Register ICMag Forum Menu Features Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
You are viewing our:
in:
Forums > ICMag Vendor Forums > Seed Boutique > Seed Boutique Vendors > Mr. Nice Seeds > Dreamtime strain identification

Thread Title Search
Dreamtime strain identification Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-08-2020, 10:00 PM #1
JockBudman

JockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of light
Dreamtime strain identification

Hey all, just wondering if anyone would be able to ID a few Dreamtime plants. I know it's a guessing game but I thought I'd see if any frequent Mr Nice growers could give me a suggestion to look at - they both just look like skunk to me

Dreamtime 1

Dreamtime 2

I've got a couple more plants I'll upload soon, I just didn't get any full shots of them today, just tops.

Not expecting any solid IDs, just a guess or two for fun so don't feel like you can't chime in
JockBudman is offline Quote

Old 04-01-2020, 10:59 PM #2
JockBudman

JockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of lightJockBudman is a glorious beacon of light
Well, it's been a few weeks so let's see if anyone can take a guess now they're a bit further along.

DT1:

DT2:

Old 04-01-2020, 11:00 PM #3
JockBudman

And now, for the first time...

DT3:

And DT4:

Seeing as no one is popping in with an opinion, I've come up with some very rough guesses of my own.

For DT3 I'm thinking Ortega. The lower buds in particular look very close to the photos on the Mr nice site. I'm about 80% on this one.

DT4 maybe nordle? It actually looks a lot like a Papaya I ran from Nirvana which is Jack herer X skunk#1 so fuck knows really. It just feels like Afghan skunk is a good fit for this one.

The others I'm not so sure about. I've thought various things about them, that they were one strain, el nino for DT1, skunk haze for DT2, spice for both, NL5xhaze... Keeps going round and round.

I think for DT2 I'll maybe say Shit for now. I'll change my mind again I'm sure but it does smell a bit skunky now, sort of meaty. Gross.

DT1 I think might be a haze cross? Maybe something random in the mix because I really have no idea with this one.... Doesn't smell of much either.

Anyway, chip in if you can.

Last edited by JockBudman; 04-01-2020 at 11:07 PM.. Reason: Got my numbers mixed up...

Old 04-12-2020, 02:19 PM #4
JockBudman

Well, I'm gonna keep this going because there are very few threads out there that show what can be found in this mix.

It's been a week and there's some serious weight coming on now, dt1 needed staked last night when I got photos and dt3 is leaving heavily too. Still not any closer to ripening with any of them yet, they just keep putting out pistils and expanding their flowers.

Dt1

Dt2

Next post will be the other two.

Old 04-12-2020, 02:33 PM #5
JockBudman

Here's the other two, both just chugging along, not as spectacular as the two sativa leaners.

Dt3

Dt4

So all still a few weeks out at least - they're starting to smell pretty good though. I'm thinking DT1 must have some haze influence somewhere with how much it's foxtailing, same with 2. I'm back to thinking they might be the same strain again. Not that it matters really, they both look like they'll be good smoke and it's going to be a long few weeks waiting for them to finish cooking.

Old 04-23-2020, 09:27 PM #6
JockBudman

Well it's a totally insane mess in the tent at the moment. I don't think I've ever had plants stack buds this hard, dt1 is completely bent over from the weight of her head and is taking the stake with her. Dt2 isn't far behind and dt3 has had to be leant against the tent wall as I don't have enough stakes. Utter madness, especially as they still aren't cooked, they just keep putting out more pistils - but that may be the heat as it's hitting 33c up in the loft at the moment. I run the lights at night to try to help control it so it only really gets that hot early in their day as it were (evening for me) but I think that must be contributing.

I'm going to give them another week and then chop either next weekend or the weekend after if I think I can push them more. Not sure they'll make it though, they're all looking like they're dying now.

Also, dt1 has some small yellow seeds so looks like she hermed at some point. Meh, c'est la vie. It's too late to stress now so I may as well let her finish and put up with a few seedy buds. Anyway, some pics

Group shot of 1,2&4

Dt1 bent over

And dt3 against the wall

Next update will probably be chop day then it's just onto the drying and toking.

Ganja gu brah

Old 05-06-2020, 11:01 PM #7
JockBudman

Dt3 has chucked some nanas for sure this time and all will be coming down asap. A bit of a shame as DT 2&3 could both take another week or so and get more pistils red but the other two were for the chop tomorrow night anyway so they may all be coming down then. It's not like they're going to form seeds in the next week anyway so it's no big deal.

It's a bit of a bugger as I'd done a wee pollination with a male I'd found in the pack back at the start of flowering - a real belter that I was hoping would be a girl but now DT3 is out of the running so any beans I get off her will be straight in the bin sadly.

Here's hoping she isn't the best smoke out of the lot.

JB's Sativa Hacking Hub

Old 05-08-2020, 12:04 AM #8
JockBudman

Well, I didn't end up chopping tonight, took too long making dinner. I did get some photos though

Dt4

Dt2

More to come...

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 05-08-2020, 12:14 AM #9
JockBudman

Dt1

Dt3

As you can see, DT4 and DT2 are the closest to done although they could all maybe go another week. I was planning to cut them all tomorrow night but now, seeing the photos with the flash helping balance out the blurple, I think I might just stake DT1 and cut 2&4. Or maybe none, I've always erred in the side of leaving them longer and there's still plenty of white hairs.

Old 05-10-2020, 08:10 PM #10
JockBudman

DT4 came down tonight - no photos as the chop is the hardest part as a stealth grower and I climb into the tent to chop which makes for a tight squeeze. All these plants are massive as well so it was a tough job.
She was nice and ripe with a fruity pungent stink that carries a hint of what I can only describe as pickled onion flavour at the end. Trichs pretty much 100% cloudy so perfect. She's so top heavy that the main cola was about the size of a beer can which is very impressive for me - I'm looking forward to seeing the yield almost as much as smoking it.

As for the others, I think the dt2 is about done as well but I want more hairs to turn. Trichs are mostly cloudy. The other two are still a bit young to bother checking, I'm thinking it'll be another week for them. They'll need to come down soon regardless as they've been flushed over a week now.

Til next time...

JB's Sativa Hacking Hub