What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Aerial Detection

livinit

Anyone know exactly know how low clippers actually fly in Canada? How noticeable are 3' foot plants scattered in the brush?

I know these are general questions, but I'd like to hear your guys input on the subject. I've always been sketched over this issue, but never looked into it because I've never had much of a reason to.

idiit

Veteran
se usa here. they fly real low. best defense imo is to grow horizontally and let the branches instead of the meristem go vertical.

'Boogieman'

I think they are looking for commercial guerilla grows. Here in Indiana I have never lost a plant to a chopper and I grow a couple large plants per spot. I think you will be fine with small plants scattered in different spots.

dufous

Small scattered grows are found by accident, if at all. Avoid planting in geometric patterns or in large numbers.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
If you've got a lot of other vegitation around your plants will be nearly impossible to spot anyway.

Good suggestions/experiences above.

Easy7

Veteran
They fly low with a chopper here. The chopper has a camera for further analysis.

Having watering containers or gear in the bush could be a give away. Trails, non-green fence, people running all are signs of activity.

Lot's of these pilots for the dea were chopper pilots in Vietnam or other wars. They are good at anti-guerrilla activity. Losing a little direct light for cover is advisable. Having other shrubby plants blend with the growing mj takes away sharp noticeable features. Tall trees take away camera time but helicopters can hover. Angles make their positioning harder.

They have also used U2 spy planes. Probably use satellites in areas that have large outdoor grows. Just haven't had an administration yet that unleashes national guard for a total sweep. But guerrilla isn't as easy to use big guns. Lot's of private aviators also go hunting for ganja. If they spend a lot of "time over target" it's a give away.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
They fly low with a chopper here. The chopper has a camera for further analysis.

Having watering containers or gear in the bush could be a give away. Trails, non-green fence, people running all are signs of activity.

Lot's of these pilots for the dea were chopper pilots in Vietnam or other wars. They are good at anti-guerrilla activity. Losing a little direct light for cover is advisable. Having other shrubby plants blend with the growing mj takes away sharp noticeable features. Tall trees take away camera time but helicopters can hover. Angles make their positioning harder.

They have also used U2 spy planes. Probably use satellites in areas that have large outdoor grows. Just haven't had an administration yet that unleashes national guard for a total sweep. But guerrilla isn't as easy to use big guns. Lot's of private aviators also go hunting for ganja. If they spend a lot of "time over target" it's a give away.

Pilots are pilots... Spotters are spotters...
Pilots arent spotters, they're job is to keep the bird in the air. They're like a sniper team that doesn't rotate sniper/spotter duties.

Also...
It is illegal to use the Nat Guard for police work.
They might come in & clean up a discovered grow, however.
Satelites can definitely be used...
Google earth shows it all already.

livinit

So in other words 25 plants will not even be very noticeable from the sky if properly placed (scattered), tied down and blended?

Just trying to get all my bases covered and not be as reckless as previous years. Ex. 6 foot Christmas trees sparkling in full sunlight lined up in a row.

FireIn.TheSky

Pilots are pilots... Spotters are spotters...
Pilots arent spotters, they're job is to keep the bird in the air. They're like a sniper team that doesn't rotate sniper/spotter duties.

Also...
It is illegal to use the Nat Guard for police work.
They might come in & clean up a discovered grow, however.
Satelites can definitely be used...
Google earth shows it all already.

Where I'm at they use the nat guard to fly a fleet of helicopters while the porkers take notes.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
Helicopter threads in the outdoor forum are like Global warming and yummy threads in the den, LOL!

Helicopters find your plants with the naked eye. In dry country this makes it easier, because the surrounding foliage isn't receiving water like the Cannabis, so the plants will appear a more vibrant green, even in country that stays green a experienced spotter can pick out the MJ.

The best strategies to hide Guerrilla plants from choppers in descending order of importance:

#1. Don't plant in open places: Don't plant in the middle of the meadow, plant at the edge of it, near the shrubs/trees. Always try to find places busy with other natural plants to hide yours.

#2. Plant your crops spread apart: In the old days, choppers could spot plants often because growers would not only plant close together, but often in organized rows to help make irrigation easier, to a aircraft these rows look unnatural even before you can see what species the plants are. Ideally plants should be at least 20' apart, if not much further.

#3. Don't beat paths through grass to your plants, or leave junk or equipment of any kind visible, don't give the chopper something to look at and hang around, it may lead them to your patch.

#4. Keep your plants a reasonable size: Don't try to grow huge pound plus plants, 4 1/4lb plants spread appart will be more hidden than one pound plant.

anyone remember the old sticky that covered defeating helicopter/satellites ? had a weird name and cant find it, think the first page had planting pattern pics in ms paint?

Easy7

Veteran
When they sniffed around me, it was one helo pilot with camera.

They use national guards in the Ohio Kentucky region. That's the Humboldt of the east. They also used national guard to shoot students. Not very liberal areas unlike Cali.

They declared war on drugs, each and every one of the drugs. Now they have a fentanyl epidemic. Body after body in the morgues.

The national guard is US Army under the guise of state Militia. They aren't seen like they once were in my county. Growing up we used to see a lot of heuy's and even C130s flying in and out of the county airport. I see still see C130s but these are modified for signal intelligence. Warrantless intercepts.

troutman

Seed Whore
So in other words 25 plants will not even be very noticeable from the sky if properly placed (scattered), tied down and blended?

Just trying to get all my bases covered and not be as reckless as previous years. Ex. 6 foot Christmas trees sparkling in full sunlight lined up in a row.

I've had over 60 plants scattered in the middle of a hydro line far from the main road once and nobody found anything.

1. As long as you don't leave grow stuff in the forest;
  2. Don't plant them in any patterns;
  3. Aren't seen working the plants;
  4. Don't tell anyone and work alone;
  5. Grow far enough from any trails or road.
I doubt you'll have problems.

PDX Dopesmoker

Aren't seen working the plants;

Having some sort of believable cover story/disguise for visits isn't a bad idea in case you are seen. I used to dress up as a bird watcher when I went to visit guerrilla grow sites in somewhat densely populated suburbs. Binoculars around my neck & a bird book sticking out of my pocket probably kept a few people from wondering about exactly what I was doing out in the woods by myself.

amanda88

Anyone know exactly know how low clippers actually fly in Canada? How noticeable are 3' foot plants scattered in the brush?

I know these are general questions, but I'd like to hear your guys input on the subject. I've always been sketched over this issue, but never looked into it because I've never had much of a reason to.

One of my bf's was a pilot always on about how he got his 'eagle' eye'

always carry a vhf radio and never keep the plants in a pattern ...having an excuse for being in the zone

my2c

Cheers/

Easy7

Veteran
Trail cams ate big issue these days. Gets a shot of your face and if you are trespassing it makes stories harder. Some cams can send real time footage cellularly. Unless you carry a jammer and find every trail cam it's a lot more risky.

B

BAKED_BEANZ

Trail cams ate big issue these days. Gets a shot of your face and if you are trespassing it makes stories harder. Some cams can send real time footage cellularly. Unless you carry a jammer and find every trail cam it's a lot more risky.

what works good for the hunters ......works good for the hunted too

livinit

I definitively don't have to worry about that. Although that's good to know.

livinit

I've had over 60 plants scattered in the middle of a hydro line far from the main road once and nobody found anything.

1. As long as you don't leave grow stuff in the forest;
  2. Don't plant them in any patterns;
  3. Aren't seen working the plants;
  4. Don't tell anyone and work alone;
  5. Grow far enough from any trails or road.
I doubt you'll have problems.

I actually have a lot of those hydro clearings around my area, very good idea. Just plant them along dense brush with the south sun.

We actually have a moss bog clearing that no one but hydro track machines go along because you will sink in it two three feet and have no chance of getting out of that shit.

troutman

Seed Whore
I actually have a lot of those hydro clearings around my area, very good idea. Just plant them along dense brush with the south sun.

We actually have a moss bog clearing that no one but hydro track machines go along because you will sink in it two three feet and have no chance of getting out of that shit.

Oh yeah, don't forget the bug spray or you'll die around the mossy bogs. :moon:

D

Dioni

Technology is on they're side, so many ways to catch you it will make your head spin....who's growing in this building? Can you imagine hauling medium up there...lmao!

The rippers are using the same tech, so it's basically a 2 front assault! GOOD LUCK.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts