What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

dr. greenthumb

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
i guess it's cool if we talk about other breeders now? i've grown the ghost og s1s..pure fire. anyone else try some of his gear?

Green Supreme

Veteran
Couldn't get passed the tag on his G13. His cannabis related goals differ greatly from mine. Good luck. Peace GS

WelderDan

Veteran
Some of his stuff looks interesting. But not interesting enough to cough up the $$$$$$$$$$ he wants. Not when I can get plenty of bomb ass genetics for FREE...

thegambler

His Endless Sky blows now after he lost an original parent but I read good things about most of his other strains........... but he's pricey, some reports of poor germination and his customer service is lacking (he can be a nasty old fucker sometimes). But other than that, why not try something and report back?

yeah...100 dollars a seed is a little ridiculous. would like to give it a try though.
Per seed? That is INSANE. I must go have my scruples surgically removed and get into the magic bean business. Wasn't there a fellow in Canada asking those kinds of prices (or higher) a few years ago.

Treetroit City

Moderately Super
Veteran
Couldn't get past him using a mini bic lighter in his g13 ad to try to make his bud look bigger that it was.
$100 a bean AND deceptive advertising, I think not.

Last edited:
I

Iron_Lion

His strains could be great but his prices are straight up highway robbery. He's selling his seeds himself too so there is no middle man to account for higher prices. But so long as people are willing to pay it; it will stay that way.

Green Supreme

Veteran
I have heard of him trying to bully seed sellers to by his stuff. Only to become annoyed when they have never heard of him. Too funny. Peace GS

thegambler

You get 2 seeds plus one freebie on Doc's G13 for $200 so it's really $66 per seed, not $100 per. I grew the original G13 back in 1989 from The Seedbank (Nevil's company). Pic's I've seen of Doc's G13 is the closest to the original way back that I've ever seen. It sure does look close to the original. But that being said- after numerous bad experiences with him and his beans- I would never again consider giving him a dollar. There are too many other places to buy high quality strains with reasonable pricing......and the quality is just as good.

chongsbuddy

Veteran
all he does is make s1's from others hard work,and he thinks hes the king or something!the guy is a complete joke and a total liar.i have personally caught him in more than a few.i would not spend a red cent on his seeds.and he calls shanti a hack!...the nerve!
i remember when he started out with niagra and others,but i heard nothing but terrible reports on those strains except for the endless sky,which a buddy of his prolly bred.then he gets into the s1's and sells them for horrendous prices and calls himself a master breeder!
In my opinion he is one of the shadiest guys out there.and he is a prick as well.he acts like a child when asked questions he is not prepared to answer and has no facts on the origins of his strains.
i would bet money his iranian is an s1 of a strain from a well known canadian seedbank,and i would bet its manitoba medicine that has been selfed.

Harpo

land race preservation

land race preservation

I had nothing but good luck the two times I got seeds from Greenthumb.

Not too pricey in the old days. Delivery was prompt. Stealth packaging was adequate and similar to others I've seen from half a dozen different seed venders which I've used over the years.

I've grown out Greenthumb's Malawi and Acapulco Gold. Both were outstanding land race weed. The AG buds turned a light gold, even the small stems, in late flower.

The first time I ever got high was on AG in 1972. The high is distinct. A floating, out of body, giddy experience. Greenghumb's AG was right on.

Greenthumb's Malawi high was as clear and strong as any Mr. Nice SSH I've grown. Malawi doesn't taste like haze. Malawi buds taste like fresh turned garden earth smells, mixed with a black pepper tang.

I hope the good Doctor goes back on the road collecting other outstanding land race strains.

Umgawa

Haps

stone fool
Veteran
I grew out three endless sky females,, and got three consistant gals I would characterize as highland mexi, and very nice smoke, I really liked it. So, I got 13 zips of nice weed that I really liked, but it was completely different than what I bought it for. So ethically, do you bitch about a deal when you end up happily stoned?

When I emailed Doc, he was very good about it, offering me other fine genetics to make up for it, but I declined. I got my money's worth, and I let it drop. I would try his stuff again, but have not looked at his prices. I can see the case for high prices vs a zip of bud, but you gotta get that you pay for, and that was not my experience. But I always wanted to try the laughing one.
H

Hold Your Fire

Finding my way back home
Veteran
You get 2 seeds plus one freebie on Doc's G13 for $200 so it's really $66 per seed, not $100 per. I grew the original G13 back in 1989 from The Seedbank (Nevil's company). Pic's I've seen of Doc's G13 is the closest to the original way back when I've ever seen. It sure does look close to the original. But that being said- after numerous bad experiences with him and his beans- I would never again consider giving him a dollar ever again. There are too many other places to buy high quality strains with reasonable pricing(I'm on a ****** kick right now)......

Well that makes all the difference, as long as I get that third seed.
:laughing:

This guy sounds like a first rate ass hat. Pricing like that means I'll NEVER even look at his stuff.

Sannnie, on the other hand, here I come.

Rinse

Veteran
I coudn't spend that amount for 10 seeds (or 1), but looking at grow reports they are generally positive, the big laughing catches my eye, and everyone who grows it agrees its laughing herb.

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I would and could buy a seed for any price. I don't know why people have such an issue with seed prices. Either you support them and buy them or you don't. It isn't like other people are trying to buy 2 seeds with your money lol but hey you do get that one free seed LOL.

I will say that any keeper pheno of mine, if I had the chance to buy them and it would take $100 for a seed. I think I would do it IF I knew what I was going to get from it. Not sure about everyone here BUT pheno selecting tends to cost a bit more than $100 and IF you could locate ONE SEED that can be that keeper than SWEET.

Not saying that I am ever going to buy expensive ass seeds anytime soon BUT if there is a market need then someone will FILL IT. Some people love talking about how much they spent on stuff these days. Many seem happy to OVERPAY for a ton of stuff as if that makes them better or cooler. To me, the cheaper you get stuff the better off you will always be as long as quality isn't the thing that suffers.

its like doggies nuts seeds.... seeing those prices just make me laugh BUT what I find even more laughable is the many who snag these high priced seeds up. I was going to say "high end" at first but just because something is priced high does NOT make it high end.

I think anything over $100 will get complaints no matter how many seeds are in the pack. There seems to always be someone whining over the seed prices because when they buy them they see 10 little seeds BUT do not see all the hard work, time and money that the breeder put into those 10 little seeds.

If you make it, I say set the price as you want it. If people want it then they will buy it BUT if you set it over $100 you will have mass amounts of lil whiners bitching about the cost.

SS-

Don't know about his other strains. But his ECSD s1 is legit. Made a casual smoker spinout from being dizzy legit. :joint:

Oh yeah. I can say Got his new Bubba katsu x pre98. None but one germed. And that one was a runt. Same tray as the ECSD and all those germed so don't think it was user fault.

iSMOKE.KUSH

Veteran
so the ecsd s1 is legit? thought rez had stated that it's impossible to create an SD s1? anyway...as i said earlier, the ghost og s1 is 100% legit og kush...fire.