What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Kung-Fu/Martial Art Movies

BENJI

Between the Devil and the deep blue sea...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Best opening line ever,,,

Shogun Assassin (1980)

When I was little, my father was famous. He was the greatest Samurai in the empire, and he was the Shogun's decapitator. He cut off the heads of 131 lords for the Shogun. It was a bad time for the empire. The Shogun just stayed inside his castle and he never came out. People said his brain was infected by devils, and that he was rotting with evil. The Shogun said the people were not loyal. He said he had a lot of enemies, but he killed more people than that. It was a bad time. Everybody living in fear, but still we were happy. My father would come home to mother, and when he had seen her, he would forget about the killings. He wasn't scared of the Shogun, but the Shogun was scared of him. Maybe that was the problem. At night, mother would sing for us, while father would go into his temple and pray for peace. He'd pray for things to get better. Then, one night the Shogun sent his ninja spies to our house. They were supposed to kill my father, but they didn't. That was the night everything changed, forever. That was when my father left his samurai life and became a demon. He became an assassin who walks the road of vengeance. And he took me with him. I don't remember most of this myself. I only remember the Shogun's ninja hunting us wherever we go. And the bodies falling. And the blood.

I love kung-fu flicks been on a download binge the last couple of days got [1976] Shaolin Temple, [1978] The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin, [1980] Return To The 36th Chamber, [1985] Disciples Of The 36th Chamber, flying guillotine 2 and one armed boxer still hunting for others...

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Master of Death: When cut across the neck, a sound like wailing winter winds is heard, they say

"I'd always hoped to cut someone like that someday, to hear that sound. But to have it happen to my own neck is ridiculous."

A

alpinestar

As long as the English is dubbed in; its good...

I cant stand the ones made originally in English, not as fun to watch high. (maybe it would be more fun to watch those in Chinese...):kos:

Quiet_Riot

Veteran
If I remember correctly Ong Bak is dubbed, or they speak some english and thai mixed in some places, either way you owe yourself to watch it, it's killa

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

im watching "The Iron Monkey right now....its good..............................

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Sick GR8 ill hafto look out for that one...How big is your collection...?

G

GR8shoeBaDizzle

hey benji, its maybe 10-15 deep.....hell but i always seem to catch a good one on TV, and it never fails, I'm gonna watch it!

BENJI

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Killer GR8 nothing like getting baked and watching a marathon of kung-fu flicks going to watch the 36 chamber trilogy now...

BigPhil

Veteran
i love kung fu ill make a list of the film i have on dvd. got them at 3-5 pounds off play i got 20 kung fu flims these are some of my frav

Kung fu zombie. awsum film amazing kung fu with some comic seins
36 deadly styles.
Snake in the eagle's shadow.
Drunken master.
Ninja scroll. manga cartoon a must for kung fu lovers
Fatal needles V's Fatal fists.
Kung fu from beyond the grave.

just to name a few, I also have shogun assassin & my own nunchuckas lol

Latest posts

Latest posts