What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Australia legalizes Med Federally

glow

Way to go Oz! We're finally on the right path to humane legislation for medical users. Good also to see Australia beating the U.S, to the Fed gate:)

But seriously - there's about a 99% chance the med laws will be approved after the Libs backed them while Abbot was in. I can't see Labour not backing them and without a doubt the Greens will vote yes. Smart money is on what has already been stated in political circles - Aus should have a Federally fully legalised Med program this year.

https://www.change.org/p/malcolm-tu...w&utm_source=petition_update&utm_medium=email

Last edited:

armedoldhippy

Veteran
some people see the glass as half full, some see it as half empty. some folks yell "hey! i ordered a fucking cheeseburger...":biggrin:
a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. TAKE that step...:)

glow

some people see the glass as half full, some see it as half empty. some folks yell "hey! i ordered a fucking cheeseburger...":biggrin:
a journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. TAKE that step...:)

Nice call - what too many don't understand with the US legislation is all it will take is a change of Government for the walls to come tumbling down. With Fed backing Australia has solid med laws where the Feds won't target med users who are legally on the program and where Med will be produced in Australia under stringent regulations thus ensuring quality medicine for medical users. I.e no farking cowboys or ssnthetic PGRs allowed lol

We'll take anything we can get and we also understand that it is the first step in a long journey. This said it is a solid step enforced by Fed Law vs a situation of State vs Fed law as we are seeing in the US right now. So while far from perfect it is far more perfect than Australia has of now and in many ways more perfect than the US has in the long term as of now.

It also will help other countries where legalising med is concerned because those who support a legal program can point towards Australia and Australian research and say well look at that.

Main thing is that the less people behind bars and the less people who are persecuted and prosecuted the better. This is a big step in the right direction.

glow

Don't get too excited, they are not going to let you grow your own and smoke it with a doctors referral for a headache.

First it will be grown by licensed companies, and it will be sold as oil in capsules.
They will not be selling buds.
Secondly you need to have a serious illness go be able to get it.
A sore knee wont cut it.

The OP is getting excited about nothing.
You will still get charged if you grow or possess buds.

Dude are you talking about recreational or medical? I'm talking medical here. No thanks pal - we don't want the shit show we are seeing in the US as a legit medical program. However, we ultimately would like to see the shit show we are seeing in the US to replace prohibition (the current black market where people go to prison for producing rec) but let's not bullshit ourselves and say the shit that is being sold as Medical for political reasons in the US is a medical program. It is a recreational program being disguised as Med.

sadpanda

news from yesterday/today about the legalization:

'Fit and proper' people can apply to grow cannabis for medicinal use this weekend
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-...n-apply-to-grow-cannabis-this-weekend/7970282

Medicinal marijuana to become legal to grow in Australia — but how will it work?
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-10-29/medicinal-marijuana-to-become-legal-explainer/7975194

People or organisations wanting a licence will need to show they will be supplying either a licensed medicinal cannabis manufacturer or researcher.

They will also have pass a "fit and proper person test" and show that their proposed growing site is secure.
Information briefings on the licencing scheme have attracted hundreds of interested people in the past few weeks, from international companies to small operators.
so it doesn't sound like I'll be able to grow even though CBD has kept my seizures at bay for over three years now, because it makes it sound like you have to be a bigtime supplier!? eg farmers, but not citizens :( so govt are saying its only ok for me to grow if i buy a few more acres of land and grow shitloads, but its not ok if i just grow a few plants for my own medical needs. WHY ARE THE STUPIDEST PEOPLE IN THE COUNTRY RUNNING IT

B

BAKED_BEANZ

big business always screws the little guys ,

its stories from people like you , that if you don't get suppressed and keep speaking out and fighting for your rights ....... eventually in a number of years it may be possible to do your own .
flip side is , if your lucky with a few plants and judge will be a lot more tolerant , considering its now accepted as a medicine and if your can,t afford a medicine and boot leg your own grow , it will more than likely be looked at sympathetically

Last edited:

sadpanda

in the meantime feel free to brew your own alcohol and fuck your brain over with that, and there's no need to produce alcohol in large quantities to sell to big alcohol, because the govt says that's fine.

Latest posts

Latest posts