Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > Talk About It! > Hobbies and Interests > The Great OutDoors > Bowhunting

Thread Title Search
Bowhunting Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-18-2018, 02:47 PM #61
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
This year the bow season here will open two weeks earlier than it has in the past.
Here in September you are still swatting mosquitoes and greenheads and it can be 60-70 degrees.
If you bag a deer the blowflies will be on it instantly. Im not into flies all over my game and deer hunting in 70 degree weather just doesnt feel right.
They should have just let us hunt on Sundays if they wanted to give us more days .
"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is offline Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 07-29-2018, 10:00 PM #62
Bwanabud

Bwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud of
Can't hunt here on Sunday either, Blue Laws in effect....come on November rut

Just added a G5 Prime Rize to the herd, may let it eat this year instead of my usual line-up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ez Rider View Post
I bid you a fond F**K OFF! I am done with you.
Bwanabud is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2018, 06:51 PM #63
Hoypare.
Vendor

Hoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud ofHoypare. has much to be proud of
Anyone use a Mathews triax?Do they live up to the hype?
Hoypare. is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2018, 06:57 PM #64
Lester Beans
Frequent Flyer

Lester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond reputeLester Beans has a reputation beyond repute
They changed it so hunting on Sunday is ok here. I always wondered why that was to begin with. Do the deer go to church?
Lester Beans is offline Quote

Old 08-12-2018, 08:22 PM #65
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lester Beans View Post
They changed it so hunting on Sunday is ok here. I always wondered why that was to begin with. Do the deer go to church?
so-called "blue laws" (don't know why they are called that) used to (and in some places still do) limit what you can legally do on Sunday. bible-thumpers thought if you could not go hunting/fishing/drinking on Sunday, then you would go to church. sure am glad 7th Day Adventists did not push that idea as well, then saturdays would be fucked as well.
in Alabama, you can hunt on Sunday, but not within 1/2 mile of a church. ministers hated having a gun going off, and all the men talking "you reckon he got him?" it makes all of the henpecked husbands in there jealous because THEY didn't get to go that morning...

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:34 PM #66
Bwanabud

Bwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud ofBwanabud has much to be proud of
1682 -- Pennsylvania enacts its first blue law
Pennsylvania put it's first blue law in place shortly after its founding as a colony by William Penn.

The law read: "Whoever does or performs any worldly employment or business whatsoever on the Lord's day, commonly called Sunday, works of necessity and charity only exempted, or uses or practices any game, hunting, shooting, sport or diversion whatsoever on the same day not authorized by law" is considered to be a law breaker.

Quote:

Old 08-14-2018, 04:53 PM #67
Capt.Ahab
Feeding the ducks with a bun.

Capt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivorCapt.Ahab is a survivor
All I wanted to do was go hunting instead of going to church...

"Mark ye, be forewarned; Ahab's above the common; Ahab's been in colleges, as well as 'mong the cannibals; been used to deeper wonders than the waves; fixed his fiery lance in mightier, stranger foes than whales.'"
Capt.Ahab is offline Quote

2 members found this post helpful.
Old 08-14-2018, 06:38 PM #68
Bwanabud

I always found it funny you could go fishing, but DEFINITELY not hunting.

Quote:

Old 08-21-2018, 03:32 AM #69
armedoldhippy

armedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivorarmedoldhippy is a survivor
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanabud View Post
I always found it funny you could go fishing, but DEFINITELY not hunting.
well, a bunch of the disciples were fishermen, so...