Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Marijuana Strains and Breeding > Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion

Thread Title Search
Click for Cannapot - buy cannabis seeds
Dankwolfs rks breeding project and breeding info discussion Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-12-2018, 12:15 AM #991
Elmer Bud
Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore

Elmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant futureElmer Bud has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by JetLife175 View Post
STS is the way to go. There’s a plethora of information on it here on IC.
G `day Jet

Bomp Boaw !

STS will reverse females .
Ethylene will reverse males .

Thanks for sharin

EB .

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:47 AM #992
Dankwolf

Dankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDX Dopesmoker View Post
If I had gone to all the trouble to reverse males until I found one that was RKS when in female form and then it was time to breed that male I wouldn't be shy about violating the tenets of the breeding ethics religion by putting a female version of that male in the room when the pollen was being spread. If you did end up with an RKS seed line from the selfed male and the seeds lacked vigor you might be able to produce a vigorous RKS line by making hybrids to get your vigor back. That might even be easier than crossing the male to something else and then getting to a reliable RKS seed somewhere down that line.
Of course thats only in the scenario where you get to grow enough plants that you could start a race pitting multiple strategies against each other, in reality we're all limited on the number of individual plants we get to grow and you'd need big bucks and a license to grow dozens of plants to find the right phenotypes and even with all that investment it would be a big hassle with no guaranteed positive result.
I would also be very interested to hear what Sam and/or any of the other respected heads have to say about breeding strategies involving gender reversed plants.
I only plant to breed maybe 2 strians to there fullest in my life time. I feel no need to rush . I want something truly original as possible . hence my path

Worst case I don't finish the project but had a fun time .

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.
Dankwolf is online now Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-12-2018, 04:41 PM #993
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankwolf View Post
I only plant to breed maybe 2 strians to there fullest in my life time. I feel no need to rush . I want something truly original as possible . hence my path

In my book, that's all that matters. As long as you have fun and enjoy what you are doing.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

Old 09-13-2018, 04:12 AM #994
Dankwolf

Dankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud ofDankwolf has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTripleOG View Post
In my book, that's all that matters. As long as you have fun and enjoy what you are doing.
Thank you . .so are you going to be running the blue star cross?

Old 09-13-2018, 10:59 PM #995
DoubleTripleOG
Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire

DoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivorDoubleTripleOG is a survivor
Quote:
Thank you . .so are you going to be running the blue star cross?
It cam to me as a clone. So yes for sure. I'm gonna clone it within the next couple days. Then transplant and flip it. If you were referring to the Deathstar x Ancestral Skunk, I have 6 seedlings going now. They will also be up-potted within the next week. Reloading half of my flower section always results in a series of up-pot's and either making clones or starting seeds. Sadly this round clones need to be done.

Photosynthetically active radiation, often abbreviated PAR, designates the spectral range (wave band) of solar radiation from 400 to 700 nanometers that photosynthetic organisms are able to use in the process of photosynthesis.

I am chemically man-made like the Incredible Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangrownkush View Post
He is mad we all have the cut, supposed to be top secret nuclear bomb recipe cut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsy Nirvana View Post
you can't get blood out of a stone.
DoubleTripleOG is offline Quote

Old 09-14-2018, 07:30 PM #996
Dawgfunk

Dawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the roughDawgfunk is a jewel in the rough
IMG]https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=78103&pict ureid=1883485[/IMG]
If this one shows up, this is the fluffy pheno of a seed I popped from gas, one x rks swami seeds. Real nice and petrol skunk pepper and pine. Pulled early but very giddy and happy. Definitely joint weed, love blending it with heavier herb. Grinded up some dogwalker og with it and I actually looked outside to make sure there wasn’t a skunk at the door! The stank. I feel like of the beans i’ve popped from him, the yogi has more of that consistent roadkill smell to it early on anyway. Who knows how that’ll translate to the nugs but they’re getting stinkier as the days go on so time will tell...
The chunky pheno of the couple one rks i ended up popping is more bready and fruity, got the skunk from afar for sure. Definitely some ancestral skunk candidates. Stoked I did em in a dep this year because these rains and fog up here near the willamette really has had me sweatin a bit recently. Great thread, dankwolf. I’m always stoked to see what’s new on here. Your bud shots are sexy. Always good info. Got a couple blackberry x cherry pie male clones I may try and reverse after reading sam’s post. Hope alls well with everyone!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	D4E69CD9-D5C4-4CFF-B9A6-E2FA60105B15.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	469417 Click image for larger version

Name:	589497B0-F791-48A7-A216-C4AB19EA0087.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	469418
Dawgfunk is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2018, 03:13 AM #997
Dankwolf

Next run will be possible due to miraculous meds.

This seed run will be to look for rks profiles/terps to add to the project and show case the genetics stated below.I will be starting a thread just for tgis run soon . I will post up a link soon as I have the time .

A big thank you to mm for the genetics to benefit all.....

Seed strain #1. death star x( blue star f1 = ( death star x whitaker blues) .

Seed strain #2. ogkb 2.0 x Ancestrial skunk

Seed strian 3# . blue star x Ancestrial skunk

Big thanks to all that are helping with this life defining Project.

My Ancestrial crosses are on hold till I can finish sifting out the seed .

I will put a link to the mm thread soon .please,correct me,if I miss qouted genetic background

Yes i know i cant spell for shit and my punctuation is just as bad . the plants dont seem to care nor should you.

Old 09-15-2018, 04:30 AM #998
troutman
Seed Whore

troutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond reputetroutman has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:

If everybody bred one Cannabis strain or food plant from scratch the World would be better off.

Working on Something Sneaky

27 Days Left
troutman is online now Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 05:33 AM #999
Happy Times

Happy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the roughHappy Times is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
This seed run will be to look for rks profiles/terps to add to the project and show case the genetics stated below.I will be starting a thread just for tgis run soon . I will post up a link soon as I have the time .

A big thank you to mm for the genetics to benefit all.....

Seed strain #1. death star x( blue star f1 = ( death star x whitaker blues) .

Seed strain #2. ogkb 2.0 x Ancestrial skunk

Seed strian 3# . blue star x Ancestrial skunk

Big thanks to all that are helping with this life defining Project.

My Ancestrial crosses are on hold till I can finish sifting out the seed .

I will put a link to the mm thread soon .please,correct me,if I miss qouted genetic background
Some interesting crosses there!
Happy Times is online now Quote

Old 09-16-2018, 08:22 AM #1000
Sam_Skunkman
"RESIN BREEDER"

Sam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond reputeSam_Skunkman has a reputation beyond repute
I was not suggesting to use the male reversed for breeding as a female.
I am suggesting that a male transformed to female can be analyzed to determine the Cannabinoids and terpenes they have to pass on to progeny, test them with GC or HPLC and you have a good idea what they can pass on, I do that and I use an organoleptic test, I can smoke it because ethephon is not a danger. The method works, and you can screen thousands of males if you wanted to, if you had to make and test progeny of each different male it would take years to even make the crosses much less test them all, this is a fast and easy way to be assured the male is what you are looking for before you use it for pollinations. Then you can focus on finding the best combination with progeny trials.
-SamS

Anyone suggesting to use STS are mixed up, STS transforms females to male, not males to females, and STS can not be smoked.

Last edited by Sam_Skunkman; 09-16-2018 at 10:05 AM..
Sam_Skunkman is offline Quote

11 members found this post helpful.