What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vaccination???

mexcurandero420

See the world through a puff of smoke
Veteran
interesting stuff

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5104623/

not to undermine the problems these people have from getting narcolepsy, just fascinated with all of this.

it looks like, according to nih, the h1n1 flu itself can trigger narcolepsy. so is it a "damned if you do or don't" type thing, as suggested by h.h.?

one thing is for sure, vaccines in general have saved countless lives. who knows how many? billions? how many dollars saved, how much suffering avoided by averting the potential serious complications from (for example) polio?

so maybe in my not professional opinion, the minimal (statistically) chance of serious side- effects from modern vaccines is worth it for something like sars-cov-2 which cost our healthcare systems dearly and has claimed millions of lives... but worth it for the common cold? maybe not.

Vaccinations can cause epidemics.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/sep/02/vaccine-derived-polio-spreads-in-africa-after-defeat-of-wild-virus

https://thelogicalindian.com/amp/fact-check/bill-gates-polio-vaccine-covid-19-gates-foundation-21270

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
i believe we have to take each vaccine as a separate entity.

which is why i hate the antivaxxer movement.

it typically seems as though they just automatically hate all vaccines; and then just use any example even from decades ago to try and demonstrate why all vaccines are bad. reminds me of the anti GMO movement.

HGCC

Just to clarify, my earlier statement was in no way shape or form meant to be anti-vax. We went with an extremely accelerated timeline for the development of this one for obvious reasons. Stuff does get missed and overlooked when we do that, just broadly speaking it isnt good R&D. I would get it, but I am also probably not going to qualify for that first group. Will evaluate tail growth potential as it comes.

nepalnt21

FRRRRRResh!
Veteran
tens of thousands of people have already tried it, i bet it will be many many many more before it is rolled out to the general public

HGCC

...I'm sure they will. It doesn't change the fact that it takes quite a long time to figure out if something is carcinogenic or not though. I plan to take it as soon as its available, I have taken lots of weird drugs with gusto over the years, but it doesn't change the fact it was rushed to market with inadequate testing.

armedoldhippy

Veteran
...I'm sure they will. It doesn't change the fact that it takes quite a long time to figure out if something is carcinogenic or not though. I plan to take it as soon as its available, I have taken lots of weird drugs with gusto over the years, but it doesn't change the fact it was rushed to market with inadequate testing.

yup. i have doubts about safety myself. but like you, a lot of shit i've done was not cleared by the med pros.:D at my age though, i figure something else will get me before any unknown effect of the vaccine will. if nothing else i'll be a statistic in the long-term studies, and part of the attempt to protect others. why not?:good:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
- Hmmm - <conspiratorial mind working overtime> - how about if there was something in the vaccine deadly - that would lay dormant in the body - until months into the future - that would kill you - sorta like a timed-release doom-particle?

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
What if they poisoned my milk?

- could be a few answers to that one -

1. They might think that they were doing the world a favour -

2. They have an agenda to wipe out lactose tolerant people - to 'Save the Cows' -

3. You have a murderous grocer -

picture.php

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So whilst the Murdoch-owned Fox news plays to their crowd and casts aspersions about the vaccine....

Rupert Murdock himself, 89, receives and early vaccination in UK on the NHS !

"[FONT=&quot]“I would like to thank the keyworkers and the NHS staff who have worked so hard throughout the pandemic, and the amazing scientists who have made this vaccine possible. I strongly encourage people around the world to get the vaccine as it becomes available,”"[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]https://variety.com/2020/tv/news/rupert-murdoch-covid-19-vaccine-1234866444/[/FONT]

Latest posts

Latest posts