What's new

Charko-Marie-Tooth Syndrome

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I have inherited a degenerative muscle/nerve disease called charko-marie-tooth syndrome. It came later in life for me, but my brother and mother had it earlier.

I am wondering if anyone here has it and if they treat it with herb.

I infuse coconut oil with cannabis and apply it topically. This disease affects the extemities and as a result I have it in my hands. I get pretty good results using it on my hands. It limbers them up a bunch, and relaxes them. I am loosing sense of touch in the little finger,and it sometimes just feels odd. The oil helps with this too.

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
They say 1 in 2500 have it. And there is no cure for it, so ya's gotta live with it.

Luckilly I got in a life time of work already and am willing to to slow down some. I am a carpenter and it is affecting my motor skills with my fingers. Imagine having a hard time holding a trim brush or a chisel.

I don't have pain with it, just uncomfortable. I use that infused coco oil on all my joints, and my feet. Instant joint lube.

Like the Tin Man said "Oil Me".

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Getting the dropsy's is no fun... perhaps that's what I have going on.

How is this tested for?

wolfhoundaddy

Veteran
I haven't had it tested. Due to the fact it runs in the family and my symptoms are the same. All the internet search I have done says no cure. They do say use it or lose it though. Mine started on my left hand. I loss all the muscle in the web between my thumb and index finger. Kinda a flap of skin now. Also the pinky finger and adjacent figer have hardly any feeling. It seems to affect the fingers where it is hard to extend them. Putting on a pair of gloves is difficult, or buttoning a shirt.
All said, it could be worse.
Good luck.