What's new
  • Please note members who been with us for more than 10 years have been upgraded to "Veteran" status and will receive exclusive benefits. If you wish to find out more about this or support IcMag and get same benefits, check this thread here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Bubba Kush S1s: Info and grow-along

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
These seeds, my first 'private breeder' offering, were made by reversing the Pre-98 Bubba Kush clone with colloidal silver. The pollen was collected and another plant of the Pre-98 Bubba was pollinated. The bubba is one of my favourite smokes, very satisfying, a real earthy, coffee, slightly spicy aroma/taste and a high that is relaxing and thought-provoking. Most people take it about 9 weeks although the window is more like 8-10. Yields are moderate but quite high for a real 'kush type' broadleaf/indica plant.
Bubba is said to be reasonably true breeding so the S1s should be fairly uniform whilst offering subtle variations. Recently I read that TomHill has ditched his Pre-98 bubba for an S1 of the cut that is called the 'Bombthreat' - nice to know that there is the possibility of something even better than the original from these S1 seeds.
The making of the seeds was documented in my 'low wattage' thread linked in my sig.

I did a small germination test of 4 seeds :D all of which came up -
here they are 5 days ago, the difference in height was caused by some seedlings being under brighter light than others i think...
picture.php

and here they are today, they were repotted into some ferted soil today too.
picture.php

the 40 x 5 packs that i sent in sold within a couple of hours and i would like to thank everyone for the support, and say sorry to those who were disappointed. As you will see below, more seeds are hopefully on the way.

anyone who bought seeds and has pics can post them here, or post your own thread in the forum, or post a link here to your grow diary. im really excited to see what comes up!

here's a pre-98 bubba cut that i vegged earlier :D
this was flipped to 12/12 today and will be pollinated for more seeds. ive vegged it up pretty big and hopefully i can get a better yield of seeds this time
picture.php

cheers

VG

V

vonforne

Sweeeeeet VG! I will sprout mine as soon as they arrive. Plants are looking good and if there is a better one than Bubba to find I am sure it is in your work.

Front seat!!

:thank you:

Kant C Shyt

Veteran
Hey VerdantGreen, pulling up a seat to this one. Definately let me know when your releasing more of these, just missed em when they dropped. Always wanted to check out some Bubba Kush and try that coffee tasting kush. Take care 1

dasher65

Tagged.

Pissed off at missing the last drop...time difference here sucks big time!!!

For my sake (& everyone elses) I hope you get a bumper crop of seeds for the next drop.

Good luck

Reactions: JCG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks guys.
some more pics from today. definitely some variation showing up. pics are a little underexposed but you get the idea
these two look pretty similar
picture.php

picture.php

3rd one
picture.php

4th one
picture.php

VG

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks b00m! yeah im looking forward to seeing how they turn out.. S1s are a bit like 'deconstructing' an elite i guess. you get to see the spread of genetics similar to an F2 generation.
i'll probably repot them on friday and then give them another week before flowering them. i'll try doing them sog style, but sog plants always get too tall for my cab so you might all get a laugh. :D

VG

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
SOG should be interesting to see with the Bubba s1's, can't wait to see what phenos pop up and how they perform :D
:joint:

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you tried it stickky?, how does it differ from the pre '98 bubba cut ??

im interested to know the story of the bombthreat cut

Last edited:

dutchy

wow, the genetic split between the phenos looks quite heavy.
iam really interested in their expression.
if this is the real cut then its quite spectacular to see the results from the opposite phenos...
i also got 2 packs of your release, gladly i was fast enough to pick them,
that was a quick sell out fore sure^^
i really hope to find a good pre98 bubba like pheno in your work....
looking forward to your update and thanks for spreading the genetics..
.peace

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Fluffy!

hey dutchy, im as sure as you can be that it's the pre-98 i have,and it looks spot on, i can be certain that its pretty much the best weed ive smoked. there are many theories and stories about how the bubba came about and what the genetics are.. whether its a line or a cross. to me it looks more like an old 'gani, but there are traits, like that sudden internodal stretch you get as it tops out, which i associate more with hybrids. so i guess i think its not a pure indica, but looks much more pure than the OG (which i've never seen except in pics)

there is definitely some variation, which is quite exciting for me. its early days too. i'll be putting them to 12/12 under some stronger lighting soon and we'll see how it moves along.

VG

• Love
Reactions: Gry

VerdantGreen

Genetics Facilitator
Boutique Breeder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
right, here are some pics from today. still in veg but will get flipped pretty soon . ive numbered them from shortest to tallest

number 1 is the most different, lighter green on this too
picture.php

number 2 has similar leafs but not quite so exaggerated serrations and a darker green. this look reminiscent if the bubba cut for sure, although ive never seen the bubba as a juvenile plant of course..
notice how long the middle leaf finger is in comparison to the others... on both this and no1
picture.php

number 3 also looks potentially bubba like
picture.php

number 4 is the tallest, and has rounder leaf fingers.
picture.php

none of them have enough sidebranch to clone... but i dont really want to top or train them so we will have to see. i defo want to have cuts of all of these.

VG

dutchy

wow they look fantastic i have a very good felling and they do look kinda ibl like now I mean 4 seeds and 3 phenos are spot on alike and even the one lighter green is very similar to them...iam very exited really looking forward to these in my garden, thanks for this nice update…..peace