What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

BHO pics :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
Looks very nice.

That said, better to evaporate on glass rather than parchment, if I see that correctly.

i remember a guy here, using turkey bags to spray into and to evaporate from. always liked the idea, but didnt like the risk of rupture and or the unknown way the turkey bag reacts to the solvent.

SkyHighLer

Got me a stone bad Mana
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i remember a guy here, using turkey bags to spray into and to evaporate from. always liked the idea, but didnt like the risk of rupture and or the unknown way the turkey bag reacts to the solvent.

They're nylon, no reaction problem, but they're so thin, and the cold makes nylon brittle, definitely a rupture possibility, so make sure the bag is fully supported in a Pyrex evaporation dish in case it gives way. Another problem with nylon is static electricity formation. Great idea, just be ultra careful.

K

Krutibrko

Sour Diesel BHO,Czech power

picture.php

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Different material And the age of the material produce different effects , consistencies and colors
picture.php
picture.php
:abduct:

K

Krutibrko

Hi,

Top photos man!!

Can you just specify Whats material you used or at least how old Are those samples you used after thé exctraction in the pictures you posted?

Thank you fór thé answers,

Cheers

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi,

Top photos man!!

Can you just specify Whats material you used or at least how old Are those samples you used after thé exctraction in the pictures you posted?

Thank you fór thé answers,

Cheers
Hard to remember exactly but it’s a good example of the difference in clarity and color that happens as flower material ages and cures, personally I prefer it from well cured material I don’t care about color:blowbubbles
picture.php

Hashmasta-Kut

honey oil addict
Veteran
Regardless of color, if you prefer best flavor, cured product doesn't produce it. Just fully dried and not aged is much tastier for most strains.

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Am I allowed to say that I prefer the taste and the effects better from cured flowers extractions ? :) Like perhaps four to six weeks after harvest and manicure?

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I would vape that bibi it looks pretty good ... I get the best color from fresh material... (Maybe two weeks after harvest) Only use what you would consider smoking...That’s my humble method of operation

bibi40

hey star !!!
yes it' s pretty good , this one was made with popcorn' s bud and little trimming leaves ,
for my part i noticed somme different colors ( and texture aswell ) with different strain , it make sense about freshness of the material to change that too .

:wave:

star crash

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Don’t know why but something about age material gets bho darker , the longer in ages eventually becomes a darker product

RGG

Don’t know why but something about age material gets bho darker , the longer in ages eventually becomes a darker product

I used to make a lot of BHO with a closed loop system i believe it is due to oxidization of the trichomes.

The more the trics mature the darker they become so hence when extracted the material is darker.

Seems people really dont like darker material despite the taste and high etc darker shatter is classed as such as inferior product. i know UK boys now using CRC tech to clean dark material into beautiful colored shatter but i know there is a debate over how good this is for you, personally i have never tried it.