What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Canada Announces Clone and Seed (breeding) Producer Licenses! America Says No...

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Does this mean Canada is going to jump ahead in the breeding game? Allowing small seed producers and clone providers is awesome in itself. Read for yourself what's coming. The new licensing is listed HERE
canada.ca said:
Proposed requirements for cultivation, processing, and federal sale licences

1511194447446.jpg

Download the alternative format
(PDF format, 182 KB, 1 page)
Organization: Health Canada
Date published: 2017

Indoor
  • Cultivation Licences (Standard, Micro, Nursery, Hemp)
  • Processing Licences (Standard, Micro)
  • Federal Sale Licences -Medical and Non-medical (cannabis on-site, no cannabis on-site)
Outdoor
Physical Security

Perimeter of the Site
  • Physical barriers (for example, walls or fences with secured entry points) to prevent unauthorized access
    • Cultivation Licences (Standard, Micro, Nursery)
    • Federal Sale Licences -Medical and Non-medical (Cannabis on-site)
  • Visual monitoring, keep recording for 1 year
    • Cultivation Licences (Standard)
    • Processing Licences (Standard)
  • Alarm or other intrusion detection system
Indoor areas on-site where cannabis is present, excluding growing areas
  • Physical barriers to prevent unauthorized access
  • Visual monitoring, keep recording for 1 year
  • Alarm or other intrusion detection system
    • Federal Sale Licences - Medical and Non-medical (Cannabis on-site)
  • Access restricted to employees to perform job duties (e.g., key card, key)
Additional requirements for areas where cannabis is stored
  • Identity recorded of every person entering or exiting the area
    • Standard Cultivation Licences
    • Standard Processing Licences
Personnel Security Clearance

• Specified employees must hold a valid security clearance
    • Federal Sale Licences -Medical and Non-medical (cannabis on-site, no cannabis on-site)
Good Production Practices

• Clean equipment
  • Sanitation of indoor areas
  • Analytical Testing (microbial, contamination, heavy metals, pesticides, THC, CBD) (limited requirements for hemp)
    • All cannabis will be tested prior to processing, packaging, and sale
  • Quality Assurance Person
Reporting and Record Keeping

• Maintain records and report information that, for example, demonstrates compliance with good production practices and describes product recall activities and adverse effects.
Cannabis Tracking System

• Report information with respect to production levels, inventory amounts, and sales volume

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It's almost as if Canada wants the little guy to get ahead. Unpossible!!

Douglas.Curtis

I'd say no for the simple fact most in demand clones come out of the USA.
And the USA has had much less restrictive breeding environments to create this. The "most in demand clones from the USA" is still only a tiny representation of all of the organizations and people who are just itching to get a chance at it. Some amazingly intelligent people are not involved, simply due to the remaining dregs of prohibition in place.

Given even a 5 year head start, I can see Canada owning the breeding scene nationwide. The best the USA can hope for is to get federally legal asap. We'll see how far that goes. lol

One of the main benefits of micro growers being licensable is the increased number of localized genetics which become available. Each growing environment, both indoor and outdoor, has defined variables and there are strains which work best or which can be acclimated the best to these conditions.

It's almost as if Canada wants the little guy to get ahead. Unpossible!!
I know, it's like crazy town around here! :)

Douglas.Curtis

I don't see any relevance to the discussion at hand but... ok. :tiphat: We can definitely tell you're anti-Canadian, no need to over do it. :)

P-NUT

Veteran
How much do the licences cost and can Americans with marijuana felonies visit or move to Canada now?

clearheaded

If what u got busted for is illegal in canada then no. Ie still illegal to sell so if got busted dealing likely no dice. Simple.possession then prob be ok. not the drummer pnut?

I dont think much of a cost to license persay but just cost getting set up and waitinf to be licensed os the big cost. Shoukd get better all the old lps really got it up the ass to be early adopters.

Tuda51

Outdoor pollen will everywhere.

Outdoor pollen will everywhere.

If everyone is going to have these licenses i can only imagine it will be very difficult to grow out door . Pollen will by flying everywhere and can travel miles. what do you guys think?

Douglas.Curtis

Yes, pollen is going to create HUGE drama. I see a lot of filtered air greenhouse tech in the near future. ;)

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
If everyone is going to have these licenses i can only imagine it will be very difficult to grow out door . Pollen will by flying everywhere and can travel miles. what do you guys think?

If every one is growing out cuttings, then not an issue.

If you are growing with the intent to make any type of concentrate, some seeds in the buds are a non issue.

If growing outdoors in fields rogue pollen is really only an issue in the fall, for some one who is growing year round (indoor or green house).

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
When is the last time anything anyone cared about came out of Canada ?

Pre-2004-2005 when two big mail order companies for seeds where still around. This was before they where busted for their mail order seed companies. The date I stated may be off by a year either way, it's not something I recall the precise date of. There where some of those seeds that where sold, that are where some of today's cutting only strains came from.

I am thinking cannabis related in my response to caring about something that came from Canada.

thejact55

Offer something constructive. Just try.

As an adult, one would think that unrestricted work would undoubtly help them leap into some really good work. Good on canada. Its not like they dont have a weed culture, theyve been in the game a long time. It cant be any worse then having hermies produce random cuts that have limited breeding potential, without alot of work at least. Good ridance.

bsgospel

Bat Macumba
No way- French First haha

Agree with thejact- good on Canada. In Colorado, the supposed most strict/well-constructed recreational system/bureaucracy in the states, you can't even introduce new genetics legally anymore. Leads to infirmity in the breeding and testing. A licensed framework or a way to introduce new genetics to the market is something I've been hoping for here to put the kibosh on all the rush jobs I see around town.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I don't know why anyone mentioned the US, starter material can only come from a legal source.

This isn't set up to help the little guy. All product must move between the hands of provincially controlled corporations before reaching retail, as alcohol products currently do.

Liquid capital.

We have had legal trading of cannabis stocks for over two years.

We have multiple corporations that control billions in market capital. While many are quick to point out sales and even infrastructure are but a fraction of this, as they say, first on the scene. Investors are flocking to Canadian stock as one or two corporations will come out on top globally as legalization spreads.

Some laughed at (I did) one company partnering with DNA, but looking at it another way, there are very few seed companies with the business acumen to even show up at the table prepared to strike a deal. Maybe one or two in the US? And again, federally illegal.

So now we have multiple companies forming global partnerships and acquisitions (Israel, Netherlands, Lesotho, Columbia, Uruguay, more every week), who know how to maneuver red tape, attract and provide capital (primarily American) and have a massive head start. Heck, we're even moving onto your stock market.

What have ya'll got? Hundreds of hack pollenchuckers and multiple failed state legalization programs. The only reason the Canadian government sent observers down to monitor state medical and recreational programs was to document the clusterfuck you created and avoid that here.

Tell me again what America has. Unstable bagseed cultivars?

Keep 'em.

CaptainDankness

Last spring about 2,000,000 gallons of maple syrup. :dance013:

But yeah, I'm pretty sure they have all our OG's, GSC's, Sour Diesel, yeah I hope you get the point. Lol, who knows they get the varieties protected under Canada's government, we can't claim bullshit because we can't bring our plants to a federal judge, while that would be lovely to see (imagine the balls on that guy.) Lol

Though something tells me Trump might just pull out an executive order, just to piss in Treadu's Corn Flakes. :biggrin:

insomniac_AU

I can't believe you Canadians and Americans are arguing. As they say "I cried when I had no shoes until I met a man with no feet"
I'd kill for even a tiny amount of the freedom you guys both have.

CaptainDankness

Lol...

Instability is the spice of life!

We learned that from Breeder Steve, variety is the true spice of life. Lol

Though it seems almost every (elite) cut we have comes from a hermie bag seed. Honestly, I think it's mostly just hype, plenty of weed just as good as GG#4 and all that shit IMO, just takes some selection.

Latest posts

Latest posts