What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hi guys new grower here

Mengsk

Greetings,

First time poster long time lurker is that what they say? Might have jumped in the deep end, or a little out of order rather as a previous user seeing the legal side happen so quickly.

Thought I'd show some clone plants. The low leaf level is completely optional although dealing with mites at this stage requires being pretty relentless with the sesame oil. This together with low stress technique can help with stretching especially for clone mothers or a screen of green.

The Honey Bear looks like it may contain some ruderalis as the mites are particularly keen on that one.

Attachments

• erklebetrippin.jpg
    erklebetrippin.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 19
  • honeybear.jpg
    honeybear.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 19
  • sourorange.jpg
    sourorange.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 17
  • plants.jpg
    plants.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 16

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Welcome to ICMag!! :D

Mix one ounce of everclear or high proof vodka with a gallon of water. Cover your soil and spray the plants down completely. Do this every 3 days for 15 days. Your mites will be gone. :) (Your plants will love it and there's zero residue like sesame oil)

I would do the throw the plants outdoors and never bring them back in to your grow area, Strip down naked, burn your clothing, socks shoes everything. Hose yourself off. Disinfect your area then treat the area with a bug bomb.
After that is done, tell us more about your lighting, soil, pot size and what you are hoping to achieve here.
You have come to the right place. Welcome!

CrushnYuba

I second that motion. I really think you got to let those plants go. Scrub down your room. Start fresh. It doesn't seem like those plants will produce anything. And it also seems like there are other factors making those plants unhealthy

hush

Señor Member
Veteran
Yes. Start over. Disinfect room with pyrethrin aerosol bomb, and then be very careful about hygiene in the grow area. What I mean by that is just, wash hands after working in outside veggie garden, take off shoes and don't track in your outside pests to your grow area, stuff like that. Cleanliness *really* goes a long way in indoor gardening, and that isn't really all that much of a shocker, lol.

Other than that, just keep on keepin' on. :tiphat:

Mengsk

Haha, gotta move. Ideally it would be a new room with everything disinfected but once one gets in without quarantine seems difficult to manage which always happens. IPM is the same whether prevention or treatment. We'll see. 400w MH for veg and some other lights and a small grow tent.

If there are any green growth shoots. ( not woody) I would cut as many as I could, drench them in diluted soap non detergent 1 teaspoon per quart. for 10 min. Then rinse them well.
Try to start some roots using whatever method you choose. Read up on this site. Throw away all the old soil and wash everything in hot soapy water. Get some new soil when you see roots on your cuttings.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would do the throw the plants outdoors and never bring them back in to your grow area, Strip down naked, burn your clothing, socks shoes everything. Hose yourself off. Disinfect your area then treat the area with a bug bomb.
After that is done, tell us more about your lighting, soil, pot size and what you are hoping to achieve here.
You have come to the right place. Welcome!

Take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
Remember to keep No-Pest strips away from animals, like humans/kids and pets. The vapors are not even close to healthy.

I still recommend alcohol/water as the safest 'no residue/systemic' solution. Cannabis seems to absorb and hold everything quite tightly. Like the quote in Toy Story (slightly modified),

"To Harvest... AND BEYOND!!"
:)

Mengsk

Ace, thank you. I have to think a little about my comments sometimes and even the time of day, mood etc. I appreciate your advice and it's quite clear. Ideally I'd have sterile clones and start fresh. I wanted to do that. But what happens is things are going on and decide to grow anyway even though things aren't ideal, and so it goes. Seems to happen a lot or every time. I am a novice but I would say if you haven't dealt with mites then you haven't grown lol hence the nuke from orbit comments. Like, I could laugh at your sarcasm, or read your advice as totally sound and legitimate, and both make sense in a way.

10-15 years ago if I was on this site I may react similarly ("everything perfect") but life is more rolling with the punches without getting too philosophical.

If 192 was sold here it would help things though a little strange because of the prohibition thing. I'll definitely try ethanol spray. It's so much work but if you drench them thoroughly repeatedly (in my case hopefully filtrete filtered positive pressure greenhouse) I don't know about with alcohol but that or yucca, sesame/neem/stylet oil I think it's possible to knock back or even eliminate. Not really practical for an entire field.

I think I do go overboard with the defoliation sometimes perhaps to a fault. But they recover just fine to be sure. You will see the next secondary and tertiary branching filling in the space where fan leaves used to be. Takes longer, don't know if it's "worth it," but if you have more light or space or time than you do plants it certainly works.

CrushnYuba

Don't let anyone discourage you. I have contact with bugs every year. It can be fixed and you can succeed. What kind of mites do you think they are? I think that would be the first thing.
If you want to keep the genetics those plants you can, if you can get it to start producing green soft growth.
You don't need tho move or anything like that, but a scrub down is in order. And i would use some real toxic chemical warfare. Not natural pesticides. Once you have an infestation it's different. Avid and forbid used together will kill just about anything. If it's something like russet mites, nothing else will kill them. If it's just some spider mites, other things will kill them but not easily. You will need to replace your soil though no matter what.

What is your room like? Dimensions of room, lights, fans, pot size, soil type, nutrients or amendments. If you are close in location to norcal, i would donate a complete grow setup wirth everything you need for a round. Including lights, soil, pots, nutrients.

I agree Crush. Mengsk...Don't get discouraged. The written word sometimes seems more harsh or condescending than the spoken word. I never mean it to come out that way.
I'm on 12 years of growing and still learn things all the time on this site and elsewhere. There was a time from about mid 70's cannabis got really good, sinsemilla just came on the scene. continued to be good until it became so mainstream. The quality seems to dropped. at the dispensary's, I see bugs, mildew you name it. My grow isn't always spot on but I hit the bullseye often enough to keep myself supplied and I know what is in it.
Best wishes

Mengsk

Mites. I may try 2-3 different miticides combination treatment, organic if possible. I suspect which clone(s) they came from and infected my whole room bit c'est la vie.

Here is what they looked like before going out:
Y1fWTEw.jpg

Mengsk

This perlite and fox farm bin seems pretty good

35U7x3t.jpg

Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Skywalker OG, San Fernando Valley OG, Ken's GDP, GG#4, Purple Punch, Night Nurse