What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Gardens Need Diatomaceous Earth. 100% Kills B4 Bugs R On Your PLANTS! Fans on 1/2 day

cirric007

Put Diatomaceous Earth around walls, windows, doors and around reservoir /// plant trays, and or on 1 clone collar (One above the other. Covering stops wetting...). Kills 100% with a fan on an Automatic Timer 15 minutes on / 15 minutes off. Kills hornets, mites, and gnats... I saw an ant do 6 push up's on diatomaceous earth! Bugs eat Diatomaceous Earth and die!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Bugs do not eat diatomaceous earth.

DE is like little razor blades and cuts holes through the exoskeletons joints allowing the insects to desicate until dead.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
DE also cuts up lung tissue, blows around very easily and sticks really well to trichomes. I strongly recommend against using DE, when superior quality cannabis is your goal.

MintyMick

I use DE in vegetative state only. And only when there are soil pests (root aphids, etc). I usually turn off my fans, put a layer of DE on top of my soil, mix it in a bit and apply a layer of sand on top of it. Then I water by filling a tray and placing the pots in the tray (because the DE gets a bit mushy and less effective when it comes in contact with water - so no top watering).

When in flower I only use beneficial bugs to kill whatever infestation I have. Usually predator mites for bigs on the plant and nematodes for bugs in soil.

Latest posts

Latest posts