What's new

Sweet Tooth #3 x #4

G

This Sweet Tooth #3 x #4 male smelled delicious, as you can see I tried Subcool/Poddar's method of male isolation, putting cuttings from the nicest male 3 x 4 into a beaker of water, then placing it in the box on some greaseproof paper, with another box on top. I had problems with humidity inside the box, but most of the pollen that dropped remained dry. I stored the pollen in greaseproof paper wraps in the freezer until the females (2 phenos of 3 x4, a nice hashplant and a couple of the best Sheherezades).

I raised the lights and once the fans were turned off I covered one medium sized bud from the females selected, with a ziploc bag, sprayed/misted the garden with water, and then pollinated the selected buds with a paintbrush, replacing the bags and leaving them on for a few hours.

Did I pollinate the whole garden? It remains to be seen if there are any stray seeds anywhere, but the buds that I hit have got a few seeds for sure. i'll post up my results later;)

31st3xst4_male01.jpg

31st3xst4_male02-med.jpg

31st3xst4_male03-med.jpg

G

Hey Pitt,
Can you tell me how the sheherazade smokes compared to the swt plants? I've never purchased any paradise genetics, even though the sensi star is cannabis cup worthy. Can you tell me more about this strain, growth characteristics and such....
thanks

G

Awsome job, You got me thinking about using this method of catching pollen. I might have to give it a whirl with my plants i got going now. Keep up the good work and let's hope that one bud got pollenated and not the rest of the garden.
Later

G

Pittbull, do the males get enough light that shines through the plastic boxes or do you keep a light inside the box? Just wondering how the setup works with the light on the male.
Great Job

G

Cheers

Cheers

justforfun - thanks man, yeah it's a good method (I hope:))

BillyGoat, yeah man, i'm hoping ther won't be too many strays. in answer to you question, the light gets through fine for them, no lights, appart from the 1000w in the flower room;)

JLP - hi man, thanks for the link to your box, I've trawled og, and never come across that one! Yeah the males definely a good one;)

Link to the new mums is here, int he above thread I said 2 pheno's, well there's definely 3, and they'er all pollinated a bit:tup:

http://www.icmag.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2347

Latest posts

Latest posts