What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

What are my options w/ medicinal cannabis?

scorch0062

Hello,

I was recently diagnosed with stage 3 squamous cell carcinoma, located on my tongue and extending to one lymph node. I have had surgery to remove all of the visible cancer, however, I still will have to undergo radiation and chemotherapy, starting in a few weeks. I have read many studies that show the benefits of cannabis during chemotherapy, such as helping with nausea and vomiting, as well as increasing the efficacy of some chemotherapy drugs.

This leads me to my question for this forum: What are my options with medicinal cannabis? I currently live in Tennessee, which has legalized cannabis oil for medicinal use, however there doesn't seem to be any information as far as I can find on how to apply for this.

Any help would be appreciated. Also, if anyone has experiences with undergoing radiation and/or chemotherapy (either with or without medicinal cannabis), I would love to hear some first hand experience on what I will be dealing with as well as whether medicinal cannabis is something that I should continue looking into.

Thank you

Al Botross

ICMag Donor
Veteran
usually with cancer, chemo and Radiation the MMJ starts and ends with your oncologist. They usually have no problem giving a legal prescription when chemo and Rad are required.