What's new

fav organic,semi organic bloom nutrient?

As far as bottled nutrients, I really like Blue Mountain Organics. Small mom and pop business that uses interesting ingredients. Made by hippies...
Also have had great results using DR. Earth Bud and Bloom top dressed, and water only for the cycle. Both produce a very clean product that smells and tastes great.
For a big harvest I like Pure Blend Pro Bloom, but I recycle my soils and don't really trust that it doesn't contain some salts, so I don't use it very often.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
I collect wildflowers and horsetail reeds and compost them. Bottled nutrients are really not necessary in organic gardening. Some of the best results I have ever seen on here or in person were from guys who just did water only(molasses sometimes too).

I agree with Magiccannacus that bottled nutrients are unnecessary. Plants sure seem to be healthy and happy with a good amended soil with good compost.
fatburt I wondering if you can get the epsoma brand in Canada? Their products are very similar to Dr Earth. And they claim to be organic.

magiccannabus

Next Stop: Outer Space!
Veteran
Espoma is a good recommendation. Most retail and hardware stores seem to carry their products. I've found them to be decent.

stoned-trout

if it smells like fish
Veteran
earthjuice, and when absolutely needed pure blend bloom... FWIW when I have needed to use pbb and recycled my soil I never had any issues...

I do an FPE kind of thing with the Kelp meal, plants thrive evertime I use it!

Could you tell us how you make your Kelp meal FPE. I've made FPE's in the past using Comfrey meal, alfalfa meal and stinging nettles. I mixed it in water added some lacto-bacteria and let it sit for a month. It smelled so bad! I used it on my Kale and green house cannabis. Didn't seem to have any negative effects but I've been hesitant to use it on my indoor garden.

rik78

Veteran
I just put the Kelp in a bottle and top it up with water from a naturla ring-well. Its been sitting there the whole summer, at the bigining the colour of the water ws green, but as time goes by is getting into a dark brown, and it smell like really nice seaweed by the beach.

i like to use natures nectar line, although i mostly keep it around for quick bursts of nutes, like if i suddenly realize i have a deficiency, i used to use it almost exclusively, but over time i began to compost, amend, and top dress more and more, too the point where it is pretty rare that i ever need it...

it wasn't a conscious decision, although i have come to realize that 30 bucks worth of quano's and kelp powder will do the work of hundreds of dollars of liquid ferts, with a lot less work. for the most part if i run out of a bottle of natures nectar phosphorus, for instance, i usually end up using jamacan bat quano instead untill i need to go back to the grow shop for rapid rooters or something. i am always amazed at how long dry organic amendments last, especially if you are recycling all your leaves and stems back into your soil...

also i add some Age Old Organics liquid kelp with every watering, it's just cheep and easy so i do it, although i don't consider it necessary, but i like to get my organic nutes from as many different sources as possible...

Team Microbe

Veteran
bottled nutrients are a gimmick, and produce inferior results compared to a composted mix built from scratch.