What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Feminized seed growers (check this out)

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hi all

this is a warning that whenever growing feminized seed there is a chance that ocasionaly a male flower shows it self, especialy if your room is not dialed ie lights leaks,overfert ,high temps

our feminized seed have been made using collidial silver and are as good as any seedbank fems out there but shit can happen with fems so keep an eye on your ladies and get them jars ready for some sticky icky

fems are not for everyone but there is some amazing things you can do with fems such as cross clone only elites which we will be focusing on in 2012 aswell as our usual male/female lines

they also work out very good for small time gardeners who dont have rooms for mothers etc

peace

U

Ultra Current

A lot of types of cannabis can herm given the right conditions. As long as they arent auto flowers, its all good with me. Good luck with the project. Hope it is a success!

I

Iron_Lion

I love fems, the problem I have is that most of the best strains don't come feminized. It's nice to do some chucking too, but I have had great success using fems in my own seed making.

S

Scrappy-doo

Can you give us a peek at which elite fems are coming down the line?

M

mugenbao

this is a warning that whenever growing feminized seed there is a chance that ocasionaly a male flower shows it self
This doesn't worry me much... I grow exclusively for myself and the wife, and even if it happened (which I've never had happen unintentionally before) a few seeds don't bother me much so it wouldn't be a disaster for us. I usually intentionally pollinate a branch or two per cycle anyways, because having backup seeds in addition to cuts is a good thing in my opinion :D

they also work out very good for small time gardeners who dont have rooms for mothers etc

That's me :wave:

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Love me a good Fem! Especially elites :) Allows you to plan a bit more/better to get the most out of your room. Everything Ive seen or grown from Conn~ has been dank ass fire!!!!

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
no we not seen any males

we did have a bit of heat stress one day with the light to close and one plant put out some nannners on 1 plant out of 25 the plant did not seed anything up so i guess it was sterile but i didnt see any pollen release either
after a while i just chopped that bit off
so nothing out of the ordinary as that can easily happen with reg seeds with chems og and casey jones which the majority of the fems we were growing

i have heard a few report of full blown males turn up in fem seeds (not in my seeds but just on the internet)

peace

Last edited:

Bunz

It happens in nature also, so no worries. If you check your plants closely every day, they should be fairly recognizable. 1 in 25 is damn good odds.

Bunz :D

K

kush kings

You should focus on making S1's out of all of your elite clone only strains. I think that would be most beneficial for growers around the world that come here and read about KKSC or Skywalker og etc and never can get those clone only but will pay $80-$200 for S1's of those strains just because they know its the closest they will ever get to that elite strain

I

Iron_Lion

$200 for S1's

For 2 bills I wouldn't need it that bad. That's highway robbery, especially considering a fem seed is just some plant that was sprayed with chemicals and forced to herm, didn't have to invest any time making a suitable male selection.

Making an F1 male/female strain is much harder, you have to sort thru the males, try them and see which one actually produces worthy offspring. Hardest thing about making an S1 is sourcing the clone only.

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I thought S1 where made without chems??? Its a selfed plant. I would not pay that for a S1.. I have a uper limit of 100 for 10 beans ...

I

Iron_Lion

I thought S1 where made without chems??? Its a selfed plant. I would not pay that for a S1.. I have a uper limit of 100 for 10 beans ...

They're made in different ways, some breeders use colloidal silver, some use STS (Silver Thiosulfate Solution) and some use environmental stress :dunno:

K

kush kings

I might have exaggerated a little on the price. but people would pay to get these genetics not all but most will.

K

kush kings

They're made in different ways, some breeders use colloidal silver, some use STS (Silver Thiosulfate Solution) and some use environmental stress :dunno:
True but if you go a couple generations with proper testing there should be no problem.

U

Ultra Current

I might have exaggerated a little on the price. but people would pay to get these genetics not all but most will.

Last week i spent $300 for 30 beans of S2's of the white. I would have paid $750 if i had to. Ill pay anything for clone onlys in seed form that i want.