What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Croatian Cannabis

bozga

There is on island Vis in the Adriatic sea strain called "Domaja" which has been grown there for years. But not quite sure it's landrace... No tropical climate over here, but definately warm mediterranien in the southern parts and on the islands.....
peace
boz :ying:

keat

croatia is near balkan isnt it?
i've heard about fields of native ganja, thought it was cannabis ruderalis.

yoss33

Veteran
Wild weed in south-east europe is not Ruderalis, as many suggest, but left-over from the hemp fields that were common up to the late 70s.
The only landraces here are hemp :)

F

FIREofKALI

i think that in Turkey they have various hashplants, sativa hashplants too... and Turkey is not so far from Crotia... so maybe who knows.. i dont know:)

but when i was in Crotia on vacation... some guys sold me some herb... great quality, sativa upbeat high.. nice spicy taste... it was sh@t!!! i was high for good 4 hours... i think it was outdoor...but it can easily be some dutch genetics.. who knows?

just my 2 cents:wave:

ive seen some pretty cool grows from the village my family comes from in croatia. old stone houses in the hills with 60 plants inside that you cant see unless you climb a tree to view it from the missing roof. We would buy zips for cheap, roll doobies and hit the beach. our friends would think we were crazy for not mixing it with tobacco. Nearly everyone would mix it, so good or bad herb was being mixed with tobacco! didn't matter if it was herb or not, once mixed with tobacco it could be shwag and would not matter. the weed was not grown well and the genetics was a mix of different euro stuff.

Koi

Wild weed in south-east europe is not Ruderalis, as many suggest, but left-over from the hemp fields that were common up to the late 70s.
And hemp is Cannabis Sativa Sativa.

burningfire

Veteran

that is the definition of ruderalis, escaped hemp/drug cultivars that have adapted to the region.

BEC

They should be planted with low THC values ​​and even zero .... or there were saying by rudelaris arrives.
regards

4herbs

Croatia does not have any landrace genetics growing by itself,but people tend to grow some seeds that are imported from other countries!Some people grow those seeds and inbreed them year after year so it is already aclimated to our conditions and you could say it is croatian cannabis called domaja,or your bag seed weed,because people grow most of it outdoors...but it is all ganja from Albania,it is so called Albanka and it is a landrace for sure,Cannabis Sativa...that is all I can say about it!

sugarman

If it's not grown from brand named dutch seeds, ganja in croatia is usually grown from bagseeds found in imported bosnian or albanian ganja. This imported weed can be very resinous (!) and potent, but it's usually bad quality stuff (full of seeds), caused by improper way of growing/drying/transportation. However, you can find various samples, indica or sativa dominant ones, and I think it would be interesting to work with these genetics.

There are some beautiful plants in eastern croatia (Slavonija), 4-5 meter tall sativa plants (origin of seeds must be albania), grown and inbred for years by war vets. This is the agricultural region of Croatia, we have great climate and fertile soils here. As mentioned above,this ganja is called domacica or domaja (it means "domestic", home grown weed).

lasko

Croatia is not in tropical zone as southest parts are 43 N. All outdoor ganja is called domaja or domacica, indoor skunk :D. There is no ruderalis, maybe on hungarian border, else not. There are some landraces in certain parts like Slavonia, but you wont get them if you dont know people. Origins of seeds are not albanian, but bosnian. Albanian ganja is imported in croatia in last 15 years, before that most ganja came from bosnia and serbia. Bosnia and serbia were under osmans imperium for 500 years so ganja must came from turkey, but there are also proofs that romans were growing hemp here 2000 years ago.
ATM as i know situation most of croatian weed came from imported dutch seeds so landraces are nearly gone ....

related thread
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=34666

4herbs

You are correct my brother...come and check out my current breeding project,planing to do a cross between a pure albanian sativa,and our domaćica indica that my friend has for a while now!beautifull specimens if you ask me,even much better than the stuff you buy on the net :)
peace!

4herbs

Croatian Cannabis Breeding Program
https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=217335

Here is my current grow in which I am growing and breeding some interesting domestic seeds that I got from an older grower from a part of Croatia called Slavonija & Baranja!
Here you will see the types of plants which you could refeer to Croatian Landrace genetics because it is grown here for quite some years by older growers who like domaja plants!
Peace to you all...