What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

High Grade Only

Keep forgetting to post. Legal grow, questions welcome. Rockwool, raw salts,
picture.php
Hove rolling benches and gavitas
picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Nice tent grow! J/k of course!

Welcome to Icmag!

Very nice looking setup. Would love to see a journal.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Those are Gavita 1kw lights. All in one unit, so gavita reflectors to answer your question. And we start with an EC of 3.0 in flower.

EC 3.0??

Sounds extremely high..

I 2nd that!

Sound like you're mixing nutes at what the labels on the bottles say. I can see in the leaves from your pictures that there is some signs of slight nutrient issue signs by looking at those leaves.

How about what PH is your solution?

Bro, no offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about. The only leaf discoloration you see is in flush week( no plant should finish being green). We use grosens meters provided by grodan to monitor the ec of the block. Inside the block it can exceed 9 ec with proper dry downs. We hit as high as 3.9 ec going into the block. We do not use liquid nutes, we use precision irrigation practices and ec levels laid out by grodan. Mixing tanks are pH'd to 5.8. The feed is .5 gph so the tanks will drift to 6.2 ish over the course of 8 or so hours of feeding drain to waste

Last edited:
Water content of the rockwool manipulates the EC inside the block. We start fresh clones getting transplanted with 2.0 EC, controlling drown rates keeps the EC inside the block around 3 to 5 in veg

madalasatori

Veteran
Hi mate - beautiful grow, well done!

I'm growing coco pots and am hoping to switch to Hugo blocks.

How often do you irrigate? Do you let the blocks dry right out or keep them moist?

The EC levels seem insane but it's just further proof that there are many ways of skinning this smelly green cat.

Also how high are the lights from the canopy and do you move them as plants stretch? I'm using the 750w gavitas.

One last question - are those the flow limiting drippers? Do they ever get blocked? I lost a load of plants this run due to clogged drippers. I was running a higher EC than usual and figured it may have been this however I was also using an h2o2 product which I think may have left residue in the rez. If you're running high EC with no blockages then that may well pinpoint the cause of my problems

lol, ec is high because of all that algae, lol...

They are increasing the ec because the algae and the roots of his plants are fighting for the nutrients... So they are giving it a higher feed...

For a grow on such a large scale, you'd think they would stay on top of all of that algae...

lol, ec is high because of all that algae, lol...

They are increasing the ec because the algae and the roots of his plants are fighting for the nutrients... So they are giving it a higher feed...

For a grow on such a large scale, you'd think they would stay on top of all of that algae...

Do you know how stupid you sound? If you dont, maybe you should put down the soap bar hash you get from your mothers boyfriend. You have zero pics, try and post something of substance instead of running your mouth about things you literally have zero knowledge about

Drain to waste reservoirs should be cleaned daily, at least every other day. And yes we have pressure compensating emitters in place. You must have inline filters in place so they dont clog and clean those daily as well. Using h202 wasnt the cause of your problems.

And the frequency of irrigations vary depending on a lot
of factors through out the cycle. The amount of each irrigation event per plant is 3 to 5% of the volume of the cube and the number of events varies to achieve higher levels of water content in the beginning of flower and larger dry downs later in flowering. Highs of 60% wc with a 10% dry down to start, getting down to a 30% or so dry down later in flowering .

Lights are kept 4ft above canopy level

Last edited:

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
Bro, no offense, but you have no idea what you are talking about. The only leaf discoloration you see is in flush week( no plant should finish being green). We use grosens meters provided by grodan to monitor the ec of the block. Inside the block it can exceed 9 ec with proper dry downs. We hit as high as 3.9 ec going into the block. We do not use liquid nutes, we use precision irrigation practices and ec levels laid out by grodan. Mixing tanks are pH'd to 5.8. The feed is .5 gph so the tanks will drift to 6.2 ish over the course of 8 or so hours of feeding drain to waste

So if you are running drain to waste, what is the EC and PH of the run off?

There are lots of strains and clone only cuttings that are out there being grown and they are REALLY light feeders and an EC of 1.0-1.2 can be way to hot for their roots.

Never before have I heard of any one running such a high EC level. I've seen many threads over the years where people where having issues and lots of those issues where caused by them having a high EC (or ppm depending on what meter type you are using) level. NEVER have I heard of some one running an EC of 3.0-3.9

Care to explain the flushing practice used? Is a weak nutrient solution run, or is it just PH'd water with out nutrients that are being run? Then how long do you flush for?

So if you are running drain to waste, what is the EC and PH of the run off?

There are lots of strains and clone only cuttings that are out there being grown and they are REALLY light feeders and an EC of 1.0-1.2 can be way to hot for their roots.

Never before have I heard of any one running such a high EC level. I've seen many threads over the years where people where having issues and lots of those issues where caused by them having a high EC (or ppm depending on what meter type you are using) level. NEVER have I heard of some one running an EC of 3.0-3.9

Care to explain the flushing practice used? Is a weak nutrient solution run, or is it just PH'd water with out nutrients that are being run? Then how long do you flush for?

We literally soak our 1inch rockwool cloning blocks in 1.7 ec. Thats what they root in. I understand you may have not heard of it, but its ec in relation to water content and using that to your advantage. We are using commercial aggricultural feeding stratagies. You can not feed these EC levels with other mediums. Only rockwool. And if you dont monitor the water content of the blocks while feeding at these levels you could easily fry them in a matter of hours or with just one small irrigation event missed. And we do not have any run off at all until week 4 flowering, monitoring the water contenr precisely. Ive seen guys manipulate the dry down rates of blocks to 8% water content, 7% is wilt and 5% is death. And we have over 150 strains on deck in clone form, all of them react well to our feeding strategies, some of them are 20 year old clone only's.
And the high point of EC is hit at mid way through flower, slowly lowered until the last week hits 0 ec with RO water. We use the grosens meter like i said earlier, so we can literally measure the salts in the cube down to zero and let the plants truley flush themselves.

Looks like from your pics you are doing dwc? In a closet with like four plants? Maybe thats where you get your incorrect assumptions? Maybe you havent heard of it because you havent done any research or ever talked to a comercial ag consultant? Cool story bro, im trying to tell you what we do. Im trying to share info, not debate our practices with someone who has four terrible looking plants in a half assed thrown together shitty dwc closet set up

Last edited:

v1ru5

High Grade Only: What strains you running? Coz the pics look sooo dank on the first page!

Latest posts

Latest posts