What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2018

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hello friends, thank you for stopping by. It is springtime here in the Sierra Nevadas, the flowers are blooming and the grass is getting tall. We are working on what i hope will be our most beautiful and bountiful season yet! Please stick around and enjoy the show. Any questions, advice, or comments are welcomed and appreciated.

Here's what's on the menu:

-30 plants in big mounds
-100 plants in the ground, in native soil.
-Breeding! (Sprite f2's and Ancient OG f3's.. plus maybe few surprises too)

follow the season on instagram: @motherlodegardens

and some pics from last year...
F0m3SlTh.jpg

4myZivSh.jpg

omjUiVVh.jpg

u1pAFowh.jpg

HJpr6KJh.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Genetics

Genetics

It was hard to choose but we finally selected our lineup of strains for 2018. Every strain was picked for a reason, some different than others. Some I made myself, some were gifts , and some were purchased for curiousity. 28 strains total, although some are one-offs.

GyIfSOwl.jpg

nC0Ulvpl.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Springtime

Springtime

this is the native soil plot from last year... We plan to use it again so left all the posts in. Now it just needs some cannabis plants. To the right you can see cover-crop growing in a few 100gal smartpots which will be thrown away. No containers this year.
27YzdPul.jpg

lower plot. needs a bit of weedwacking:
ImLpMP7l.jpg

cover crop:
KCyjZtZl.jpg

soil mounds with giant covercrop:
BCwT7all.jpg

oc4fG7Ol.jpg

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Babies!

Babies!

These are our seed starts today, about 1 week after transplanting into 7gal grow bags. They seem to be happy mostly, some are already showing sex, others are a few weeks off.

Snow Leopard:
sY5E4Dul.jpg

Direwolf:
8EYw6CFl.jpg

Ancient OG (f3):
Mm6u7Oxl.jpg

Tangerine x Cherry Pie x Legend OG:
02Ug8pCl.jpg

Kaya's Dream:
jO6YbmNl.jpg

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Spring time is the best time. Hope your season is your best yet!

What was your favorite strain from last year?

Cheers for a great grow!

Dankwolf

Looking forward to another great season . I will be tuned in ready to learn .

Looking forward to another great season . I will be tuned in ready to learn .

I took your advise and increased the diameter of my potters this year from 7ft to 11ft wide .

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Looking forward to some Banana Pie monsters and AOG crosses, I was going to order some Reserva Privada Strawberry Banana for this year to breed with but got impatient waiting on verification for bitcoins lol.

Dawn Patrol

Well this is some bullshit right here.....
Veteran
Subbed

Best of luck this year @Shcrews

Am I remembering correctly that you were using essential oils in your IPM?

oti$

I've grown the glue fire from relentless and peeps liked a couple phenos more than the gg cut. I look forward to watching another epic outdoor season.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Good luck bro!

Really diggin the varieties this year. That Rebel dream can get huge.
i'm counting on it. our big-plant varieties this year include Rebel Dream and Kaya's Dream, plus my own stuff. Thanks for stopping by, you're always welcome here!

Am I remembering correctly that you were using essential oils in your IPM?

yes we used buildasoil's essential oil mix for IPM last year , as well as wettable sulfur in veg and and predatory mites during flower. We had a russet mite infestation which wasnt noticed until july but were able to save most of our crop with those items.

I've grown the glue fire from relentless and peeps liked a couple phenos more than the gg cut. I look forward to watching another epic outdoor season.
the gluefire OG sounds great. Glue and OG are two of my favorite strains. We are growing a few different OG's this year but i bet that cross will be the loudest one. cheers!

Looking forward to some Banana Pie monsters and AOG crosses, I was going to order some Reserva Privada Strawberry Banana for this year to breed with but got impatient waiting on verification for bitcoins lol.
I dont know anything about the Banana Pie, but i love banana OG so i figured that would be a good one to try. The male they used (key lime pie) gets really big too..

It's funny that Banana OG just became really popular here within the past couple years.. It's been one of my favorite strains for over a decade. nothing beats that flavor...

DoubleTripleOG

Chemdog & Kush Lover Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Signing up to watch another year of monsters go down ! Glad you chose to do a thread man.

Latest posts

Latest posts