What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dried marijuana as a laxitive?

L

larry badiner

ive been eating my dried marijuana nugs (long story) and ive noticed that it helps me stay regular, is this just me?

Old Gold

That's the chlorophyll working wonders.
Chlorophyll softens the stool, helping with constipation, and can even help suppress the diet if that is problematic with digestive issues.

Thylakoids (chlorophyll-containing membranes) have been shown to promote an increase in CCK hormone production, which aids in digestion of fats and proteins. I imagine the contents of cannabis are largely working in this way, and perhaps assisted by flavonoids/terps.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
420giveaway
Try chasing those nugs with a couple cups of coffee, but make sure you're well-stocked with TP.

St. Phatty

Nothing like a 1/2 cup of Psyllium Seed washed down with an edible.

My chickens get pot plants all the time.

Males & reject females.

They don't seem to crap any more then. They always crap a lot.

Cellulose fiber parts of plants in general make good fiber & laxative.

If you needed fiber, I think you could even eat paper to produce the desired results. mostly cellulose with a little bleach.

Chickens love paper, it turns out. Once I fed them an entire garbage can of shredded documents and it disappeared faster than sunflower seed.

The appearance of their poop, however, did not change. :peacock: