What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Blackone's Bubble Gum Battle

blackone

Veteran
I just started germing some Bubble Gum fems. 6 from Serious Seeds and 5 from TH Seeds. Also germing a bunch of freebies :
Delicious Seeds Sugar Black Rose
G13 Labs Seeds Peach Puree CBD
Dinafem Seeds Critical + 2.0
T H Seeds UnderDawg OG
Barneys Farm Seeds Red Dragon
G13 Labs Seeds OG13
Dinafem Seeds White Widow
picture.php

blackone

Veteran
Welcome aboard.
This is my first grow in 3-4 years. I used to have spider mites and thrips - I really hope they're all dead from starvation because it's a pain to have to deal with.
Bubble Gum is something I've wanted to try for so many years now. Previously ran some from another breeder but they were far from the Bubble Gum description as could be. Really lanky sativas with a coffee-like stank that was out of this world, and a high that was pure energy. This time I want to try the original breeders and since I couldn't decide I got both.

The seeds were pretty small and in particular the ones from TH Seeds looked slightly immature. One of them was even small and green-ish. A little disappointed that what is supposed to be high-end seeds hasn't gone through better quality control.

Also the freebies were small. One of them was the smallest cannabis seed I've ever seen - the size of a millet grain. I'm a little excited about the 2 OG crosses and the critical 2.0. Also the Sugar Black Rose is interesting - I wonder if it has anything to do with Heath Robinson's Black Rose?

tleaf jr.

Came up off 75w
Veteran
Grew some bubble gums from nirvana...phenos all over the place and nun really to write home about...hope you find some keepers..

blackone

Veteran
18/18 seeds popped. I put them in soil today - should have done it yesterday because some were getting a little long for my liking.
Kinda regretting I didn't just start them directly. I hope they'll be able to drop their helmets.

blackone

Veteran
8 days after putting seeds in paper towels. Serious Seeds seems to be the fastest grower so far, even faster than the freebies.
Am I just being impatient? Seems to me they should all be a little further along after 8 days.
Serious :

picture.php

TH Seeds:
picture.php

Freebies:
picture.php

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
8 days after putting seeds in paper towels. Serious Seeds seems to be the fastest grower so far, even faster than the freebies.
Am I just being impatient? Seems to me they should all be a little further along after 8 days.
Serious :

View Image

TH Seeds:
View Image

Freebies:
View Image
If this is the state of your normal house cleaning, no wonder you had bugs. Why do you have a bunch of dead plant material and used soil lying around with your new seedlings? All of that is going to attract pests and disease to your new plants.

A clean growing environment is a happy growing environment.

blackone

Veteran
Couldn't agree more... Was in a hurry to start these seeds even though I don't really have the time to clean up the grow room right now.
It has been locked for 3 years because I couldn't stand looking at it - quite embarrassing really.

GOT_BUD?

Weed is a gateway to gardening
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I couldn't do it, bro. My OCD would kick in. I'd start twitching. I would seriously lose sleep until that was cleaned up.

OK. Enough harping on ya. Good luck!

blackone

Veteran
Thanks, and I finally found some quality time for my babies. First I had to clear a path in my room so I could get to my plants - then it was time to clear away all of the old dead plants. I would like to change the dirty plastic in the back but I need to clean my room more before I can move around easily.
They're now under 4x15W Osram Substitube LED T8 retrofits.
I gave them a light feeding yesterday - I'm not sure if it might be a little bit too early but they seem to be responding ok.

Serious Seeds - still the fastest grower:
picture.php

TH Seeds along with a single Red Dragon freebie:
picture.php

The rest of the freebies:
picture.php

Noddy

Well they've certainly picked up in the week, good luck and hope they all give a good result.

blackone

Veteran
Thanks - yeah I think it won't be long before I want to repot them. As soon as they fill out the pots and start drinking for real they're going in new pots. Just can't decide if I want to put them in 1.5l pots first or if I'll put them directly in the 6.5l pots I'm planning to flower them in.

U

useless.gardens

Sugar black rose has nothing to do with Heath Robinson. However, I've grown out 3 beans of SBR and really enjoyed the final result.

Gave 3 zips to a girlfriend at the time and she loved it too.

Good to see you cleaned the grow space.

blackone

Veteran
Ah ok thanks. Had to look it up - it's Black Domina x Critical Mass. Sounds interesting and I hope it's as tasty as promised. I'm a sucker for tasty strains, and if I get one I'm sometimes irritated if it's too strong because then I can only smoke a tiny amount.
Perhaps Peach Puree CBD will make me happy? It's supposed to be only 5% Thc and 10%CBD but who knows if I'll hit those numbers...

Plants are growing well, but some leaves do seem a bit off-colored and one of my TH Seeds babies is showing symptoms of what I believe must be either nute-burn or over-watering.
I did think it was nute burn so I gave my plants a bit of clean water but I'm not 100% sure - maybe I'm just making things worse and they should have had a bit of LIFTA instead.

On to the group shots.

Serious:

TH Seeds:

Freebies: