What's new

Dunking with Eagle 20?

MtnLivin

Hey everybody! I am going to be using some eagle20 on my moms and was curious if anyone is dunking instead of spraying with this stuff?

I dunk small clones but my moms are too big to try to dunk. I suppose you could fill a big trash can and dunk your moms, go for it!

supuradam

Hey everybody! I am going to be using some eagle20 on my moms and was curious if anyone is dunking instead of spraying with this stuff?

"Keep out of the reach of children. Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid breathing vapors and spraying mist. Handle concentrate in ventilated area. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, chewing gum, using tobacco, using the toilet or smoking. Keep away from food, feedstuffs, and water supplies."

"contains naphthalene, which has caused cancer in some laboratory animals"

"Has been toxic to the fetus in laboratory animals at doses non-toxic to the mother"

source: http://www.golfv.com/msds/EAGLE633.pdf

Let me get this straight, you want to dunk a plant in this stuff, and then smoke it?

G

greenmatter

spraying should work just fine if you take the time to do it right. overkill is never a bad thing but in the case of eagle 20 it is not needed. that stuff works ... end of story

krunchbubble

Dear Haters, I Have So Much More For You To Be Mad
Veteran

it works great dunking, i would recommend a sticker/spreader such as a dish soap to break the static on the leaf surface......:tiphat:

fred b

"Keep out of the reach of children. Do not swallow. Avoid contact with eyes, skin, and clothing. Avoid breathing vapors and spraying mist. Handle concentrate in ventilated area. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, chewing gum, using tobacco, using the toilet or smoking. Keep away from food, feedstuffs, and water supplies."

"contains naphthalene, which has caused cancer in some laboratory animals"

"Has been toxic to the fetus in laboratory animals at doses non-toxic to the mother"

source: http://www.golfv.com/msds/EAGLE633.pdf

Let me get this straight, you want to dunk a plant in this stuff, and then smoke it?

*uck that sounds pretty sick man!
I've used it once but now I am not sure I even want this stuff around my house ...

on the other hand I don't wanna overreact. krunch, you use this stuff quite often don't you ? what do you think about it ? do you wear a whole body suite and a professional gas mask when spraying ?

greets
fred b

krunchbubble

Veteran
*uck that sounds pretty sick man!
I've used it once but now I am not sure I even want this stuff around my house ...

on the other hand I don't wanna overreact. krunch, you use this stuff quite often don't you ? what do you think about it ? do you wear a whole body suite and a professional gas mask when spraying ?

greets
fred b

you ingest shit 10X worst smoking a cigarette or inhaling second hand smoke....

damn near every product you use in growing had warnings, precautions and such, if you read them all, you would be using your own piss as fertilizer....

but, no, i don't use eagle 20 often, i don't have powder mildew! maybe 2-3 times in the last year because i brought in new strains....

i don't use a suit or gasmask, im usually in my underwear and wife beater, i just make sure i don't get it on me!....

Claude Hopper

Old Skool Rulz
Veteran
contains naphthalene, which has caused cancer in some laboratory animals"

My mom and grandmothers closets "contain naphthalene" (MOTHBALLS) and it never seemed to hurt them.

BTW, its my favorite guerrilla deer deterent. I toss mothballs in a bout a 15' radius around my patches. Works as well a chickenwire for me.

krunchbubble

Veteran
haha okay, thanks for your fast response
the piss comment made me laugh too ;)

given out to much rep in the last 24 hours......

if you use eagle 20 in veg, your not ingesting the same plant material that you sprayed/dunked......

fred b

lol sorry about my last post, after reading up abit on it I feel not so stressed anymore ;)
I think the last smoke made me somewhat paranoid

greets
fred b

I

In~Plain~Site

My mom and grandmothers closets "contain naphthalene" (MOTHBALLS) and it never seemed to hurt them.

BTW, its my favorite guerrilla deer deterent. I toss mothballs in a bout a 15' radius around my patches. Works as well a chickenwire for me.

OT - but that's a great tip :yes:

K+

I had to dunk a number of clones in it last night and I was super sketched out. I had gloves, mask and fresh water close by. I think keeping it off your skin and not inhaling it (obviously) you're fine. Just be careful with it. I did extensive research on it since my friend scared the shit out of me when he sold me about this stuff being toxic as hell haha

Naut.s.33

when I used this stuff I only used it once in conjunction with Heat treating to rid myself of pm. I was in a full body tyvec suit with a face mask respirator and gloves. I would not grow these plants out to flower.. That shit is mad poisonous. I would suggest only taking clones off of sprayed/dunked plants and throwing them away. Other than the nasty chem side of the stuff, I haven't had pm in a years.

I know this is an old thread but people search and read old threads so I wanted to share:

Eagle 20 is deadly when smoked. This is not even a question in my mind at all. I know someone who is in the hospital still because they smoked weed that had Eagle 20 in it and their brain started swelling and had to be medically induced into a coma and will likely have permanent brain damage. We know it's Eagle 20 because the grower admitted to it. Do not use this stuff please!

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Terrible story and I hope your friend has a full recovery!
A good reminder to the rest of us that this stuff is bad news if not used correctly!

I don't believe there is a correct usage. Studies have shown it can stay in the plant for over 200 days, unless you're vegging that long there is no appropriate use. Find a different fungicide, there are so many options besides this killer. Eagle 20 turns into cyanide when combusted, not safe one bit!

I hear what people are saying about the toxicity. This stuff was consistently showing up in testing here in CO, and at even higher levels in concentrates. It stays in plant tissues for a long time and apparently produces hydrogen cyanide when combusted (so does cigarette smoke).

I think there is a middle road here. This stuff is not the same thing as sulfur, h202, milk, what have you. This will cure the systemic disease forever, with one application. It won't come back if your environment is on point.

The key here is a pragmatic approach to safety and some good old common sense. Only use on mothers and clones and your meds will test fine

Latest posts

Latest posts