What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

vitamin e acetate

HWY36

So is the jury still out on whether or not it was vitamin e acetate or some other thickening agent that was killing people who were smoking vape carts? Someone suggested recently that it was more likely heavy metals leaching from the center post of the carts. Any clarification?

Gray Wolf

A Posse ad Esse. From Possibility to realization.
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't heard back from the FDA criminal investigation division, and metalic elements is certainly one of the things they looked at before picking Vit E acetate.

I do note that we stopped using Vit E acetate, but not metallic heating elements, and the problem seems to have gone away.

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
Funny how all those people with "popcorn lung" from the oil, are not in the news any longer. They sure pulled a lot of legal vape carts, like the Juuls. All of a sudden WuFlu took over all the lung illnesses, and vaping issues went away.

Switcher56

Comfortably numb!
I haven't heard back from the FDA criminal investigation division, and metalic elements is certainly one of the things they looked at before picking Vit E acetate.

I do note that we stopped using Vit E acetate, but not metallic heating elements, and the problem seems to have gone away.
The FDA's credibility has been questioned for some time. The metallic element discussion point has been around for years. Vit E OTOH, yeah, not good for you.

Bottom line! Some idiot, not knowing shit from shinola, was looking to make a fast buck!

Dr Farsalinos would be a wiser choice if you are looking for the poop, the full poop and nothing but the poop. Commonly known amongst vapers as Dr F.

BTW, in 2012 the treatment of smoking related diseases in Europe alone was $12.5B with a B :) Do you really think they were willing to give up that paycheck?

We (FDA) don't support medical cannabis but we are funding research, developing synthetic THC or yet Epidiolex (Charlotte's Web). #1 "may cause kidney damage" yet cannabis won't/doesn't/ hasn't. Yadi, yadi, yada....