Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Growroom Designs & Equipment > Growroom Lighting > MASTERColour CDM-TMW Elite 315W/930 3000K - Any users?

Thread Title Search
Click for quality CMH grow lights at Ceramic Solutions!
MASTERColour CDM-TMW Elite 315W/930 3000K - Any users? Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-09-2018, 12:56 PM #1
Home-Grown

Home-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enough
MASTERColour CDM-TMW Elite 315W/930 3000K - Any users?

I have been offered a MASTERColour CDM-TMW Elite 315W/930 3000K tube. Wanted 4200K.

Anybody used this 3000K for veg, trans or flower?
Home-Grown is offline Quote

Old 08-09-2018, 01:34 PM #2
Home-Grown

Home-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enoughHome-Grown will become famous soon enough
I do not use the 4200K CDM for flowering.
They do stretch saliva when used for transition period, and holding judgement on any increase of usable yield when used with Indica.

Think I will stick to 4200K CDM, short of any planed use for 3000K.
Still keen to here of your experience

Old 08-09-2018, 01:56 PM #3
Home-Grown

I have not considered Scrog growers when asking about Lamp use.
I allow plants to grow full height, which could cause a bit of confusion.
Chalk and Cheese

Old 08-09-2018, 02:26 PM #4
Home-Grown

Googled

https://www.*****.com/boards/index.ph...omment-4940654

Old 09-15-2018, 02:16 AM #5
Dokomo

Dokomo is on a distinguished road
after two runs with a dimlux 630 cmh and amnesia haze,

first with 3k 3090 kelvin seems to have a double blue
second with 3k agro 3090 kelvin with a double red part
i can say the agros stretch a little bit more
the use of this bulb colours while vegitation is no problem, no need to buy two bulb colour sets.

visit my report
Dokomo is offline Quote

Old 12-06-2018, 03:33 AM #6
White Beard

White Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud ofWhite Beard has much to be proud of
There’s a bout a zillion folks on here using the Philips 930 3100k bulb. Many report that they are fine with using the one bulb for both phases, have seen few complaints if any.

Check Rives’ thread on CMH - there’s a link in my sig. It’s a real education, and just what you’re asking for.
White Beard is offline Quote

Old 12-06-2018, 05:26 AM #7
Mengsk

Mengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to all
Around the time Home-Grown posted this there were some T9 bulbs available on Amazon for under $40 or around half price. Mention of too many specifics does not always feel the best especially when vendors are present on this forum and technology keeps changing. If CMH bulbs were created in recent years I would rather purchase remaining stock of the oldest inventory for a reduced price compared to newer produced bulbs. In other words I want the old generic version of the CMH bulb instead of the expensive horilux brand or the latest and greatest spectrum from this month or this year. No need for anyone to feel particularly offended ripped off or left out, the newest release from this month will always claim to have the best technology and will carry a marked up price tag. The 1-2 year old models of phones cars electronics etc can often be found for a discount. It always stings to pay $500 for a new fixture and find out in a couple years the price has gone down by half or more. Yet how often has this happened to all of us. In 2018 many fixtures used in larger operations are integrated. For my personal use remote ballasts and/or separate vented hoods are suitable. LEC 315w ballasts are available in both low frequency dimmable digital form with remote and network capability and analog magnetic coil form. I'm not sure of the comparison lifespan efficiency etc of digital or magnetic in this case. My 2c is this can also be applied to the different wattage bulbs. If the 315w works or if it was designed for growing, before the others, maybe that unit of power is good to use. Instead of thinking it is better to go 630w, 500w or 1000w CMH, perhaps I can accept 315w as a standard unit of light for my grow. One bulb every 3 feet instead of one double end 1000w every 5 feet. Or whatever the case may be. The spectrum can go from a 1 watt LED light or a 13 watt LED bulb all the way up to a 5,000 watt arc lamp. Instead of 1000w I may try 315w - there is some cost analysis with comparing 3 bulbs vs 1, and comparing the power consumption cost of either. Concisely I am not sure whether the flower yield from 3 evenly spaced 315w is the same as 1 945 or 1000w. I think I mentioned this in a previous post but my goal in an ideal scenario (which may not be realistic or perhaps not the best) is to have plants surrounding the lights nearly creating a dark room. Plants surrounding the lights instead of lights surrounding the plants. If I place a 1000w HPS right over the top of a single plant I know that the plant will perform well and make big buds. But what if I surround the bulb with as many plants as possible. The single bud might not be as big or as nice but how does the overall thc amount or bud weight over time for the whole grow compare? Is it better to use all of your light and have some leafy less potent product or to supply an overabundance of light skipping the "larf" altogether?

Last edited by Mengsk; 12-06-2018 at 08:13 AM..
Mengsk is offline Quote

Old 12-06-2018, 08:25 AM #8
Home-Grown

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Beard View Post
There’s a bout a zillion folks on here using the Philips 930 3100k bulb. Many report that they are fine with using the one bulb for both phases, have seen few complaints if any.

Check Rives’ thread on CMH - there’s a link in my sig. It’s a real education, and just what you’re asking for.

I did not find the forums educational, or affordable in internet to trawl so I asked here..

The discussions are full of people making claims and not stating the product number or conditions.
I have used the MASTERColour CDM-TMW Elite 315W/942 1CT for Growth. We all know this works ok.

About Flower-12/12

During 14day 12/12 transition I have used Phillips 400W CHM Retro: Promotes strong flower formation at the cost of some stretch.

Going by my experience, the Elite 315W/942 could easily cover the 14day transition, replacing the Retro HPS fitting.
So we need to use the hps or chm fitting for a two bulb finish.

Start-12/12

ATM I use the Phillips 400W CHM Retro for 14days followed by either:
Philips Master Son-T pia plus HPS
Son-T PIA Green Power HPS or;
Hortilux Super HPS Enhanced.

I find these 3 HPS bulbs are similar in performance, the Philips Master Son-T pia plus HPS works as good as any.

Temps are a bit different, so the distance varies for the same result.

As eluded to, I have no problem using CHM for 14day transition/stretch.
I have some reservations changing the fitting and Ballast over for CHM? How well the CHM 3000K will perform compared to HPS?

I was considering trying the Hortivision 315W 3K-R CMH (2800K) for finishing? But the lack of manufacturer support and testing has put me off for now.

Last edited by Home-Grown; 12-06-2018 at 11:04 AM..

Old 12-06-2018, 10:05 AM #9
Mengsk

Mengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to allMengsk is a name known to all
One thing I realize about the UV warning is these lamps are bright. Many of us understand not to look directly at a light bulb or the sun, common sense. Look both ways before you cross the street, similar. However these CMH lamps are very bright from a small round gas filled tube different from the long cylinder of a sodium lamp. The brightness intensity is greater than an incandescent fluorescent LED or high pressure sodium bulb. Instead more comparable to an arc welder or bright sunlight. Caution to any users do not look at the bulb and wear sunglasses maybe even long sleeves in the grow area. Fortunately I do not feel I have eye damage from welding arcs, light bulbs or the sun and furthermore the eye may regenerate cells and heal. With that said caution is advised, I can see why the UV warnings exist along with the reflector designs.
Mengsk is offline Quote

Old 12-06-2018, 11:14 AM #10
Home-Grown

CHM 4200K

CHM 3000K

CHM 2800K

So, I think Philips agro 3000K is the better option over Hortivision.
The Philips Spectrum is higher across 600-680 compared to Hortivision and Chinese version.

3K-R CMH is limmited to only a few 315W Lamps found.
Philips seem to be getting the most attention in 315W single lamps.

`

Last edited by Home-Grown; 12-06-2018 at 11:35 AM..