What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Hurricane Irma, Category 5 and heading for Florida!..BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

Green Squall

Puerto Rico is fucked. Hit twice, weakened power grid, country is bankrupt and most people don't have insurance for their houses.

Not to mention the other small island nations that have been devastated. Bad situation all around unfortunately.

Badfishy1

Puerto Rico is fucked. Hit twice, weakened power grid, country is bankrupt and most people don't have insurance for their houses.

Not to mention the other small island nations that have been devastated. Bad situation all around unfortunately.

You left out CORRUPTION M8, the BIGGEST problem....

ronbo51

Veteran
I feel bad for all the island peeps that got crushed. PR is so fucked. We, however, are getting another blast of epic swell starting today but really hitting tomorrow and Sunday. Check out surfline at Folly Beach. I"ll be out both days

brown_thumb

I feel very fortunate that my area wasn't hit very hard, so our losses were few. My heart breaks for all those who are suffering so much.

St. Phatty

attachment.php

Jose is making East Coast ocean folks very happy.

attachment.php

Maria is following fairly closely in Jose's storm-steps - sort of.

Except for that part about creaming Puerto Rico.

if you are interested, Surfline has a bunch of pics

https://view.surfline.com/864803/

I think that is one of the best ways to experience Mother Nature, to be in the ocean after a storm. :woohoo:

Subject to certain caveats -
* a health care set-up so that the inevitable wipeout doesn't result in a $100K ER bill.
* you're not sitting there floating in the exact area where Great Whites are feeding
* best to wait till the 100 mph winds have passed.
* debris in the water is the killer
* a knife on your ankle because if you get caught in a fishing line, you will have 5 seconds to deal with it.

Other than that - it really is awesome to be out there when it's like that. You don't have to catch a wave, you can just swim and concentrate on not drowning and figuring out the currents.

Attachments

• josejpg.jpg
    josejpg.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 5
  • jose2.jpg
    jose2.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 6

Latest posts

Latest posts