What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Deep Chunk or Pakistan Chitral Kush?

Ronni

There is a tough decission to make. I would get both, but because of $$$ there is one to be picked first.

Hope someone have arguments why to pick one over the other.

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
Deep Chunk is more for breeding in my opinion. I made several crosses with it. I havnt grown the Chitral. X18 is tasty.
I hear Dutch Grown has some pretty good strains. In fact real good strains. Unclefishstick grows them all the time. He has some real winners from DGS

burningfire

Veteran
I don't think you can go wrong with either... both are very resinous, pure indicas..

I'm not sure how the seedline is for deep chunk though, PCK might have slightly more variation with some individuals with thinner leaflets..

I haven't grown DC but PCK is an incredibly smooth smoke with a balanced, content and lively indica buzz of medium potency. The stem smelled like peaches and the bud goes through a gummy peach aroma while curing, something good to vaporize.

I

icon

if you cant afford both ide suggest get pck & then a pack of lapis mnt indica from cannacopia $35 its deepchunk x lapis mnt indica which is a afghan kush landrace. lapis mnt indica is very stable & deepchunk is dominant in most phenos.

Ras Pablo

Veteran
Go with CannaBioGen's Pakistan Chitral Kush !!! Also try to get some Deep Chunk seeds from original stock or Monkey Haze F2 from TomHill or Panama/Deep Chunk from CannaBIoGen too.

Salut!

D.S. Toker. MD

Veteran
I havent grown the PCk, but ive grown the DC. Dc is inbred and grows S L O W....! Whatever time you normally grow before setting to flower, add 45 days to a dc grow becasue it can take 8 weeks to reach 12".. S LOW!

I hear its great for breeding but if your just growing to get some weed, dont grow it.

Maple leaf indica from sensi is super top quality afghan and is lower cost than either of the strains you mention.

I would go for the PCK hands down. For the following reasons:
1.It's been used in far less crosses than the DC and will give you a good knowledge of a strain which I think will be an extremely sought after breeding parent in the near future.
2.Sandstorm. I have grown and smoked The SS and it is a really nice strain, potent as (or more so) than many much more expensive/hyped up strains. PCK is one parent of the SS and passed on it's tendency to color up strains when it was X'd with the SS.
3.DC has been worked to death really, anyone who is capable and has the genetics have most likely crossed it and there are hundreds of DC crosses making the rounds. PCK X's are few and far between and male and female traits passed on in X's aren't as yet known to many.
4.PCK has much more to offer IMO as a P1 parent as from what I have read it is a higher yielder, has more intersting terpene profiles to pass onto offspring along with it's tendency to color up. Anything lacking in potency could be made up for by X'ing with a different parent which has a proven track record in passing potency to offspring.
I think the PCk is one of the plants which everyone will be working with as it's from a very reputable company/'s (CBgen/Ace) isn't overworked (yet) and judging by the peole who are working it now, must be very good as they have access to everything yet choose PCK. These are just my opinions and I offer them as I honestly believe all the points I raised.

due to the fact that pck is NEVER in stock and when it is it is under stocked and gone in a flash It makes it easy,,,,,Deep Chunk

just checked again and as usual

Pakistan Chitral Kush

Add to basket
Price : £ 50.00

Offer Price : £

Out Of Stock

Lav

Baned
I'm actually growing a chunk hybrid (Deep Chunkolate, Cannacopia), but in terms of ancestry and possibilities, I'd have to choose PCK.

you guys are bashing deep chunk like it's a autoflower hemp plant........there is a reason it's in everything ya know.......It breeds true and consistent......pck looks amazing from what Ive seen and I check for restock so often it's not even funny and it's never in stock........The op is asking for a recomendation for which seeds to buy......seeing as you just can't get the pck.......and tom hill has deep chunk,it makes it a no brainer....If I had to make a choice I would also rather the pck but it's not a choice cause pck is out of stock.Allways out of stock.........So if ya can wait then more power to ya could be a long one.....If ya need seeds then get yer self some deep chunk

Dr. Purpur

Custom Haze crosses
Veteran
I ran deep chunk and made lots of crosses with it. Then I realized that I didn't care for the flavor or high. There's the blunt truth. It took forever to grow. It tasted weird.Seems like at least one pheno gave me headaches too

I

icon

PCK is in stock from cannabiogen 2nd page i just ordered a pack

i want to add the lapis mnt indica adds more vigor to the deepchunk & the lapis is very simular to deepchunk in smell/taste/stone just a bit more mellow & higher yield im just saying its well worth a try & if you dont like it then you wouldnt like deepchunk & the lapis wouldnt be such a hard hit to the wallet.it seems that anything crossed with dc the dc dominates so really you could go with any strain dc & find a keeper.

Last edited:
I see you guys found them pretty quickly. I saw them a few hrs ago, pm'd someone who was after some and was going to update this thread and let people know they are back up. Now it's just a case of watch em disappear...

Latest posts

Latest posts