You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Marijuana Growing > Indoor Grows - Soil > Fiddynut's indoor jungle

Thread Title Search
Click for great deals at MB Ferts
Fiddynut's indoor jungle Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-14-2018, 05:21 AM #2471
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post

thats a good idea to really clean the room out rode'
mites are hearty critters and it only takes one female to ruin your whole grow
good idea hitting the trays and fans too, you never know where the eggsd have gotten to and its better to be extra safe
what plant strain ended up with the floppy stems? how was the yield and quality overall
was it close to what you expected and just the bud structure wanst what you were hoping for?

hope everyone is wrapping up their week nicely and ready to enjoy the weekend!
It was the long bottom and goji I haven't had a stellar goji run yet but the LBL first run had two oz per 18 inch plant I only got about three quarters this time just weak all around. Focused on other things and let it get too far gone.

Look at these Oaxacans I have droopy leaf and burnt tips for for the two pheno's, The little tips on the sides are burnt too. Combined with some yellowing of the lower leaves. I added some kool bloom and a little sulfate of potash to the tea this week thinking its a K problem. I have a LBLx pheno that does that too in my mix I pumped up micro's on that one and it helped but didn't cure the symptom. I'm added biomin calcium starting this week as a foliar and in the tea. Plan to start spraying the outdoor bangi with the same when we dry out a little more. I'm afraid to spray anything now that could mess with my moldfree status out there till its good and dry. Usually its dry in Sept here.

I'm really stumbling around on these more sativa plants. The ones I broke didn't recover so I topped the main cola's on two of them. Got to start training earlier on them for sure
Any ideas would be most welcome as I kinda suck on indoor right now.

Here's the pix of droopy tippy and a bud also a shot of the gold seedlings three are about 12 inches and one barely 6.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2527 - Copy.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	469331 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2530 - Copy.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	469332 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2532 - Copy.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	469333 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2528 - Copy.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	117.8 KB
ID:	469334 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2529 - Copy.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	53.4 KB
ID:	469335

Rodehazrd is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:41 PM #2472
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Happy Friday friends.

I hope everyone had a good week and has a nice weekend lined up!

@Rodehazrd. I'm glad to hear that you are drying out down there, we have been rain free for about a week up here but it rained so much the prior couple weeks that the ground is just drying up here too. The weather to finish out August was not very nice but the last few days it's been about perfict, mid to upper 79's and sunny.
That's great news that you are getting the borg under controls and I hope you win the war and eradicate them completely. Keeping after them is key from what I'm reading. It seems like many a time someone thinks thay have them beat and stops spraying and checking for them and next thing you know they are back.
As far as the issues with your oaxacan's the pics look to me like a minor case of the claw. If I remember correctly the sativas are extra sensitive to nitrogen, and claw is often too much nitrogen I think. I could be wrong about that though, I often am. I've never had very much luck correcting for deficiency or overdose on my plants and it seems like when I try to correct I often make it worse. I hope you get them happy again, let us know how they progress. The seedlings look good.

@pop_rocks. A lazy Sunday on the couch watching football sounds perfict brother! That's cool the the Mrs likes football too and it gives you guys something to do together. I got my first mountain bike ride in a few weeks in this morning and I want to ride Sunday morning as well but the rest of the day on Sunday will be spent watching the packers and relaxing. I'm not sure what kind of food to make on Sunday either. I just got an "air fryer" from my wife and I want to experiment with it a bit this weekend. It's like a convection oven that is really efficient at cooking things. I did a couple of baked potatoes in it the day I got it as a test and they came out perfict, crispy skins on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside in about 1/2 hour. It's big enough thet I should be able to do a whole chicken in it and some small roasts too. Looking forward to seeing how it does on fries and the more traditional fried apps too. That buffalo chicken dip sounds great, post up the recipe if you get a chance. Usually I have a lot of other food ideas but today I'm they arnt coming to me. Bacon wrapped little smokies sausages are always good and easy, or wrapped water chestnuts or pineapple pieces too. I will try to think of some more ideas and post up later.
There arnt any plans to sell the cabin but you never know. If my bro and I had to make a decision it would be hard to justify keeping it since we are both so busy during the summer. I hope that by the time a choice has to be made we are able to get more time off so that we can try to keep it around.
My friend says the plants are looking good, I will go this weekend and see for myself. I'll post up some pics when I get a chance.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 09-15-2018, 02:42 PM #2473
Rodehazrd

Rodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really niceRodehazrd is just really nice
Thanks Fiddy
I agree too much N for the droopy girls. I have two of that pheno and two of the ones with the ripsaw effect. The other three seem quite happy if just a little too green for a mexisat. I will set the droopers up on a big net pot in a bucket and begin flushing soon. I saw a leaf in the growers lounge posted by Jidoka with that ripsaw look and he called it not enough K. I put a spoonful of sulfate of potash in the tea for my last feeding to see if that brings that one out of it but I don't really expect those burnt tips to change.

I won't be in this recycled mix again indoors so I plan to just give the worm tea and leanardite and let them fade for the rest of this run and try to do better on fresh media next run. At least I know they all want lower N.

Since the hot time seems to be gone I pulled the glass sheet from the HPS light to let the UV through a little better I read the sats like that and spider mites hate it. It makes a big difference in the light level could be more light clears up the claw some too. Still no bugs in the flower room but I did find a few on the bangi clones so I cleaned the veg room again and sprayed well with neem. I think the borg really love bangi. Might be a good idea to keep a bangi around indoors as a bell cow.
I need to expand that area with so many new strains and keeping copies of each plant till cured its crowded. So far for keepers I have two pheno's of Longbottom leaf x skunk, and one goji. Four plants of bangi all look similar but one has a fruity smell compared to the old boot smell of the other three. Thiabliss spoke highly of the ones with what he called floral smells but last time I ran it the flavor and potency didn't come through till several weeks in the jar so got to keep all. And 7 copies of oaxacan females and 4 gold ones sex unknown.
I'm seeing LED 1k lights at $130 not much more than a 1k lamp. I would love to use less of the clamp lights I mess with now so I think I may order one this week for veg.

Hope you're getting in some trails in this nice weather.
Peace

Old 09-15-2018, 05:45 PM #2474
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
It was the long bottom and goji I haven't had a stellar goji run yet but the LBL first run had two oz per 18 inch plant I only got about three quarters this time just weak all around. Focused on other things and let it get too far gone.

Look at these Oaxacans I have droopy leaf and burnt tips for for the two pheno's, The little tips on the sides are burnt too. Combined with some yellowing of the lower leaves. I added some kool bloom and a little sulfate of potash to the tea this week thinking its a K problem. I have a LBLx pheno that does that too in my mix I pumped up micro's on that one and it helped but didn't cure the symptom. I'm added biomin calcium starting this week as a foliar and in the tea. Plan to start spraying the outdoor bangi with the same when we dry out a little more. I'm afraid to spray anything now that could mess with my moldfree status out there till its good and dry. Usually its dry in Sept here.

I'm really stumbling around on these more sativa plants. The ones I broke didn't recover so I topped the main cola's on two of them. Got to start training earlier on them for sure
Any ideas would be most welcome as I kinda suck on indoor right now.

Here's the pix of droopy tippy and a bud also a shot of the gold seedlings three are about 12 inches and one barely 6.
What's up Rhodehazard, sorry you are having issues. I know that sativa can be finicky, most like a light feed. I would eliminate as many factors as possible. The coolbloom can be tricky with sensitive strains , what are you using for a base nute?
packerfan79 is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-16-2018, 02:07 AM #2475
Rodehazrd

Quote:
Originally Posted by packerfan79 View Post
What's up Rhodehazard, sorry you are having issues. I know that sativa can be finicky, most like a light feed. I would eliminate as many factors as possible. The coolbloom can be tricky with sensitive strains , what are you using for a base nute?
Hey packerfan
I still use the fish hydrolysate pretty heavy but I have never burned anything with that. I put feather meal in this run at half cup to 5 gal of media and right before the switch several weeks ago I added a spoonful per gal of calcium nitrate. I think that pushed me over the top on n for the one pheno. I also started adding azos microbes for nitrogen boost along with my regular mammoth P and Orca myco liquid. Now I have a break from the borg i'll flush those some and just continue with leonardite and worm tea from here on out. I have a new batch of mix just getting ready with no extra N in it just my normal overload of lime,gypsum and SRP. I will try the Oaxacan clones and gold seedlings in that for a while and see where I get to.

Hey by the way I saw where dragboat jeffy was selling some starfighter crosses I remember you said you wished you had some of that back. Still looking at Montana? How's the nephews? Hope they're adjusting to more stable life.

Peace

Old 09-16-2018, 02:29 AM #2476
packerfan79

packerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond reputepackerfan79 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodehazrd View Post
Hey packerfan
I still use the fish hydrolysate pretty heavy but I have never burned anything with that. I put feather meal in this run at half cup to 5 gal of media and right before the switch several weeks ago I added a spoonful per gal of calcium nitrate. I think that pushed me over the top on n for the one pheno. I also started adding azos microbes for nitrogen boost along with my regular mammoth P and Orca myco liquid. Now I have a break from the borg i'll flush those some and just continue with leonardite and worm tea from here on out. I have a new batch of mix just getting ready with no extra N in it just my normal overload of lime,gypsum and SRP. I will try the Oaxacan clones and gold seedlings in that for a while and see where I get to.

Hey by the way I saw where dragboat jeffy was selling some starfighter crosses I remember you said you wished you had some of that back. Still looking at Montana? How's the nephews? Hope they're adjusting to more stable life.

Peace
Building a soil the way you do is probably to complicated for me. I definitely see why the big guys in nor cal get their soil tested. Mabey a special soil would be good for the finicky sativas. Something not so hot. I don't have any experience with the land race sativas. I would love to run some outside, if I ever get to an area where I can. I think the rosin from a good Oaxaca, or Acapulco would be borderline psychedelic.

Oh starfighter x lbl was my favorite of the lbl's I have run. Nephew's are adjusting. They are with my mother in law. It's really sad they are in school, the oldest came home in tears because hes 10 and he can't read.Their bitch mother got out of jail yesterday. Fucking 3 months, for taking the kids for over 2 years. Their is no justice!

We are looking toward Montana, The Dakota's, Wyoming, maybe Idaho. It's still a couple years away, so at some point we will be making some trips to checkout different areas. I got a buddy on here who is looking to get in to the Recreational weed game in ND, they got it on the ballot this year. That may be an option. Their may be a job opportunity their for the wife also. Its ultimately going to come down to where the wife and I can find employment.

To the rest of the jungle mates, hope you guys are having a great weekend. It's nice and cool here. I am kicking back relaxing this weekend

Old 09-17-2018, 01:36 AM #2477
AgentPothead
Just this guy, ya know?

AgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant futureAgentPothead has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop_rocks View Post
good to see you here, boosh! what have you been up to lately
stick around dude; this is a good group of guys with all kinds of knowledge, but also really chill
you would fit right in brother

/i would have just rep'd with comment, "stick around" but i haz no more rep for agentpothead
Hey pop_rocks I am here and there, I have so many threads to keep track of I normally just lurk and read everybody's rad posts. I check in on this thread at least once a week I got it followed, but you guys post a ton so it's mostly just me reading to get caught up I've got a new quantum board and a flower tent setup but now that that's done it's back to the waiting game and honing my cloning game, I feel pretty confident. Fingers crossed my outdoor plants get far enough along to harvest before the weather beats them down.
And honestly. My fuck ups turn to gold so much the thought of fuckin up don't even bother me. So I keep it auto when I'm stepping through a portal. I know that sounds strange but, strange beats normal.
Marijuana Botany: An Advanced Study The Propagation And Breeding Of Distinctive Cannabis By Robert Connell Clarke-->https://archive.org/details/Marijuan...nctiveCannabis
AgentPothead is offline Quote

Old 09-18-2018, 11:03 PM #2478
Fiddynut

Fiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really niceFiddynut is just really nice
Greetings friends.

I hope everyone had a great weekend and your week is off to a good start. I had a little of everything this weekend. I went to a jam band concert at a dive bar on Saturday night, they played a lot of phish, which is taking me some getting use to. I can see why a lot of heads don't like phish much and others can't get enough. Their music is great but their lyrics are so corny it can be hard to listen to when they start singing. I'm will try to get use to them and learn to enjoy them. Sunday was all about relaxing and watching football. Unfortunately the packers stunk it up at home and ended up in another tie. A tie at home might as well be a loss, especially to the queens. I had Monday off and was very productive around the house doing a lot of yard work and other chores inside too.

@Rodehazrd. It sounds like you are getting a good handle on your garden. Keep after those mites and you will win the war. That's cool you can run your light without the glass, more light for the same amount of electricity is always good. Do you have to raise it up with the lense out? That's a great idea to keep a bangi around as a canary in the coal mine so to speak. The little bastards must love the way it smells. Keep up the good work brother!

@Packerfan. I'm pretty intimidated by the thought of building a soil as well. It's something I'd love to do someday but I can barley keep up with all the garden chores using bag soil. Every time a reed about making soil mixes I get lost with the list of ingredients and I'd have to either cook it indoors or risk bringing in bugs with it if I made it outside. It sounds like your nephews need a little more time to adjust, kids are resilient so they should be fine if they start getting consistent parenting. They can always catch up in school.

@AgentPothead. For sure brother keeping up with the threads here is a big job. Glad you like what we have going in the jungle. As far as cloning goes I got a DWC cloner a while back and it makes cloning so easy I don't even have to think much about it. You can make or buy one there are DIY instructions around. I just use plain water in mine and no need for humidity dome or any hormones or anything.

@pop_rocks. How was your weekend brother? I hope you and the Mrs had a great Sunday on the couch watching the NFL. What snacks did you make? I just realized why I'm drawing a blank when thinking about good snacks and apps for football. With my new healthier eating habits I haven't been eating a lot of snacks or appetizers. A year ago I'd have been able to rattle off a bunch of them but after a few months of healthy eating I'm out of the loop. I will give some more thought and come up with a list of some of my faves before next week's games.
Fiddynut is offline Quote

Old 09-18-2018, 11:34 PM #2479
Badfishy1

Badfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud ofBadfishy1 has much to be proud of
Just checking on muh jungle bunnies! Hope everyone is doing well. Dolphins 2-0 to start season... looking for another undefeated season. Screen cap this post lads and remember you heard it here first! (Actually will prolly go 2-14 but we can all dream). Be good stay safe
Badfishy1 is offline Quote

3 members found this post helpful.
Old 09-19-2018, 12:47 AM #2480
packerfan79

I wasn't able to watch my packers stink it up. Game wasn't televised, fox had a freaking infomercial on instead. Wtf, a tie. I call them Queens to Fiddynuts. Minnesota is my dads team, gotta clown on them when I can.

POP rocks, the girls are looking great. Looks like you are going to have a bountiful harvest. Are you doing anything indoor? I bet the Tahoe will be great under the midnight sun.

Things are getting cooler , which I am enjoying. Me and the wife got a bunch of chores done this weekend. I flipped the headbanger, cobra lips and granola funks about a week ago. Still waiting on a few to show sex. I am not so skilled at identifying preflowers, so I just wait till the balls drop.

Trying to find the time to get my trip on. I am doing some research into cbd. A friend is starting a company selling cbd online. I would like to follow suit.

3 members found this post helpful.