Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis Infirmary > Can anyone identify this problem?

Thread Title Search
Can anyone identify this problem? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2018, 07:28 PM #1
AKDRUM

AKDRUM is on a distinguished road
Question Can anyone identify this problem?

This problem should up on some young plants and has spread quickly thru the room. I cannot identify it so I am treating it as a fungus. I cannot see any bugs on the plants. I would be grateful for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180910_090116.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	104.2 KB
ID:	468850
AKDRUM is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 07:41 PM #2
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Reminds me of magnesium deficiency the way the veins are green but it's yellowing in between and it looks like it started in the middle, not the top or bottom. I'ma vote magnesium, hit it up with some epsom salt if you have any.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-10-2018, 08:43 PM #3
Klompen

Klompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of light
On the plus side of that, its basically impossible to overdo magnesium on a plant(short of dumping an entire bag of epsom salt on it)
Klompen is online now Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 09:04 PM #4
Douglas.Curtis

Douglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant futureDouglas.Curtis has a brilliant future
What's the pH of your soil, and what is the pH of whatever you're watering it with??

I strongly recommend foliar feedings of epsom, since it's too easy to mess up your soil with excess mag. Your cannabis flowers should not spark and crackle when burned, even if you clip some at the peak of flower.
Douglas.Curtis is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 09:24 PM #5
AKDRUM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douglas.Curtis View Post
What's the pH of your soil, and what is the pH of whatever you're watering it with??

I strongly recommend foliar feedings of epsom, since it's too easy to mess up your soil with excess mag. Your cannabis flowers should not spark and crackle when burned, even if you clip some at the peak of flower.
PH is around 6.5 for water and soil. I have suspected magnesium and treated for such. Good quality soil and nutes. It is spreading fast thru the room and does not discriminate between the 4 stains in the room. From a few plants four days ago to about a third of the plants today. It started with small plants, about 6 inches tall and spread from there at a alarming rate. I believe it came in on the seeds for the 6" plants but just guessing.
AKDRUM is offline Quote

Old 09-10-2018, 11:09 PM #6
Klompen

Klompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of lightKlompen is a glorious beacon of light
When you last watered have you tried flushing? How much food do you have in that soil?
Klompen is online now Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 01:06 AM #7
Lost in a SOG

Lost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud ofLost in a SOG has much to be proud of
I never would have though magnesium you shouldn't run out of magnesium in decent soil until maybe well in to flower and that's only if your pH is slipping or you have no dolomite or organic matter in the soil..

I'd suspect it might be pH related probably.. and/or having had amended the soil with too much or too little of something..

Can you tell us some more details about your soil and environment?

It's not a fungus.
Lost in a SOG is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-11-2018, 01:30 AM #8
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
I'm of the opinion that 90% of all problems in the infirmary are pH related. That's just like, my opinion though man. Magnesium shouldn't be locked out unless he's below 5.8 pH in soil, and he says he's inputting 6.5 but maybe test the run off too AKDRUM. Good luck bro.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 02:59 AM #9
AKDRUM

Soil is Kiss Organics. I amend with a bit of gypsum, peat, sand and pumice. Once plants are large enough I amend with kelp, neem meal and malted barley.I use some Iguana Juice every week. Room runs about 75 deg. and humidity runs 40 to 60% but try for 45%. Light cycle 18-6. PH seems right 6.5 and does not fluctuate much over time. Plants 2 months old about and 26" tall.Looked great until about a week ago.

Yes not a mold but perhaps a fungus. Started treating with Green Cure and Exile to see if that works. Seems to be helping so far, will know in the next few days. Also foilered a couple of plants with a mag. solution to see what effect that might give. My first thought also was a mag. issue and gave a soil drench but did not help. Perhaps it was not strong enough, being careful with Ferts.
AKDRUM is offline Quote

Old 09-11-2018, 03:29 AM #10
Mlewis1987

Mlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really niceMlewis1987 is just really nice
Not sure if your running a dehumidifier but my plants that are right next to mine literally look identical to your photo. Could just be a coincidence and probably is but I just figured I’d mention it. It’s only one or two plants right next to the unit itself that get direct air blown on them from the dehumidifier
Mlewis1987 is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.