What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

African photo thread

Herbalistic

Herbal relaxation...
Veteran
To answer your question Rivs, it was awful erb right after it has dryed, cured it for 3 weeks and it did start produce very clear, little energitizing effect, but at the same time it relaxed me thoroughtly! However, I am not satisfied on the high at the moment, but dont do any final conclusions before 2-3 month cure!

Then I do a detailed smokereport and decide will I work/grow out those Swazi x Destroyer seeds I made.

Pure sativas often need curing process to release all the flavors & potency those complex therpenes & cannabinoids have to offer :2cents:

Yield was very good on these considering they were grown under 250 hps, as we can see even they did have airy structure, they still didnt like too hot & humid and the buds started to dry out from inside! I use this biozone airpurifier/ionizior inside my growcab because of mites -> they hate it and stay away + it destroys all kind of molds & fungus, which was maybe the only reason why they didnt produce any mold on those dry spots :chin:

Have seen very variable reports of African seeds Swazi Rooibart line where has been big differences comparing outdoor & indoor grows considering potency wise... All the reports still praise the yield...

Im after a variety of quality smoke and even I have such an limited space I pop all multimonth/halfyear sativas to to explore special highs :rasta:

This for you rainha G, mainly Sagedaze & Tri x NL X LK x PK drysift, but some Swazi in it also.. Keep your head up!!

rainha Ginga

Ginga don't sell seeds
Veteran
Herbalistic said:
This for you rainha G, mainly Sagedaze & Tri x NL X LK x PK drysift, but some Swazi in it also.. Keep your head up!!

Thank you very much Herbalistic, nice!

congoDSCF5383.jpg

congoDSCF5385.jpg

Peace
RG

Evil 1

I personally hate how stringy the varieties in south africa are you need so much power to get them to fill out and i've only been able to source up to 400 watt hps lights, but I will add this cross a SA plant with something more indica dominant and the yields shoot through the roof. :joint:

That Congo is going to be a beast rainha Ginga! Good work mate.

I can't wait to get my hands on some deep exotic african genetics. Will go hunting for some soon :muahaha:
But for now I carry on breeding with the usual like Swazi, Dp, Malawi etc. I did manage to collect 3 Rooibaard seeds from some decent Rooibaard the other day, not the killer stuff though unfortanetly. One day...
Mybe will be getting seeds from some great Transkei soon from a friend.

Swazi indoors:

Purple Aids father re-veged:

and his children (PA x DP), ready to be back crossed to him for the first time. Took some clones today:

DP test run,

The seeds are from this plant

And here's some pics from my now harvested fem DP x Skunk girls

Cheers all. :friends:

Propoline

Nice pics everyone.... let me share a pic or two of my DP from two seasons back. I really like it, nice stone and great flavor & smell. They produce some nice colas, and its early finisher too...were I live its done in last week of sept.There are a couple outside this year too :jump: so not long till first harvested buds of 2008 :rasta:

:wave:

Propoline

stoned16

whats up african herbsman those congo black bankies seem pretty tasty any chance of a pm?Im from ireland but have family in South Africa and im over there quite alot.Do you know Plettenberg Bay?peace

MildeStoner

Veteran
Greetings from South Africa :jump:
Here's a couple flicks for ya :joint:

Swazi Ruderalis Pheno 1

Swazi Ruderalis Pheno 2

Northern LightsXSwazi

Local strain called Golden Throne, i presume a swazi cross??

S.a.g.eXSwazi

White Wizzard

Strawberry Cough, got original seed from an unreliable source, seem to be a vicous sativa, probably from durban, as this is where the sources family grows... :violin:

Unity. :joint:

stoned16

mildestoner those plants are lovely looking.That golden throne plant looks particularly interesting any idea of the genetics?Is it available in seed or clone only.good luck and stay safe

MildeStoner

Veteran
stoned16 said:
mildestoner those plants are lovely looking.That golden throne plant looks particularly interesting any idea of the genetics?Is it available in seed or clone only.good luck and stay safe

Not available anymore at all as far as I know, I believe it has never been commercially available, anyone can prove me wrong maybe??
I got the seed in some bud from my supplier at the time, a fat rasta lol, the bud was golden when i bought it with a strange earthy spicy taste, but when I grew it out the taste was decidedly different, I assume whatever it was crossed with to make the seeds was not as worthwhile, so chosse not to keep it in my garden....

Here's a couple pics from my garden :joint:

MildeStoner

Veteran
stoned16 said:

The genetics on the golden throne are, as far as I know, swaziXdurban local strain grown by my suppliers family, then grown by him indoors, where presumably it got crossed with something, then I bought some of it, got some seed and grew it out.

Here's a couple more golden throne pics

stoned16

awh man those plants are looking sweet,i spent some time in Plettenberg bay and loved it.What lights do you have and you growing in soil or hydro??any other strains indoors...and did you do the swazixruderalis cross yourself?? :bongsmi: peace

Great stuff guys, this thread is really taking off...
Nice work Mildestoner! Some really interesting genetics.

Got my shit together and picked up some Congo Black. Half bankie for R50...
Brought in from DRC. Pretty good quality for what it is. Good potency, better than Swazi of the same quality which is usualy called "A grade" Swazi and is quite potent. The CB is a bit of a creeper I noticed, starts of weak and leaves you a little un-imprressed but comes on strong after a few minutes. About 10 minutes later and your gone. Nice clear pure enegetic sativa high. Makes me very clumsy and stumble around. Great sweet sativa smell similar to Swaz but with nice spicy earthy tones and a distinct perfume like aroma like the Kenyan compressed stuff I got a while back but not as pungent. I was pleased to see a fair amount of seeds LOL. Got 22 good mature seeds.
Here's some shots/

The bag after a bit tokeage..

Regards. :joint:

Propoline

African herbman said:
Greta pix Propoline, looks like some really nice DP. Where are the seeds from?
Cheers

Hi African herbman....seeds are from Sensi Seeds. I'm growing it for third time this year ( I bought a pack with 16 seeds 3 years ago), and this year I found this sativa pheno that looks really great. It looks there was only one seed in a whole pack...and I'm glad I made some clones this year, so there are a few off them out.

Here are a couple pic of Sativa pheno DP... still has to go a few weeks, but the colas are already huge, but they will probably fill out even more till end

And a few pic of already harvested indica pheno DP

Ill start an outdoor thread soon...and if anyone is interested in the rest of my work this year Is more than welcome in. Ill put a link in my sig

See ya

Propoline :wave: :wave:

stoned16

yeah propoline a link would be great??they are lovely looking plants..have u been giving them nutes?peace and stay safe

Propoline

Stoned16, looks like you missed a link in my signature so here it is Party time:) . In spring they got some composted chicken manure, after that they were feeded only once or twice. They are finishing nice now.

MildeStoner thanks, yours look gorgeous too. You'll get yourself a bunch of tasty buds :). Actually I'm not from Africa, I just added a few pic here cause DP has origins in Africa

:wave:

Propoline