What's new

Orgain organic protein plant based protein powder.

W

WeetisPotPie

Been buying this stuff at Costco, about 30.00 for almost 3lbs. The reason I'm posting here is it is made with the following proteins, Sprouted brown rice, Chia, and HEMP. All organic. I mix it with almond milk. Gives a great boost of energy and I've lost a bit of weight on it. And it doesn't taste too bad. Oh and before I get flamed I'm not a rep! I'm an old stay at home dad, trying to get back in shape.

Swamp Thang

Veteran
That recipe sounds nutritious even if it doesn't turn out very tasty. In your reference to "hemp" in your recipe above, are you referring to marijuana's non-psychoactive cousin that was used to make rope in the days of yore ?

If your answer is in the affirmative, then inquiring minds might want to know why you don't go ahead and prepare that dish using regular marijuana with a little TCH in it, instead of using "hemp" ?

OzzBozz

is it called Orgrain or something like that? They make it in a chocolate flavor? i have bought the stuff before and enjoyed it!

Last edited:

Donn

In your reference to "hemp" in your recipe above, are you referring to marijuana's non-psychoactive cousin that was used to make rope in the days of yore ?

Sort of - I guess they use more or less the same fiber hemp, but harvest the seeds to make "hemp hearts", which have a lot of food value - fat, protein, etc. He says he's buying it at Costco, and even in Costco's home state of Washington that means no THC.

One reference I found online says that's where most of the Canadian hemp crop goes, because fiber system hasn't been fully worked out yet, but that production of seeds is limited by the need to use fiber strains - they could get much better seed production out of "indica" strains, if they could legally use them. On the other hand, very low cannabinoids is better for seeds, for people who have to pass drug tests. So I guess you were probably joking about switching to a THC version, but it could be seen as an issue.

My suggestion would be to go hemp instead of almond milk. I think this may take a heavy duty blender like Vitamix, but it's basically just 1:4 hemp to water, add salt & sweetener to taste but omit all the other additives that you see on the almond milk label. Get the hemp in 5 lb bulk via mail, I think that's the only economical option.