What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Myth busting prop 64

Gry

A simple transaction between me and the shop owner will be replaced by a massive bureaucracy. Once that bill passes, 215 will for me be history .

I can accept the fact that change will happen. I am really amazed that there ever was such a thing as 215. Never heard of anything else remotely like it. It was a blessing in my life that I did not earn, but a wonderful gift from the people that I sure did appreciate.

Hash, have enjoyed reading your contributions here for years sir. I wish you good health and much success with your future efforts.

Last edited:

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A simple transaction between me and the shop owner will be replaced by a massive bureaucracy. Once that bill passes, 215 will for me be history .

I can accept the fact that change will happen. I am really amazed that there ever was such a thing as 215. Never heard of anything else remotely like it. It was a blessing in my life that I did not earn, but a wonderful gift from the people that I sure did appreciate.

Hash, have enjoyed reading your contributions here for years sir. I wish you good health and much success with you efforts.

Same to you.

supermike

This voting thing is gruesome. I mean, it's for sure that prop 64 will make some people much richer than they were before and disrupt the infrastructure we've got in Cali now. I'm not sure how many people will benefit from marijuana itself (not from sales and all the taxes). It's disturbing.

One more thing: I suspect worth when something starts to be heavily advertised and praised on media.

Anyway, good overviews to make one's mind before voting: (1), (2), (3)

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This voting thing is gruesome. I mean, it's for sure that prop 64 will make some people much richer than they were before and disrupt the infrastructure we've got in Cali now. I'm not sure how many people will benefit from marijuana itself (not from sales and all the taxes). It's disturbing.

One more thing: I suspect worth when something starts to be heavily advertised and praised on media.

Anyway, good overviews to make one's mind before voting: (1), (2), (3)

On this particular bill, I don't shame anyone for the way they vote. I'm so torn on it, that I trust democracy to make the right choice for us here. I think it's such a controversial bill that it's best to trust in the combined brain power of all of this.

Last edited:
I will be voting No tomorrow on prop 64. I've tried to stay informed with everything and it seems to me that things could be set up better. I'm especially concerned about dispensaries in LA that do not have a Pre-ICO license.

DRM Ranch

On this particular bill, I don't shame anyone for the way they vote. I'm so torn on it, that I trust democracy to make the right choice for us here. I think it's such a controversial bill that it's best to trust in the combined brain power of all of this.

I wish I could agree that combined brain power is something to trust in this day and age. One look at the folks we get to choose to be POTUS and my argument is set.

We collectively, over the years, put exactly the wrong group of people into positions that gave us the environment we live in now.

There are far more people existing on just marginal brain power who have near zero motivation to improve themselves by any internal means and remain satisfied to rely on the community to effect their very survival.

I hope it all works out in the end; for the little guy it'll be as rough as it is for any little guy trying to break into a large market, it'll be a little easier for the big cannabis growers that have their coffers full on big profit illegal grows.

In light of federal illegality I doubt big business is going to get a jump on this industry at least on the growing end, they will focus on the supporting industry side of things, at least that is my view at this moment.

Either way, vote if you can. Some with federal cannabis convictions can't. It'll be nice when that is a thing of the past.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
It passed. What happens now?

you will grow as a caregiver until they stop you.
you might buy a local permit. you got a snowball's chance for any state license.

you grow 6 recreational plants the size of Mendo's once a year and harvest 60-80 units.:biggrin:
if growing outdoors is not completely banned in your county or town.

Bewarned

I am a MI caregiver ... take 1 or 2 yearly vacations to Cal.. .be heading that way in Dec ... Been wanting to pick up some clones out there...I really don't know anything about this law... will I be able to just walk in to a place now that sells clones and purchase them over the counter

shaggyballs

Veteran
You can get 2-4 ounces per plant :biggrin: as long as you are not selling you will be good to go.

Good Luck :plant grow:
Better check with the local cop shop before you start growing you may find yourself behind bars.

Just because the state made it legal does not mean you can grow where you please...not by a long shot.

vta

Veteran
Better check with the local cop shop before you start growing you may find yourself behind bars.

Just because the state made it legal does not mean you can grow where you please...not by a long shot.

Anyone over 21 can legally grow 6 plants IN their residence. Cities, counties and even the State can't restrict that. Now if you rent or belong to a HOA...you may be restricted.

vta

Veteran
I am a MI caregiver ... take 1 or 2 yearly vacations to Cal.. .be heading that way in Dec ... Been wanting to pick up some clones out there...I really don't know anything about this law... will I be able to just walk in to a place now that sells clones and purchase them over the counter

Doubt it but you never know. I am hearing some localities may allow current MMJ shops serve the public until the state starts issuing licenses...which by the way, they have 13 months to do so. Otherwise you will have to find a Dr. that will give you a rec without proof of residence....there are some out there.

420somewhere

Hi ho here we go
Veteran
Shaggyballs you are misinformed

Shaggyballs you are misinformed

I've been growing for years and the L.A.P.D. Could care less :woohoo:

:tiphat:

soil margin

Veteran
I don't know I think you guys got bamboozled

Prices are falling and supply/quality is increasing. A private reserve 1/8th that used to be 3.5grams and cost $60 at a brick and mortar shop is now 4 grams standard and gets delivered to your front door for $50-55. If that's your definition of us getting "bamboozled", please feel free to do it more often.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Prices are falling and supply/quality is increasing. A private reserve 1/8th that used to be 3.5grams and cost $60 at a brick and mortar shop is now 4 grams standard and gets delivered to your front door for $50-55. If that's your definition of us getting "bamboozled", please feel free to do it more often.

Our collective is delivering 150 ounces right now of stuff that looks like this. Not advertising or anything. We are not taking new members currently. We make good money and our patients are very happy with the deal they get, and we can still afford to give Cancer patients and parents with kids with Travet's syndrome, free cbd tinctures.

trippn

nah brah. you got bamboozled; BAAAAAAD.