What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Welcome to my Sh**Show!!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Hello persons.

so I was running a perpetual cycle, and my clones werent rooting, so I panicked and popped literally all my seeds I have acquired to keep on my perpetual cycle. Well halfway through the bloom I saw that powdery mildew had come back full force from before, I had done a lot to battle it and thought I was in the clear. Not so much, so I decided I needed to shut down, and have a chance to kill spores and cure the plants. I had close to 100 plants in my veg room. I literally killed all extra plants so I only had a single phenotype of each. I then also got thrips on top of the pm, so while treating that I killed a few phenos (that I had previously killed the extras/clones/backups already). So as you can see this is the shit show you will witness.

To top this off, I went on vacay for 1 months so I turned the 630cmh veg light down to 420W and got my friend to water them only.

I got back to a bunch of lanky ass plants, but at least was able to sex them all.

I had 20 ish males and am flowering them out to get pollen, and then I will store this, and pollinate various branches of all plants in bloom.
Just have a 1000 watt HPS turned down to 500 watts.

I am making seeds out of these crosses because I did so much research and spent over 1k on these seeds, and want to really get to know them versus just flowering once and thats it. Since I am shutting down for a few years I will not keep my fave moms of each strain which was the previous plan.

ok this is where we are at now, I have cut back the first batch of plants, took cuttings from all the lanky top growth I removed ( i like short stocky plants)
will reveg for 2-3 weeks while the clones root, and BAM into flower, rinse and repeat with the next 8 plants. ( Ive got about 60 females I figure)

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

This is before I left ! so if you want to know what 1 month of veg with 420 watts on 18/6 on 100 plants look like there ya have it
picture.php

Last edited:

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
These are all my strains I got going. I just couldn't stop popping, and now I feel committed to do them right. This hobby has made me a crazy person. Im ok with that.

Bodhi
More Cowbell (GSC Forum Cut x 88HP/G13)
Goji OG (Nepali OG x Snow Lotus)
Dream Lotus (Blue Dream x Snow Lotus)
Sunshine Daydream (Bubbashine x Appalachia)

TGA
Agent Orange (Orange Velvet X Jack The Ripper)

Rare Dankness
Scott’s OG (Triangle Kush x Rare Dankness#1)

Karma Genetics
Headbanger (Sour Diesel IBL x Biker Kush 2.0)
Mandarin Kush (Mandarin x Biker Kush)

Tony Greens Tortured Beans
Gorilla Bubble (GG#4 x Sour Bubble)
Lime Gorrilla Bubble (GG#4 x Sour Bubble *Lime Pheno)
Gorilla Haze (SuperSilverSourDiesel Haze x Gorilla Bubble)

DoubleTriple
Strawberry Gum (Strawberry Cough x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)
Cookies n Gum (GSC Forum Cut x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)

BadDawg
Brown Sugar Leaf (Brown Sugar x Long Bottom Leaf)
Deadheaded Dragon (Deadhead x 3 Headed Dragon)
Atonic Dragon (Atonic x 3 Headed Dragon)

Female Seeds
Blueberry Cheesecake (Blueberry x Cheese)

For male plants this is what I have, going to be some interesting combinations.

Atonic Dragon (Atonic x 3 Headed Dragon)
Deadheaded Dragon (Deadhead x 3 Headed Dragon)
Strawberry Gum (Strawberry Cough x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)
Cookies n Gum (GSC Forum Cut x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)
Lime Gorrilla Bubble (GG#4 x Sour Bubble *Lime Pheno)
Gorilla Haze (SuperSilverSourDiesel Haze x Gorilla Bubble)
Mandarin Kush (Mandarin x Biker Kush)
Dream Lotus (Blue Dream x Snow Lotus)

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
This is what my soil looks like, I make my own compost for 3 years now, I use guinea guano from own pets that I had, the horse manure was from my parents farm, and I have my own worm bins.

NPK MACRO MEALS
[]1 Cup Kelp (1-0-2)
[]1/2 Cup Bone (4-10-0)
[]1/2 Cup Fishbone (4-18-0)
[]1/2 Cup Neem (4-3-2)
[]1/2 Cup Insect Frass (3-1-3)
[]1/3 Cup Alfalfa (3-1-2)
[]1/3 Cup Soymeal (7-2-2)

MINERAL
[]2 Cup Granite Grit (0-0-3)
[]1 Cup Diatomaceous Earth
[]1 Cup Glacial Rock Dust (0-0-1)
[]1/8 Cup Basalt (0-0-1)
[]1/8 Cup Azomite

CALCIUM
[]1/2 Cup Gypsum
[]1/4 Cup Dolomite

OTHER
[]1 Cup Dehydrated Molasses

BASE
1 CF = 8 LOOSE FILLED GALLON

5 Gallon Recycled Soil Mix
(33% Peat, 33% Organic Matter, 33% Perlite)

+
1 Gallon EWC
1/4 Gallon BioChar
1/2 Gallon Guinea/Horse Manure
1/2 Gallon Vermiculite
1/2 Gallon Expanded Clay

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
DISCLAIMER - I take pretty decent pictures and icmag reduces them too 117kb from 2 plus mb. It makes them all look like garbage and it makes me sad, as roi has a 10 MB limit and all pictures are huge and look amazing. I am here for the community though thats why I posted here, because its you guys that have tried to help me over the last 2 years.

But you deserve better pictures.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
Dood it sounds like that started rough, but you bounced back exquisitely. Good luck and I'm in to watch this one.

LungCooking

Wow, very nice Paulie! Rich soil there!

This is what my soil looks like, I make my own compost for 3 years now, I use guinea guano from own pets that I had, the horse manure was from my parents farm, and I have my own worm bins.

NPK MACRO MEALS
[]1 Cup Kelp (1-0-2)
[]1/2 Cup Bone (4-10-0)
[]1/2 Cup Fishbone (4-18-0)
[]1/2 Cup Neem (4-3-2)
[]1/2 Cup Insect Frass (3-1-3)
[]1/3 Cup Alfalfa (3-1-2)
[]1/3 Cup Soymeal (7-2-2)

MINERAL
[]2 Cup Granite Grit (0-0-3)
[]1 Cup Diatomaceous Earth
[]1 Cup Glacial Rock Dust (0-0-1)
[]1/8 Cup Basalt (0-0-1)
[]1/8 Cup Azomite

CALCIUM
[]1/2 Cup Gypsum
[]1/4 Cup Dolomite

OTHER
[]1 Cup Dehydrated Molasses

BASE
1 CF = 8 LOOSE FILLED GALLON

5 Gallon Recycled Soil Mix
(33% Peat, 33% Organic Matter, 33% Perlite)

+
1 Gallon EWC
1/4 Gallon BioChar
1/2 Gallon Guinea/Horse Manure
1/2 Gallon Vermiculite
1/2 Gallon Expanded Clay

nickman

Veteran
Nice Paulie, that’s quite a list u have there...

I hate it how the pics come out on this site... I’ve never checked anywhere else.

I’m just now getting into trying to build my own soil... I have a thread going in the GPS section. So far the plants I have in flower at the 30 day point have had only water their entire life. I gave them a top dress when they first went into flower. Of Mother Earths meal mix (bloom version) 2-6-4 at one tablespoon per gallon of soil and Down to Earth all purpose 4-6-2 at one tablespoon per container. Plus I mixed in some Coast of Maine’s Lobster Compost and a little bit more earth worm castings... plants are in three gallon containers. Base soil is Fox Farms Ocean Forest and Fox Farms Happy Frog mixed at a 50/50 ratio and six pounds of worm castings...!!!...

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Males are ready to harvest but Im having a hard time to collect pollen. I can see a couple sacs are open, and pollen is in the air when I hit the plant, and some fan leaves have pollen on it. But when I shake the hell out of the plant in a bucket or wax paper no substantial pollen is collected for me to scrape together. but a bunch of the open sacks showing bananas are laying there.

Knowing my luck I will have flowered these 20 males under 500 watts for 3 weeks (day 23 today), and will end up collecting no pollen ;(

Will continue to give em a shake this week and see if I can get anything, Instead of a whole plant shakedown I will try taking a plate and finding sacs that are open and just shaking those over the plate. Will put tinfoil on the plate.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Hi Pauliewaulie!

Wow you sure have a project on your hands. I'll follow along if you don't mind!

Best of luck on your grow!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Glad to have you here lester, yeah its been messy, but Im starting to see the light now that these males will be harvested for pollen, and the girls are ready to enter the bloom room as of this week, so will have a proper update soon enough!

bigbadbiddy

Wow, usually the strain lists in these types of threads turn me off real quick (because I assume people didn't do their research when I read them).

This is something else, interesting and good stuff you have going Paulie, going to be exciting to see what you make of this.

And will be quite a treat to see you grow out the F2s and following, if you do.

Wish you all the best and going to keep lurking here to see how your project moves forward.

Buddah Watcha

Veteran
Right on Paulie! Your soil mix sounds solid, and so does the strain list you are running! I have ran Goji, SSDD and More Cowbell... More cowbell was my favorite, very tasty and stoney, had a nice leather bbq smell to one of my phenos, I have a thread on it somewhere under the GSC subforum! Headbanger also was amazing from my experience, actually got some Headbanger x SSDD that I made, going now that are pretty nice!

Im looking forward to seeing your grow grow :)

Best vibes!

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
I stepped up my picture game and used a picture hosting site! Will continue to improve and take pictures with better lighting and better camera.

Pollen has been collected! Got about 3 Tablespoons, that's all I need for my project so killed the males to make room. I decided to mix all the pollen into one blend, as I am looking for diversity, and will do a massive pheno hunt, and I like all the genetics equally that I have so want a little bit of all of them to work with.

Heres the breakdown of my pollen:

30% Lime Gorrilla Bubble (GG#4 x Sour Bubble *Lime Pheno)
20% Strawberry Gum (Strawberry Cough x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)
10% Mandarin Kush (Mandarin x Biker Kush)
10% Deadheaded Dragon (Deadhead x 3 Headed Dragon)
10% Gorilla Haze (SuperSilverSourDiesel Haze x Gorilla Bubble)
10% Cookies n Gum (GSC Forum Cut x Pink Bazooka Bubblegum)
5% Atonic Dragon (Atonic x 3 Headed Dragon)
5% Dream Lotus (Blue Dream x Snow Lotus)

A0ord9.jpg

Monday was Day one for 12 plants- here they are

6 Blueberry Cheesecake

A082Pk.jpg

A08Aix.jpg

2 Goji OG
A0ojrP.jpg

4 (Scotts OG x Agent Orange)
My own cross from my Scotts OG#5 pheno which I still, I wasn't sure who the dad was could have been another Scotts OG, but based on the growth it doesn't look anything like an OG anymore, and reminds me of the Agent Oranges. What I find surprising is that all 8 females are very uniform and look almost identical other than different smells. Would have thought for my first pollen chuck results would be all over the place, meanwhile it's more uniform than any seeds I've ever bought, so far that is, let's see what they do in flower.

A0oIPi.jpg

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Celebrating firing up the bloom room with this run, with new bulbs all around! yay
A08jac.jpg

Here are all 12 under a 1000watt, dialed down to 750. Im doing 16 per 1K light so will dial up as room fills up.
A02h4e.jpg

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Wow, usually the strain lists in these types of threads turn me off real quick (because I assume people didn't do their research when I read them).

This is something else, interesting and good stuff you have going Paulie, going to be exciting to see what you make of this.

And will be quite a treat to see you grow out the F2s and following, if you do.

Wish you all the best and going to keep lurking here to see how your project moves forward.

I researched for about a year, after not growing for 15 years, I had a lot of catching up to do, so first I scoped out good breeders, and then some of their best work. A lot of these were freebies too, and decent ones too. I won't be growing out any F2's right away from what I make so that will be another mystery that will wait a few years.

PaulieWaulie

Veteran
Right on Paulie! Your soil mix sounds solid, and so does the strain list you are running! I have ran Goji, SSDD and More Cowbell... More cowbell was my favorite, very tasty and stoney, had a nice leather bbq smell to one of my phenos, I have a thread on it somewhere under the GSC subforum! Headbanger also was amazing from my experience, actually got some Headbanger x SSDD that I made, going now that are pretty nice!

Im looking forward to seeing your grow grow :)

Best vibes!

HeadbangerXSSDD sounds amazing!

As awesome as the soil sounds, I don't know how it will perform as Ive been basically working on making it for almost a year, but never done a full bloom. Thats why I have some plants in Pro Mix, with PBP nutrients, this way I have some side by side comparisons. I know soilless has faster growth, but if everything I have read about organic living soil is true, they should blow soilless out of the water, by overall plant health, and flower quality and taste.

Latest posts

Latest posts