat treatments are your best bet besides chucking.

remember to be giving asprin in every feed at 350 mils per gallon. ask retrogrow about it if you arent sure how it works but it will help the p[lant manage the damage from the mites.

good luck and get on it now not tomorrow if possible. go!