What's new

Botrytis

jeffx

I was wondering if Fungus Botrytis can affect Cannabis that's been stored away in my Mason jars. I read that it can live on live plants.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
If it was put away too wet and humid, yes you can definitely get curing mold. What's happening, from my understanding, is the weed already has spores on it when placed in the jar and with high humidity levels it lets the mold start growing.
719112425-DSC01514.jpg

Leaf Eater

If it was put away too wet and humid, yes you can definitely get curing mold. What's happening, from my understanding, is the weed already has spores on it when placed in the jar and with high humidity levels it lets the mold start growing.
View Image

I agree 100% even if you dont see it when you spread the bud open before putting it in there the spores will start growing if it is too humid in the jar. Sometimes you can put it in there real dry and if it was already growing it will continue growing even in low humidity.

jeffx

I even stored it with those Boveda packets B-62 in the jars hoping that would keep them at the right level. They must not work I guess.

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran
They work but they are not made to prevent mold.
Chances are the brown paper on the Boveda is going to carry spores into your next jar if you re-use it.
I think 62% is enough for the mold to grow if product is heavily infected.

AgentPothead

Just this guy, ya know?
62% is definitely high enough for spore germination. It depends on the species, but 20-40% is the general "safe" humidity, but that doesn't mean none will germinate, it just means a lot less will. Boveda packs are more for curing and long term storage than drying.

jeffx

Thanks Capt. Ahab for the heads up on future storage in those jars and packets, never thought of the spores spreading. Ordered new Boveda's at 58%. I must have jarred them a little to moist last year.

otis123

Fungus Botrytis is a fungal disease that affects a wide variety of plants, including Cannabis. The fungus is spread through air and can live on live plants as well as stored buds. It has no impact on dried buds and will not affect your cannabis if you start storing it right away. among us framed game

VenerableHippie

719112425-DSC01514.jpg
I totally fukn agree Mr Pothead! I 've seen mould in a cryovacced bag!!

(How the fukarya? Thought you were gone foreva. Still growing GG?)

goingrey

Not sure if it's botrytis but some kind of mold can develop for sure.

Remember to burp your jars.

caylakling

Botrytis belongs to the group hyphomycetes and has about 30 different species. It is a plant parasite as well as saprophytes on both agricultural and forest trees. Flappy Bird

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts