What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

seizures from quitting weed ...???

farroutfred

i was recently told by doctors who work for a re-hab facility of how people who quit smoking herb ,,, they claims after heavy use people experience seizures
yet they refused to give any actual report
i understand the issue of confidentiality ,,,
yet i know of no actual truth in the claims
CAN ANYONE HELP WITH THE TRUTH ???
i wonder if their report is true at all and if it is what unique condition would cause this ,,, they insisted it was not uncommon
and i dispute the claime
after 25 years of herb smoking culture i've never heard of such a thing

FRED

T

theBluntedOne

me niether chef, they might have seen one case in their years of work where a person who was coming off herb just happen to also have siezures.

G

I'm calling Bullshit!!! Its "FUD" Fear Uncertainty and Doubt. Not only have I never heard of anyone seizing from smoking for 10 years and quitting. I can personally attest to this. Perhaps these individuals that seized had some sort of underlying condition to begin with.

BTW..............Who the fuck goes to rehab for Marijuana?????? Heroin, Cocaine sure but Pot??? Come on!!

T

theBluntedOne

I'm calling Bullshit!!! Its "FUD" Fear Uncertainty and Doubt. Not only have I never heard of anyone seizing from smoking for 10 years and quitting. I can personally attest to this. Perhaps these individuals that seized had some sort of underlying condition to begin with.

BTW..............Who the fuck goes to rehab for Marijuana?????? Heroin, Cocaine sure but Pot??? Come on!!

Sadly Marijuana is the highest growing section of the rehab industry......it is just that ...an industry, you think they want to legalize this herb? They want your money and they want to push pills on you for even more money....

I can just hear the Gay ass Judge-"Possesion of weed, well you could get a fine and jail, bu we want to put you in drug court with all the tweakers and addicts and losers and make you pay for that and get you rehabilitated"....bullshit judge, kiss my ass and smell me herbs burnin foriiver!!!!!

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
Yes this is a fear tactic, but like most propaganda there is a grain of truth. Weed will not cause this, but anxiety attacks will, and quitting weed can cause these attacks. Also booze withdrawl will cause this, so if a person is an alchy, that could contribute.
H

C

cellardweller

I am also calling BULLSHIT!
I was a heavy chronic user/abuser of cannibis for at least 23+ years.
I had to quit due to sudden legal issues.
not once did I ever have anything even resembling a seizure
now, loss of sleep and appetite for a couple of weeks is a different story.

T

theBluntedOne

Yes this is a fear tactic, but like most propaganda there is a grain of truth. Weed will not cause this, but anxiety attacks will, and quitting weed can cause these attacks. Also booze withdrawl will cause this, so if a person is an alchy, that could contribute.
H

Ive never had any anxiety attack or panic attack from not smoking all of a sudden. Tht is with 26 years of experience with extreme Panic and anxiety dissorder. Good point on the booze though. Like I said there was probably somehting else wrong with this dude. My doctor says weed is great for you!

i would be interseted to find out what your general local is ( west, midwest, east, international) this might be an indicationof why they act like that

weedshooter

last year i stopped smoking for a month on a roadtrip from the westcoast to and up the eastcoast and all through the south and midwest. didn't think that traveling with herb was going to be a good idea even though i am a legal patient in california. it sucked being without medsand i had to make do with sleeping pills to help with my insomnia (made even worse by sleeping in foreign hotel beds all the time).

i have also quit for periods lasting more than a year at different intervals of my life.

i have never experienced a seizure...

:)

W

Weedman Herb

I'm going to need more than you saying what a supposed doctor said ... since they are anti pot and doing Nothing illegal you should want to share Who they are and who they work for ... I'd like to speak with them ... can you PM me an addy for the Rehab or a Phone #?

slappyjack

Actually the complete opposite is true. Lots of epileptics claim that cannabis eases their seizures.

After doing loads of research I decided to try it with my epileptic dog. I give her a small amount of vaped material orally immediately before or after a seizure, and it works! Her seizure activity has gone from 8 major seizures a month to 1 minor seizure every 2 months or so. Her life has been improved dramatically because of Cannabis.

Just because Doctors are educated doesn't necessarily mean they are always right. In my experience lots of docs are nothing more than drug pushers for big pharma.

Storm Crow

Veteran
That's one BIG bunch of BULL PUCKY!

That's one BIG bunch of BULL PUCKY!

Here are some studies on withdrawal from cannabis.

Excerpt from the Merck Manual
http://www.ukcia.org/research/merck.htm

Pot, Tobacco Withdrawal Equally Rough
http://www.webmd.com/mental-health/news/20080130/pot-tobacco-withdrawal-equally-rough

A Within-Subject Comparison of Withdrawal Symptoms During Abstinence From Cannabis, Tobacco, and Both Substances
http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=2214670&tool=pmcentrez

The WORST one says it is as bad as withdrawal from TOBACCO! Anyone hear of tobacco withdrawal causing seizures? :laughing:

Didn't think so!

Show that woefully uninformed doctor the studies and tell him :nanana: from Granny! Dare him to read my list! (I think the old form of my list is still more impressive).

Granny :joint:

Strains

I would imagine that its just some fucking junkie in need of more metadon bcus he sold what he allready got, faking weed withdrawals can get it for you (crack/heroin junkie wich allso smoke weed often do this in my country) but thats not all, here the shrinks at rehabs, truly beleive that withdrawal symptoms of cannabis include some very serius schitzoprenia like symptoms, and i still say to everybody that they (they being the patients) are lying to hide the real truth of them being pampered bitches that couldnt stand up in the real world, then they cracked and started with all kinds of drugs, then when it all crashes down they neglect to tell about all the other drugs, but all admit the cannabis use, wich then in turn makes the doctors of the rehab think that its the reason why! sry for ramble!

T

theBluntedOne

Actually the complete opposite is true. Lots of epileptics claim that cannabis eases their seizures.

After doing loads of research I decided to try it with my epileptic dog. I give her a small amount of vaped material orally immediately before or after a seizure, and it works! Her seizure activity has gone from 8 major seizures a month to 1 minor seizure every 2 months or so. Her life has been improved dramatically because of Cannabis.

Just because Doctors are educated doesn't necessarily mean they are always right. In my experience lots of docs are nothing more than drug pushers for big pharma.

sounds like you are a kind hearted dog owner....big upt to you brutha

slappyjack

sounds like you are a kind hearted dog owner....big upt to you brutha

It's amazing how many people think I'm abusing her by giving her this medicine. I love my dog more than almost anything in the world and I'll do anything for her if it improves her life.

I guess this can be viewed as selfish, but now that her seizure activity has subsided I also am also far less stressed out. Seizures aren't pretty, especially grand-mal and multi-day seizures. Before this revelation I would constantly worry that another round of seizures could happen at any time, I was on edge almost every waking moment. I'm so glad that's in my past.

Pythagllio

Patient Grower
Veteran
Oh c'mon, I thought that it had been established in another thread that cannabis can cause all manner of physical withdrawal, that 'everyone is different', etc. Yes, even though cannabis 'physical withdrawal' has only been discovered in the past few years, so many swear that they've experienced it. Unlike other physically addictive drugs, cannabis 'addicts' evidently experience a totally unpredictable cornucopia of physical symptoms, so why not seizures? Hell, next people will be dying from cannabis withdrawals! How can that not be serious addiction? It's a good thing we've noticed this. All those people ingesting cannabis for thousands of years, totally ignorant about being physically addicted. Whew.[/sarcasm]

It's 100% true. Doctors at rehab facilities DO have seizures when they stop smoking. As do many govt. employees!

In fact I was driving past one facility today and saw several Doctors frantically tossing joints down the sewer while having grand mal seizures. It's an EPIDEMIC. It's like the grunion running outside those rehab facilities, all that flopping around!

D.A.R.E. to investigate, D.A.R.E. to question. D.A.R.E. to find the truth.

Actually, it's very common for people detoxing from alcohol or tranquilizers to have seizures during abrupt withdrawal. But cannabis?

Just ran a Emedicine search:
http://search.medscape.com/emedicine-search?queryText=cannabis withdrawal seizures

Emedicine is a site for ER Doctors and is a great resource to find "adverse events". There isn't a single case, study or warning about seizures during cannabis withdrawal that's been published or mentioned..

WAIT! I just found a case where a patient had his marijuana taken during a police seizure.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These kind of false reports dont give me seizures, but they do make me livid enough to foam at the mouth.

Just one more dumbass tactic being used by the brainwashed!

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
I have strokes and seizures when I quit using Cannabis.

IT RUNS IN MY FAMILY!
I'm the only one that uses cannabis as medication for it.

T

theBluntedOne

I have strokes and seizures when I quit using Cannabis.

IT RUNS IN MY FAMILY!
I'm the only one that uses cannabis as medication for it.

sorry to hear that. Sounds like they dont come from withdraw symptoms though, which is what top post was told would happen if he stopped. Sorry to hear about your condition, im glad you have found something that works