What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Michigan outdoors

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Thinking next spring I will try my hand at outdoor for the first time. What strains in seed form are known to do well and finish mold and pm free? Mid Michigan, tri city area. Alot of the more obvious choices are more wld than I prefer. I prefer a more up and energetic high as opposed to a couchlock or sleepy buzz.
I already have bangi haze seeds (pushing the longer limits of flower time I can get away with) and plan to grab some Nepal jam seeds. I have a large collection of seeds and clones for my indoor use. And will try many of them outside just to see.
What I am hoping for are some relatively inexpensive choices, preferably potent and more cerebral than body. Earlier the better. More resistant to humidity and cold related issues helps. Something that also breeds well and makes nice hybrids. As some chuckin will happen.

Im sure it sounds like a dream strain. But am still hoping for a few good suggestions. Based on on experience with the strain, preferably grown but just pointing out some good smoke you know finishes here helps too. I can read seed descriptions all day. What works for sure?

Howdy BT.
Hit the great outdoors- you wont regret it. I've done most of my growing in the last ten years right up above the alpine line in misty mountains so Im always on the hunt for solid cold resistant strains that can shake of the frost and molds that come with the end of my season.

Bangis on the list for certain, and if you were to do a little patch for seed with a few bangi males and a couple of choice fems you'll be impressed how it hardens up other strains to the cold in crosses. Some of the nordic sativas like Typhoon would be sure to succeed where you are. They laugh at the cold and have a nice buzz to them. Can look a bit scrappy but no girls perfect.

I d also give Sweet Deep Grapefruit a run. My better half calls it extreemo weed- grapefruit blueberry cross that heavily favours the sat side in its high. Fast flowering and dependable for me. One of my power strains. I don't see much on it on the boards but shes got my vote.

Texada Timewarp and Timewarp crosses should do you proud if you can get cuts or good seeds where you are. Again one of my old time favourites but ive struggled with seed viability in recent batches in the last few years.

I've got less experience with autos and semi autos, but if you get them cracking strong they can do a nice sideline harvest while the full seasons are just getting large. Might let you target the sweet summer months for some guaranteed kind..

Anyways good luck to you. Plenty of great bud been grown your way and further north so just get those seeds cracking. :yay:

Mr. Smoke

Freezelandxc99 pic by TheOutlawTree.

attachment.php

Beanhoaders Freezeland x c99 finishes sept 25 for the later phenos, my pheno had a nice fruity odors like pineapple. I did beanhoaders Big freeze x chemD this year rock hard nugs ready Oct 3 for my pheno, chemical smell that burns my nose. Grown in Southern Ontario.

Bigfreeze x chemd pics
attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:

Greenthumber

Looking to give a go on a few this coming season as well in the good ol mitten! Was just peeking around at the same questions asked in this thread! That bigfreeze x Chem d is looking nice!