What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Having no effect from vaping

CedarTrip

I've been using hemp-derived 20mg CBDpills the last 5 months to treat a brain injury with astounding results.

My dispensary recently started carrying a 28.5:1 CBD strain on marijuana so I decided to try vaping it.

I did as I was told, set it to 400 degrees, when it's ready take looong tokes. Well I took 6 in the couple minutes the device stays on for. Nothing. I did that 4 times last night. Nothing.

I tried again tonight twice, this time with a new full bowl of herb each time. Nothing.

I was expecting to have an immediate and deep effect very similar to the pills but greater. I get deeply relaxed, happy/giggly, and chatty. But there truly was zero effect.

What am I doing wrong here? Any idea?

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
It could be that you are not fully decarboxylating the CBDA, resulting in a lower dose of CBD. Plants produce cannabinoid acids, THCA, CBDA, CBGA etc. When you smoke the plant material, the cannabinoids decarboxylate.

CBDA decarboxylates at higher temperature than THCA, and some recent studies show that vaporizers are not as effective at fully decarboxylating CBDA. Your pills are likely already in the CBD form, and eating is more effective at delivering a consistent dose than vaping due to inhalation variables.

Try smoking a joint and see if that works. Otherwise, consider switching back to the pills that you know are effective.

-Chimera

You are getting the health benefits whether or not you notice any psychoactivity. Up the dose to over 200mg see if that does anything. One research paper suggests thats where threshold begins with cannabidol. If you crave psychoactivity THC is what you want.

CedarTrip

How do I know how much cbd I'm getting by vaping?

I take up to 300mg in pill form a day, though those are rare heavy days. Usually it's about 80mg.

CedarTrip

This is awesome info. Thank you. There's so little I could find specifically vaping cbd strains. I'll up it to the max of 420 degrees next time.

Chimera

Genetic Resource Management
Veteran
Was there a cannabinoid profile associated with the cannabis you purchased?

If you know the % concentration of CBD, we can figure out dosing. But remember, when you ingest a dose orally, you get the full dose... when you smoke that dose, you get only a fraction of that dose, that varies with a whole host of factors dependent on how you smoke/vape, how much you exhale, etc.

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran
I've been using hemp-derived 20mg CBDpills the last 5 months to treat a brain injury with astounding results.

My dispensary recently started carrying a 28.5:1 CBD strain on marijuana so I decided to try vaping it.

I did as I was told, set it to 400 degrees, when it's ready take looong tokes. Well I took 6 in the couple minutes the device stays on for. Nothing. I did that 4 times last night. Nothing.

I tried again tonight twice, this time with a new full bowl of herb each time. Nothing.

I was expecting to have an immediate and deep effect very similar to the pills but greater. I get deeply relaxed, happy/giggly, and chatty. But there truly was zero effect.

What am I doing wrong here? Any idea?

Its the temp of the vape pen, turn it up to 600-700F and the effects will much more noticeable...
Thats the biggest problem with the vape pens, too low of temperature...

How do I know how much cbd I'm getting by vaping?

I take up to 300mg in pill form a day, though those are rare heavy days. Usually it's about 80mg.

Do you know the CBD:THC ratio of the pills?
If as example it was 30:1, 300mg CBD pills would contain 10mg of THC, which could be noticeable even with that much CBD present.
Maybe it would be an idea to try varying ratios. Or just add a little THC to change the ratio to see if you can optimize the effect for you.

Other thoughts:
THC is metabolized differently if smoked (THC) or eaten (11-hydroxy-THC). So effects of THC do vary from eaten to smoked.

I do not know about CBD. What compounds are found in the blood wether you eat or smoke CBD, or CBDA? Does somebody know?

DemonTrich

Veteran
I grow Cannatonic 4cbd HP cut, high cbd low thc

I turn ALL flowers into shatter.

Vape the shatter in my rig and was nothing. Added a bit of my normal shatter (gg4), and holy shit, love it, awesome, nulled my punched nerve in my back enough to mix 60 gallons of nutes and able to work for 3 hrs Wo being in horrible pain.
Cbd alone is not to get high from, medical use only

Latest posts

Latest posts