What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Does anyone here use Happy Frog soil?

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
I've been using Happy Frog for the better part of a decade now. In my experience , the ph is usually on the lower side. And it will lower the ph of the water you use. Or I should say the run-off will test quite a bit lower ph than the input water.

Batch quality can vary. But I have never had a complete shit batch. They make a fruit and flower dry amenedment. Use a little of that mixed into fresh Happy Frog soil, and you can flower a plant, using water only the entire cycle.

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
I've been using Happy Frog for the better part of a decade now. In my experience , the ph is usually on the lower side. And it will lower the ph of the water you use. Or I should say the run-off will test quite a bit lower ph than the input water.

Batch quality can vary. But I have never had a complete shit batch. They make a fruit and flower dry amenedment. Use a little of that mixed into fresh Happy Frog soil, and you can flower a plant, using water only the entire cycle.

Thanks man, that answer was more along the lines of what I was looking for.

FunkBomb

Power Armor rules
Veteran
I was a big fan of Happy Frog until I started getting some bad quality bags of it. I don't know if their quality control was off but it wasn't nice and fluffy but more like fill dirt. I've been using Vermicrop Organics Vermisoil and Vermifire and haven't looked back. The consistency of the soil mix and lack of bugs makes a big difference.

-Funk

nickman

Veteran
I was a big fan of Happy Frog until I started getting some bad quality bags of it. I don't know if their quality control was off but it wasn't nice and fluffy but more like fill dirt. I've been using Vermicrop Organics Vermisoil and Vermifire and haven't looked back. The consistency of the soil mix and lack of bugs makes a big difference.

-Funk

Yeah, I seem to always get fungus nats from Fox Farms Happy Frog and Ocean Forest when its warm outside...

JustSumTomatoes

Indicas make dreams happen
Have yet to see fungus gnats in mine. I think I heard that the east and west coast products come from different suppliers. Not sure on this though. It may also have to due with how the bags are stored during transit.

Latest posts

Latest posts