What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

MrNice Super Silver Haze

Happy Times

The seeds were made in 1999 and it was around when Shantibaba and Nevil left GH to creat MrNice. The SSH seeds were initially sold in green/blue packs I think but I never got to see one myself. My seeds were in yellow packs and also directly from Shantibaba in a ziplock, without a packet.

Don't quote me on that -> I think the last time Nevil made the NH and SSH was in 97,Shantibaba made all the seed after that.
View Image

Those buds look great

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
The NH and SSH seeds sold when MrNice was started were all made by Nevil as were the seed GHS was still selling until they ran out of stock.

Shanti had posted in Cannabis world in his forum that the NH being sold were made by Nevil .

If you look in my Gallery the SSH i grew was from seed Nevil had made and the NH i grew was made by Nevil also.Nevil did his breeding and seed making away from GHS and sold seed on containment.

leet

MNS SSH - Day 11

Sunbathing! Today I gave 1ml/L Biobizz Activera , 1ml/L Biobizz Topmax , 1ml/L Biobizz Algamic , 1ml/L Biobizz Biogrow and 1ml/L Biobizz Fishmix. I know, lots of biobizz stuff :D

picture.php

Look at the trichomes already! They don't call it Super Silver for nothing :)

elanius

Veteran
Leet, is this from the Mr.Nice auction? We bought 1998 Super Silver Haze seeds recently from there, they were supposed to have about 30% germ. rate. I tried 2 seeds with my method, which is basically the germination machine, sterilization and soaking the seeds with enzyme enriched water, both seeds cracked in 48 hours and one showed tap root, but there was no energy in the seed left to go further. So they need help - cracking the shell to save them some power for the actual germination. Thanks for sharing, fingers crossed for your seedling to perform well! Are you hoping for male or female?

picture.php

budsicles

I would zap them with a tesla coil. An old school violet ray device might work.

In March I made a high voltage pepper seed Germination experiment, using two teaspoon samples for each, where 1/2 hours influence per day for 7 days was recorded. The germination rates for the electrified samples vs control were much higher, where pepper seeds are one of the more difficult seeds to get to sprout, but all these seeds used for the experiment were from a batch of seeds of sweet Cherry, saved from last years garden, so the entire batch was from the same fertile source.
The point of the experiment was to simply verify what others have written concerning high voltage and high frequency, that it can be beneficial to plant life. Actually very little literature seems to exist on the subject.
https://www.pupman.com/listarchives/2003/May/msg00392.html

TheDarkStorm

The seeds were made in 1999 and it was around when Shantibaba and Nevil left GH to creat MrNice. The SSH seeds were initially sold in green/blue packs I think but I never got to see one myself. My seeds were in yellow packs and also directly from Shantibaba in a ziplock, without a packet.

Don't quote me on that -> I think the last time Nevil made the NH and SSH was in 97,Shantibaba made all the seed after that.
View Image

Exactly...it was nevil himself who was not allowing shanti to use the straight ssh name to sell the mr nice seed...hence the name ssh upgraded being first used by mr nice...it was only later nevil alowed the straight ssh name to be used...nevil actually won the cup with ssh for the third tim in 1999 entering his clone again under the ghs baner...he left just after.
Mind you some of the seed has been made earlier but shanti has labled the stock from date of reciept...eg nevil made the 97nh in 1997 yet shanti recived these in 2002 to use as parental stock an has labeled them as such.
I too remember the first packs mr nice used before the yellow packs an they wer indeed blue.
Anyway good luck with the ssh you have...hope you find a gem...

Cloneman

Veteran
This is a post from a few months ago, about Mango Haze 15 years ago

I'd had SSH for years and loved it. I couldn't get Mango haze seeds anywhere so I PM'd Shanti and arranged to buy some seeds, sent the cash from the UK to Italy where he was, bless him he sent 24 seeds back. I did 12 and have still got 12 in the fridge, will hopefully get round to them in a few months with a haze hybrid project.

here's a post from him at that time

I will share with you something interesting about the mango and SSH strain.When Nev had found the female line to breed to the haze male to create SSH there was alot of testing and sampling done by quite some legends.Most of those involved chose the SSH pheno as the SSH but I chose the Mango phenotype as my favourite.Nev was always fascinated that I chose this Mango female above the SSH female.I explained that a long time before when I was living in Main Arm northern NSW in Australia, I had had such an experience from the high effect of a similar female to what we dubbed the mango that I could never forget that plant.Added to that the taste of mangos is the flavour, it was not too difficult to choose.So at that point I went on with the breeding of the Mango line while Nev finished the SSH line...both genetically similar but manifesting such different ranges of the haze side it was almost understandable that people would not believe these two girls are sisters but they are. I do recall that it took 2000 plants to find the SSH from Nev, but alot less for me to find the Mango breeders.So that is why and how we got the two girls...interesting bible fact, maybe for all you sativa addicts.

Mango is a parallel cross of the SSH.That means the same father but different mothers from the same generation that SSH's mother originated from.Lets say you have two sisters and they had children with the same man...basically.Anyhow the reason is personal.I always picked the Mango plant and others picked the SSH plant as preferred smoke.The SSH did very well, so I figured if there was something to go on with it would be that one....as far as practical hazes go.
All the best Shantibaba

leet

High guys!

MNS SSH - Day 15

Seedling is still growing slowly.. and it's not very happy overall but seems to be catcing up.. It's very small but hopefully it will be big soon!

picture.php

Elanius high !

Seed is not from auction but probably similar. TBH I would try maybe to slowly rehydrate the seed ( wet cotton balls in tupper/jar overnight ) and then germinate in semiwet cotton or something not very wet. I know the germination machine is good but I dont think its good for veeeery old seeds. What happens is if you hydrate the old seed very fast the skin ( membrane/endosperm ) of the seed ruptures and cannot function as food storage and also leaks electrolytes. If you hydrate the seed slowly you avoid these problems. I also wouldnt sterilize the seed because its already full of oxidization and the last thing it wants is bleach/eth or h2o2. If you insist to use h2o2 maybe use it at 0.15% and if you use eth maybe dip some seconds in 95% then dry or clean with sterilized water. Also you can try fulvic acid,seaweed, GA3... even directly in soil with worm castings and some peat... Try some with some other old seed.. Good luck!

T

TakenByTheSky

Leet, is this from the Mr.Nice auction? We bought 1998 Super Silver Haze seeds recently from there, they were supposed to have about 30% germ. rate. I tried 2 seeds with my method, which is basically the germination machine, sterilization and soaking the seeds with enzyme enriched water, both seeds cracked in 48 hours and one showed tap root, but there was no energy in the seed left to go further. So they need help - cracking the shell to save them some power for the actual germination. Thanks for sharing, fingers crossed for your seedling to perform well! Are you hoping for male or female?

View Image

Are u going to try more of them?

TheDarkStorm

This is a post from a few months ago, about Mango Haze 15 years ago

Exactly...mango haze f1 if I can remember correctly had already been made before the mr nice seed company had come about...using the same father as ssh.
Sometimes happens with old seed leet..might take some time but they should be fine....

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
Exactly...mango haze f1 if I can remember correctly had already been made before the mr nice seed company had come about...using the same father as ssh.
Sometimes happens with old seed leet..might take some time but they should be fine....

Hiya Dark the father of mango haze is not the same as used in SSH Nevil told me he gave shanti seed of SkHz and told him to look threw that for the father of MH.

I then found this post by Shanti
View Image
Hi All

just to clear the air from confusion and before you all go making a legend from myth here is how it was done and is done still....

Nh is made from Haze C male which is made by two pure haze parents from 1969....then the female side of NH is made from Haze A combined to NL5 or NL5Haze A where Haze A was also made by two pure Haze parents also from 1969

Haze A is no longer alive only Haze C male is along with several other different sativa lines.

but plants with the lineage of Haze A are still alive and carrying the genes within.

SSH is made up of Haze C combined to Skunk 1 or Skunk HzC which is the male side, the female side is Haze C combined to NL5 or NL5HzC

the Mango comes from a parallel cross same as SSH but with one difference

Haze A male combined to Sk 1 or Sk HzA being the male plant, the female is NL5HzC....that is the breeding of those three plants

considering the Haze A is no longer a male alive, it still is alive in the ancestry of some of the plants used in all these breeds

"Care about what other people think and you will always be their prisoner." -Lao Tzu

all the best,
Shantibaba

https://www.mrnice.nl/forum/2064-post27.html

harvestreaper

Veteran
interesting slowly grasping this A an C buisness so the ssh is double bred haze C and the mh father is from haze A,same mum different dads ,,,,,i believe both A and C are mixed in the doors line to

@hempy

The Haze Whisperer
interesting slowly grasping this A an C buisness so the ssh is double bred haze C and the mh father is from haze A,same mum different dads ,,,,,i believe both A and C are mixed in the doors line to

As a guess shanti may of been meaning the test seed MH after that the MH changed still good by what people have posted but they look nothing like the test seed they were animals grew like NH.