Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Cannabis/Hash Smoke Reports > Jean Guy - House of the Great Gardener

Thread Title Search
Jean Guy - House of the Great Gardener Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-24-2018, 05:33 PM #1
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Jean Guy - House of the Great Gardener

Grow is finished so thought I'd do a smoke report.

JEAN GUY

A favorite in Compassion Clubs across Canada

A Quebec-born legend made famous by the Montreal Compassion Club, the Jean Guy is a Sativa dominant cross, a pungent euphoriant with a citrus/skunk smell indicative of its strong buzz. It grows quickly producing thick lateral branches and heavy colas. Jean Guy was featured in the first ever marijuana ad in the New York Times.
Variety - Sativa/Indica (60%-40%)
Seed - Feminized
Analysis - THC 25.00%, CBD 1.40%, CBN 0.08%
Flowering time 9-10 weeks

Day 42

- Indoor Flower period: = 9-10 weeks
- Plant Size/Structure: = Medium, controllable in tent
- Ease of Growing: (1=hard 10=easy) = 9
- Ease of Cloning: (1=hard 10=easy) = 9
- Nutrient Uptake: (1=low feeder 10=heavy feeder) = 5 - don't overfeed
- Odor/Smell Level: (1=low 10=stink) = 10
- Yield: (1=low 10=high) = 7

Grow Method

Hydroponic homemade
- Lighting: Veg = 2 x 80W 6500k CFLs; Flower = 600 watt Phillips Master SON-T HPS
- Medium: Grodan Grow wool
- Base Nutrients: Nefarious 2 part grow and flower (Australian company)
- Additives/Suppliments: None

- Eye Appeal: (1=ugly 10=bomb) = 7
- Bud Density: (1=airy 10=rock hard/thick) = 7
- Trichome Coverage: (0=none 10=extreme) = 8
- Dried Bud Scent/Smell = Citrus, pine, skunk - After 4 months cure I detect freshly cut ripe mango as well.
- Smoke Flavor/Taste = Lemon, orange, lime and pine. Earthy hazelnut diesel on exhale.
- High Description: Powerful, Calm, focused, manages to uplift and relax me. My go to daytime smoke.
- Flavor Scale: (1=bland 10=flavor country!) = 10 (I don't think I can not have this taste in my life)
- Smoothness: (1=harsh 10=smooth) = 8
- Onset Effect: (1=immediate 10=creeper) = 3
- Duration: (1=short 10=long) = 9
- Motivation Factor: (1=lazy downer 10=motivational upper) = 6
- Indica/Sativa ratio guess? = 40/60
- Potency: (1=low 10=high) = 8
- Tolerance Buildup: (1=slow 10=fast) = 2
- Overall Satisfaction: (1=sucks 10=best/top) = 9

Final Comments: Very strong odour towards end of flower so not recommended if that worries you. The resin is very oily and terpy so I don't think it would be as easy to dry sift as some other strains. Don't dismiss because of plain Jane name. Do yourself a favour and give it a try.

Last edited by insomniac_AU; 09-05-2018 at 01:16 AM..
insomniac_AU is offline Quote

6 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-30-2018, 10:58 PM #2
JJDubz
Just Jammin

JJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really niceJJDubz is just really nice
JG is a lovely smoke.

I used to get it at Toronto Compassion Club (as mentioned). Sadly I cannot find it anymore, but it was a great daytime med.

Looks great!!!
Friday June 7th 2007 - 2:35PM
"ethereal: I just gave myself the best blowjob EVER"
JJDubz is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:19 AM #3
Somatek

Somatek will become famous soon enoughSomatek will become famous soon enough
Awesome, thanks for sharing as I've got a pack of those waiting but haven't gotten around to them yet. I couldn't find many grow reports on their gear so it's good to hear it's solid, did you grow the whole pack or just a couple of seeds?
Somatek is offline Quote

Old 09-04-2018, 07:27 AM #4
insomniac_AU

insomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud ofinsomniac_AU has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Somatek View Post
Awesome, thanks for sharing as I've got a pack of those waiting but haven't gotten around to them yet. I couldn't find many grow reports on their gear so it's good to hear it's solid, did you grow the whole pack or just a couple of seeds?
Good to hear you won't be disappointed. Just make sure you don't pull them early if you want the full depth of flavour. 65-70 days is the sweet spot IMO.
I've had this bag of seeds for quite a few years. I usually only grow one seed at a time and clone from that because I want to keep the other seeds as backups. I've moved 3 times since I've had them so this is the 3rd pheno I've grown and they've all been pretty similar and good.

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:17 PM #5
Somatek

That's what I've found with their René S1's, I've got 6 in flower now and there isn't too much variation between them. They're all fairly similar and 5 have a predominantly fruity smell with diesel/acrid undertones and one is the opposite, acrid/fuel with a fruity/sweet undertone.

I usually prefer a later harvest to an early one, thanks for the suggestion as your bud looks gorgeous and sounds very close to the original Jean Guy
Somatek is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 12:40 AM #6
insomniac_AU

Is this the first time you've grown it? I was wondering what the smoke was like. I've never grown Rene. I tend to like Matt's stuff. I've grown his Barb before which was tasty but too hard to manage in my tent.

Old 09-05-2018, 02:16 AM #7
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac_AU View Post
I've grown his Barb before which was tasty but too hard to manage in my tent.
Why is that? Did it get too big? Got any pics? How was the aroma from Barbara Bud?

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-05-2018, 02:34 AM #8
insomniac_AU

Yeah she got a bit out of control and stretchy at the end for my liking. I had to pull the other plants because it filled the tent. Something wasn't right because this is supposed to be Shiskaberry (redline I believe) x Afghani and it looked way more sativa than I was expecting.
Sorry I can't 100% remember the aroma it was 3 years ago. I think it was sweet and fruity.

My apologies I only had a few crap photos.

Old 09-05-2018, 03:05 AM #9
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
^^^^

Working on Something Sneaky

Legalization may kill black markets. Government tyranny creates them.
troutman is offline Quote

Old 09-05-2018, 04:14 AM #10
Somatek

Quote:
Originally Posted by insomniac_AU View Post
Is this the first time you've grown it? I was wondering what the smoke was like. I've never grown Rene. I tend to like Matt's stuff. I've grown his Barb before which was tasty but too hard to manage in my tent.
Yep, first time running any of his gear and so far it's looking good. I haven't tried the original Rene so I have no frame of reference but it's smelling delicious so far. I'll be throwing his Sunshine (sweet skunk S1's) into flower this week, also have a pack of his Barbara Bud to crack when the rooms cleared out a bit.
Somatek is offline Quote